The AMD Radeon 6700 XT and the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 were, at their release, absolute titans of their own era. From running high-end games at Ultra Presets to streaming 4K videos with ease, these beasts are used to deliver outstanding performances amongst all tests. Now, two years later, with newer GPUs and higher demanding titles, let’s see how the RX 6700 XT vs RTX 3060 can hold up in recent times.
- Regarding FPS, the RX 6700 XT performed 23.1% better on 1080p, 26.6% better on 1440p, and 27.1% better on 4K.
- On 1080p, the RX 6700 XT runs 3.59% cooler. While on 1440p and 4K, the RTX 3060 proves to be 3.9% and 4.5% cooler, respectively.
- On 1080p and 1440p, the RTX 3060 proves to be more power-efficient, consuming 5.1% and 9.12% lesser power. While on 4K, the RX 6700 XT consumes 13% less power than its rival.
- The RTX 3060 acquires an average of 77 FPS, while the RX 6700 XT gains an average of 96.3 FPS across all resolutions tested.
- Current markets see the RTX 3060 priced as low as $329 while the RX 6700 XT goes for around $359.
Also Read: RX 6700 XT Vs RX 6750 XT: Worth Upgrading?
|Name||AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT||Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060|
|Node||TSMC 7nm||Samsung 8nm|
|Core Clock||2321 MHz||1320 MHz|
|Boost Clock||2581 MHz||1777 MHz|
|Memory||12 GB GDDR6||12 GB GDDR6|
|Memory Clock||16 Gbps||15 Gbps|
|Memory Bandwidth||384 GB/s||360 GB/s|
|Transistors||17,200 million||12,000 million|
|Power Connector||1 x 12 pin||1 x 12 pin|
|Launch Year||March 18, 2021||Jan 12th, 2021|
|Best Variants||Best RX 6700 XT Cards||Best RTX 3060 Cards|
Differences In Specifications
The AMD Radeon 6700 XT was released on March 18, 2021, after its initial announcement two weeks prior. Sporting one of the highest core and boost clock speeds(2321 MHz to 2581 MHz) to date at the time of its release, this GPU was built with a revolution in mind.
Running a 12 GB GDDR6 memory with a clock speed of 16 GB/s and a bandwidth of 384 GB/s, it was on the faster side of the spectrum in its initial days.
On the contrary, the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 came out earlier on Jan 12, 2021, as Nvidia’s flagship of the year. Boasting 3,584 CUDA Cores and the same number of Shading Units, the RTX 3060 could run even the most demanding of titles at 4K resolution.
Operating a 12 GB GDDR6 memory upon a clock frequency of 15 GB/s, along with a respectable bandwidth of 360.0 GB/s, it seemed to be on the slower side of the equation, although its 256-bit memory interface went a long way to bridge the gap between performance and power.
Based on the same Ampere architecture, both GPUs provide a great performance-per-watt and a lower running temperature, indicating their well-structured design and exceptional stability.
Showcasing a TDP of 230 W, the RX 6700 XT provides a monumental upgrade to its power design from the preceding RX 6600 series, with slightly higher power requirements owing to a massive boost in performance.
On the other hand, the RTX 3060 is regarded in history as the Ampere GPU with the lowest rated power rating, coming in at just 170 W, providing a phenomenal bang for just half the normal rated power rating for modern flagships.
Memory Type And Bandwidth
Packing a sizeable 12 Gigs of GDDR6 memory, the RTX 3060 clocks in at a frequency of 15 GB/s at a sizeable bandwidth of 360 GB/s, providing ample power to run most everyday titles.
Conversely, the RX 6700 XT is built to deliver a whopping bandwidth of 384 GB/s, reaching a memory clock of 16 GB/s based on 12 Gigabytes of GDDR6 memory, maintaining and exceeding industry standards at its time of release.
Clocking in at a core speed of 1320 MHz, the Nvidia RTX 3060 reaches frequencies of up to 1777 MHz when boosted, a definitive upgrade from Nvidia’s previous RTX 2000 series.
Meanwhile, the RX 6700 XT boasts clock speeds of 2321 MHz, going as high as 2581 MHz on account of the boost clock, making it one of the fastest clock frequencies ever seen in GPUs to date, hence competing with even modern flagships of today!
RT & Tensor Cores
Simulating light rays according to real-world scenarios, the RTX 6700 XT flaunts 40 RT Cores, seemingly equipped to deliver a seamless and immersive gaming experience.
The RTX 3060 cuts down the number of RT Cores to just 28 while upgrading their design to that of 2nd Generation Ray Tracing, exhibiting a highly vivid and picturesque gaming venture, all the while giving extensive attention to detail.
RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3060 Gaming Benchmarks – 1080p
Specifications aside, the real worth of a GPU is tested on its battlefield, that is to say, its benchmark tests. Being the standard resolution for gamers worldwide, the two GPUs are placed against each other in the 1080p ring, both vying for the top position in the first series of tests. This benchmark test is conducted by YouTuber Device Lab.
- CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K
- RTX 3060: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12GB
- RX 6700 XT: GigaByte Radeon RX 6700 XT Gaming OC 12G 1815Mhz
- CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
- RAM: Patriot Viper Steel [PVS416G360C7K] 32 Gb (8*4)
- SSD: Samsung SSD 970 Evo M.2 NVMe, MZ-V7E1T0BW, 1 Tb
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z490 GAMING X AX (LGA1200, ATX)
- Benchtable: STREACOM BC1 Open Benchtable [ST-BC1.1S]
- Capture Card: AVerMedia GC573
Also Read: RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3060 Ti
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Starting off the list with one of the more popular titles in our list, the RX 6700 XT achieves an admirable average of 78 FPS as opposed to the RTX 3060’s 63 FPS.
- A 23.8% boost in average FPS points in the direction of the RX 6700 XT, showcasing higher performance in this GPU-intensive game.
- In the case of temperature stability, both GPUs are tied with an average temperature of 64°C.
- Fulfilling its role as the more power-efficient GPU, the RTX 3060 utilizes 170 W of power as compared to the RX 6700 XT’s 175 W.
Player’s Unknown Battleground (PUBG)
- Moving onto perhaps the most successful competitive game in recent years, the RX 6700 XT manages to score a neat victory, averaging out at 188 FPS against the RX 6700 XT’s 157 FPS.
- A 19.7% increment in average FPS marks the RX 6700 XT as the more viable option when running this title at 1080p.
- As far as temperatures are concerned, the RTX 3060 does manage to run a bit cooler at 66°C as opposed to the RX 6700 XT’s 67°C.
- Proving itself as the more power-efficient card, the RTX 3060 consumes around 171 W of power, marginally lower than the RX 6700 XT’s 182 W.
Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Entering the territory of Microsoft’s revolutionary flight simulator, the RX 6700 XT once again dominates the scene by attaining an average of 65 FPS as opposed to the RTX 3060’s 58 FPS.
- The RX 6700 XT shows a 12.1% enhancement in regards to average FPS, securing the top spot here.
- The RX 6700 XT runs slightly warmer at 66°C while the RTX 3060 reaches temperatures up to 63°C.
- A sharp increase in power usage, from 156 W to 178 W is seen in the RX 6700 XT, owing to a greater clock frequency.
- One of the biggest hits in the world of gaming surprisingly turns the tables in favor of the RTX 3060. The Nvidia GPU actually manages to gain an average of 144 FPS, as opposed to its competitor’s 124 FPS.
- The RTX 3060 sweeps a clean 16.1% superiority in average FPS, marking it as the undisputed winner of this bout.
- Once again, the RTX 3060 manages to run cooler at a temperature of 61°C, than the RX 6700 XT’s 64°C.
- Performance is directly linked to power consumption, and this statement is proved by the RTX 3060 consuming more power this time around, at 137 W to the RX 6700 XT’s 114 W.
Also Read: Radeon RX 6700 XT Vs GeForce RTX 3080
- Regarded as PUBG’s top contender for the battle royale throne in the past, the RX 6700 XT dominates a landslide victory in this massive hit of a game, offering a whopping 167 FPS compared to the RTX 3060’s measly 118 FPS.
- A staggering 42% jump in average FPS displays just how well of a job AMD has done in the manufacturing of its 2021 lineup.
- Temperature-wise, the RX 6700 XT runs a bit hotter at 67°C, when compared to the RTX 3060’s 62°C.
- Eating through the user’s power supply, the RX 6700 XT consumes an absurd 178 W of power, especially when seen in collation with the RTX 3060’s 150 W.
- Stepping into controversial territory, the RX 6700 XT achieves an impressive 86 FPS while the RTX 3060 manages to get by with an average of 71 FPS.
- A marked 21.1% boost in average FPS places the RX 6700 XT one step ahead of Nvidia’s challenger in this title.
- The RX 6700 XT suffers a negligible increase in temperature, from the RTX 3060’s 65°C to 66°C.
- A power-hungry beast in its own right, the RX 6700 XT consumes 177 W of power while the RTX 3060 demands lower at just 170 W.
Call Of Duty Warzone
- One of the few CPU-intensive games on the market, the RX 6700 XT absolutely reigns over the RTX 3060 at this title, sporting an average of 171 FPS over the other’s 129 FPS.
- The RX 6700 XT runs 32.6% faster than the RTX 3060, edging out another phenomenal victory.
- The RTX 3060 operates on lower temperatures at 61°C as opposed to the RX 6700 XT’s 65°C.
- Surprisingly, the RX 6700 XT uses up relatively lesser power at 134 W, when pitted against the RTX 3060’s power consumption of 137 W.
- The ever-popular Battlefield series bows to the RX 6700 XT, granting it an average of 187 FPS against the RTX 3060’s 144 FPS.
- A sizeable 30% hike in average FPS works in the favor of the RX 6700 XT, establishing it as the clear winner in this regard.
- A slightly higher temperature of 64°C is reached by the 6700 XT, against the RTX 3060’s 63°C.
- Consuming 157 W, the RTX 3060 takes the lead from the RX 6700 XT in this segment, as the other card performs comparatively poorly at 163 W.
Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
- The Final test takes place under the flag of Ubisoft’s most successful series, earning the RX 6700 XT another win at an average of 98 FPS to the RTX 3060’s average of 66 FPS.
- A 48.5% increase in average FPS delivers the RX 6700 XT’s most domineering victory in the 1080p section.
- A relatively cool temperature of 59°C implies that the RTX 3060 does not come without its perks, as the other card reaches a temperature of 66°C.
- The RTX 3060 once again comes out on top in this section, consuming only a light 123 W when put against the RX 6700 XT’s larger consumption of 147 W.
Also Read: RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3070 [Full Comparison 2023]
RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3060 Gaming Benchmarks – 1440p
Now that the 1080p tests are out of the way, it’s time to take things up a notch. Tests on 1440p, a sweet spot for gamers, will go a long way in revealing the toughness of the two contenders’ mettle.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Cranking up the resolution to 1440p, this title yields an average of 63 FPS to the RX 6700 XT while providing the RTX 3060 with 52 FPS.
- Performing 21.2% faster than its counterpart, the RX 6700 XT quickly takes the lead in this phase of testing.
- Running slightly hotter than the RTX 3060’s 65°C, the RX 6700 XT attains a temperature of 66°C.
- In the case of power usage, the RX 6700 XT consumes more power at 185 W while the RTX 3060 sustains itself at 170 W.
Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG)
- Reliving the battle-royale experience in crisper detail, the RX 6700 XT accumulates an average of 129 FPS against the RTX 3060’s 103 FPS.
- A 25.2% gain in performance widens the gap between the two contenders, placing the RX 6700 XT further in the lead.
- Analyzing temperatures, the RTX 3060 runs considerably cooler at 65°C when placed against the RX 6700 XT running at 69°C.
- Taking power consumption into account, the RTX 3060 climbs leagues ahead, using up just 169 W of power collated to the RX 6700 XT’s massive consumption of 197 W.
Microsoft Flight Simulator
- The gap between the two GPUs narrows down to just 4 FPS as the RX 6700 XT averages around 50 FPS and the RTX 3060 achieves a mean of 46 FPS.
- An 8.7% increment in average FPS is exhibited by the RX 6700 XT, still managing to stay ahead of the RTX 3060 in this aspect.
- A greater level of temperature stability is realized by the RTX 3060 as it reaches a temperature of 65°C as opposed to the RX 6700 XT’s 66°C.
- The RX 6700 XT ravenously consumes 176 W of power while the RTX 3060 uses up around 166 W.
- Designed to test GPUs to the maximum, this particular title awards 104 FPS to the AMD powerhouse, while the Nvidia competitor manages to scrape a decent 79 FPS.
- A 31.6% spike in average FPS depicts the RX 6700 XT as the superior option in terms of reliability in framerates.
- Shockingly, the RX 6700 XT runs at a lower temperature of 63°C rather than the RTX 3060’s 65°C even while providing better performances.
- Living up to its reputation as a stark power consumer, the RX 6700 XT eats up 180 W of power in contrast to the RTX 3060’s usage of 168 W.
- With the resolution turned up to provide an extensively immersive experience, the RX 6700 XT retakes its top contender spot, securing an average of 125 FPS against the other GPU’s 119 FPS.
- A 5% climb in average FPS in the favor of the RX 6700 XT speaks volumes about its power and efficient manufacturing design.
- The RTX 3060 runs considerably cooler at 64°C than the RX 6700 XT which reaches temperatures around 68°C.
- A slightly higher power usage in the RX 6700 XT is seen this time, consing 168 W compared to the other’s 165 W.
Also Read: RX 5700 XT Vs RTX 3060 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- This massive hit of a game bestows 113 FPS in the favor of the RX 6700 XT this time, while the RTX 3060 ekes out around 83 FPS.
- Nearing its limits, the RX 6700 XT manages to edge out a 36.1% rise in FPS over the RTX 3060.
- The RX 6700 XT hits up an average temperature of 67°C, producing more heat than the RTX 3060 at 64°C.
- The gap in power consumption is substantial this time, as the RX 6700 XT consumes 190 W of power while the RTX 3060 does not go higher than 165 W.
- Struggling to provide a smooth sixty frames-per-second, the RX 6700 XT acquires an average of 57 FPS while the RTX 3060 goes even lower at 45 FPS.
- The RX 6700 XT proffers a noticeable 26.7% increment in average FPS than the RTX 3060.
- Closely tied in temperatures, the RTX 3060 operates at 64°C while the RX 6700 XT reaches 66°C.
- Using up to 190 W of power, the RX 6700 XT once again lags behind the RTX 3060 in terms of TDP, which uses only 171 W of power.
Call Of Duty Warzone
- One of the most well-received titles of 2020 grants an average of 134 FPS to the RX 6700 XT while the RTX 3060 manages to get a comparatively lackluster 96 FPS.
- A 40% boost in FPS is portrayed by the RX 6600 XT over the RTX 3060 in this title.
- Where temperatures are concerned, the RTX 3090 runs marginally cooler at 63°C while the RX 6700 XT reaches up to 66°C.
- Even where power consumption is concerned, the RTX 3060 performs substantially better, using up only 155 W as opposed to the RX 6700 XT’s 169 W.
Also Read: RTX 3060 Vs GTX 1660 Ti [Gaming Benchmarks 2023]
- The RX 6700 once again asserts dominance in this behemoth of a title, swiping 153 frames over the RTX 3060’s 115 FPS.
- An impressive 33% hike in average FPS in favor of the RX 6700 XT demonstrates the cause behind improved performance and playability.
- Temperatures talk, and the RTX 3060 proudly gives a quotation of 64°C as opposed to the RX 6700 XT’s 66°C.
- As usual, the RTX 3060 proves to be more power efficient, consuming 168 W to the RX 6700 XT’s 174 W.
Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
- Ending our 1440p tests in this Viking-themed game, the RX 6700 XT attains 76 FPS, whereas the RTX 3060 struggles to get even a playable 60 frames, hanging around 53 FPS.
- Performing 43.4% better than its archrival, the RX 6700 XT comes out on top as the superior GPU, at least in terms of FPS.
- The RX 6700 XT operates at a considerably higher temperature than the RTX 3060, at 67°C to the other’s 61°C.
- Heading towards the power consumption side of things, the RX 6700 XT eats away at 159 W of power, while the RTX 3060 uses up just 135 W.
RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3060 Gaming Benchmarks – 4K
With the first two series of tests completed and compiled, it is time to take things to full throttle. The GPU-demanding 4K resolution will strain the GPUs to their utmost limits, portraying just how much power the two beasts can eke out.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Pushing the GPUs beyond their boundaries, the RX 6700 XT manages to score 41 FPS, while the RTX 3060 hovers around 34 FPS.
- A 20.6% jump in FPS places the RX 6700 XT a step ahead of the RTX 3060 in the 4K tests.
- Putting temperatures into perspective, the RX 6700 XT reaches a temperature of 68°C while the RTX 3060 stagnates around 65°C.
- The RTX 3060 remains the more power-efficient card, although the gap between usage is larger this time, with the Nvidia GPU operating at 169 W and it’s rival reaching up to 202W.
Player’s Unknown Battleground (PUBG)
- Competitive gamers can still enjoy a lavish 65 FPS on the RX 6700 XT, whereas the RTX 3060 falls short of the industry standard at 52 FPS.
- A clean 25% boost in FPS shows just how well the RX 6700 XT performs in comparison to the RTX 3060, pumping out smoother gameplay and adequate performance.
- A mean temperature of 69°C highlights the RX 6700 XT’s inadequacy to the RTX 3060 in terms of temperature stability, as the other card achieves a lower running temperature of 65°C.
- Ever widening the power gap, the RX 6700 XT uses up more than 202 W of power, while the RTX 3060 stays below the 169 W threshold.
Microsoft Flight Simulator
- This poorly optimized simulator leads the RX 6700 XT to achieve 27 FPS at 4K, while the RTX 3060 acquires 25 FPS, and both GPUs are unable to provide playable framerates.
- An 8% increase in FPS for the RX 6700 XT sounds good on paper, at least, although it does not provide any discernable advantage over the other, as both are barely playable.
- Both GPUs are similarly matched temperature-wise, as the RX 6700 XT reaches a temperature of 67°C while the RTX 3060 yields 66°C.
- Staying around its rated TDP, the RTX 3060 consumes 171 W of power while the RX 6700 XT climbs to 190 W, which is still far below its rated power usage.
Similar Comparisons: RTX 3060 Vs RTX 3070: Is The Difference Worth It?
- Even at 4K resolution, the RX 6700 XT does not fail to deliver a smooth 64 FPS amongst awe-inspiring visuals. The RTX 3060, on the other hand, manages to grab itself a meager average of 45 FPS.
- A startling 42.2% spike in average FPS places the RTX 3060, miles, if not leagues, ahead of its competitor.
- An even more jaw-dropping realization is that the RX 6700 XT actually manages to operate at a lower temperature than the RTX 3060, running at 64°C to the other’s 65°C.
- With that being said, the power consumption yields no surprise as the RX 6700 XT devours 197 W of power while the other eats up its full at just 174 W.
- The RX 6700 XT acquires a decent 71 FPS in this massive open-world title at 4K resolution, while the RTX 3060 still manages to grab a passable 63 FPS.
- A vivid 12% uplift in FPS is seen in the case of the RX 6700 XT, as expected of AMD’s RDNA 2.0 technology.
- However, in the case of temperatures, the RTX 3060 comes out on top, working at 65°C as opposed to the RX 6700 XT’s 68°C.
- Once again, the battle of power usage announces the RTX 3060 as its victor, managing to work at 165 W, where the other card demands 188 W.
- In another battle-royale contender at 4K resolution, the RX 6700 XT scores a clean average of 58 FPS, while the RTX 3060 takes a significant dip, landing at just 44 FPS.
- A sizeable 31.9% buff in average FPS allows the RX 6700 to absolutely demolish its competition and establish it as the victor of this title.
- Things quickly take a turn downhill when the RX 6700 XT heads to the temperature department, operating at 68°C while its rival flaunts a stable 65°C.
- The RX 6700 XT does not fare much better in power consumption, digging up 197 W of power while the RTX 3060 requires just 171 W.
- A buggy title at release, Cyberpunk tests don’t fare well for both GPUs, as the RX 6700 XT struggles to run this title at 28 FPS while the RTX 3060 fails to keep the game playable at 21 FPS.
- The RX 6700 XT holds the upper hand here, exhibiting a 25% higher average FPS than its competition.
- Following the same trend of temperatures, the RTX 3060 reigns supreme, running at 65°C to the other’s 68°C.
- Exuding its dominance in the power consumption segment, the RTX 3060 requires just 170 W of electrical power, while its nemesis takes up a substantial 196 W.
Call Of Duty Warzone
- The RTX 3060 once again concedes defeat to the RX 6700 XT in terms of average FPS, attaining just 56 FPS while its vier scores a clean 75 Frames per second.
- A 38.2% rise in FPS is delivered by the RX 6700 XT, imposing its position once again as the dominant card, at least in FPS.
- A running temperature of 66°C is exhibited by the RTX 3060, while the RX 6700 XT runs hotter at 68°C.
- Stagnating at 170 W, the RTX 3090 stays true to its rated TDP as the RX 6700 XT soars to 182 W.
- Coursing through battlefields, the RX 6700 XT amasses a generous 88 FPS. On the contrary, the RTX 3060’s performance is not half bad at 68 FPS.
- A 20.6% greater average FPS is accumulated by the RX 6700 XT this time around, in 4K resolution.
- A sharp increase in running a temperature is observed this time, as the RX 6700 XT reaches up to 70°C in contrast to the RTX 3060’s 65°C.
- An evident fluctuation in power usage can be perceived, from the RTX 3060 using up 170 W to the RX 6700 XT greedily ravishing 195 W of power.
Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
- Finally ending our series of tests in this Nordic title, the RX 6700 XT manages to score a final average of 45 FPS, while the RTX 3060 also manages to stay above the non-playable threshold at 34 FPS.
- A 32.4% gain in average FPS places the RX 6700 XT several ranks above its competitor amongst all GPUs tested in regards to average FPS.
- Even at the very end, the RTX 3060 remains the cooler GPU, operating at 63°C, while the RX 6700 XT heats up to an average temperature of 67°C.
- Not being a very power-demanding game, AC Valhalla forces the RTX 3060 to consume just 152 W of power, and even the RX 6700 XT uses up just 167 W, indicating the game’s excellent optimization as well as stability.
RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3060: Overall Gaming Performance
Now, let’s compare the average FPS, temperatures, and power consumption of both GPUs on different resolutions. This provides users with clarity and aids them in making the right decision regarding their purchase.
Also Check: RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti: Should You Upgrade? 
After performing rigorous testing in all three FPS categories, namely 1080p, 1440p, and 4K. It’s time to put the final results against each other and see which GPU is the better performer.
- Sparing an average of 132.2 FPS over the 3060’s 107.4 FPS, the RX 6700 XT provides a superior performance across all games tested.
- The RX 6700 XT proves to be 23.1% faster than the RTX 3060.
- Acquiring an average of 100.4 FPS over the RTX 3060’s 79.3 FPS, the RX 6700 XT secures its spot as the better-performing card in the 1440p category.
- The RX 6700 XT is shown to operate 26.6% faster than the RTX 3060.
- Accumulating an average of 56.2 FPS over the RTX 3060’s 44.2, the RX 6700 XT established itself as the sole victor in terms of FPS in all three categories.
- The RX 6700 XT performs 27.1% better than the RTX 3060 in terms of average FPS.
Overheating is a major issue in computers nowadays. As such, the real worth of a GPU is in its ability to keep its temperature stable while maximizing performance. With the results aligned next to each other, it’s time to find out which GPU is superior in this aspect.
- The RTX 3060 operates at slightly cooler temperatures than the RX 6700 XT, proffering an average of 62.8°C as opposed to the other card’s 65.1°C.
- A barely noticeable 3.59% increase in temperature efficiency is portrayed by the RTX 3060 when compared to AMD’s RX 6700 XT.
- The RX 6700 XT runs marginally hotter at 66.5°C, whereas the RTX 3060 operates at about 64°C.
- The RTX 3060 manages to run 3.9% cooler than the RX 6700 XT.
- The RTX 3060 operates at a mean temperature of 64.9°C when collated with the RX 6700 XT’s average temperature of 67.8°C.
- Maintaining its temperature stability, the RTX 3060 operates at 4.5% lower temperatures than the AMD powerhouse.
Keeping rising inflation in mind, the ability of a GPU to run on low power while maintaining a high performance-per-watt is equally crucial in determining its value. With the findings of the test in order, it’s time to find out which GPU prevails in this segment.
- As far as power consumption is concerned, the RTX 3060 once again scores a narrow victory, maintaining an average of 153.8 W among all tests compared to the RX 6700 XT’s 161.7 W.
- A respectable 5.1% increment in power efficiency tilts in favor of the RX 6700 XT, speaking volumes about the efficiency of Nvidia’s power design.
- The RX 6700 XT ravenously chomps down 178.8 W of power, while the RTX 3060 takes up around 163.2 W on average.
- A 9.12% rise in power consumption in the RX 6700 XT points towards the RTX 3060 as the better option, at least in terms of power efficiency.
- Once again, the RX 6700 XT does not hesitate to consume a sizeable amount of power at around 191.6 W as opposed to the RTX 3060‘s much better average of 168.1 W.
- Following an increasing trend, A 13% higher power efficiency is observed in the case of the RTX 3060, owing to its lower clock speeds.
Pricing And Availability
At the time of its launch, the RX 6700 XT came out under the price tag of $479, providing great framerates with considerable value for money. It is still available at Amazon amongst a wide variety of retailers at a price of around $400, while on NewEgg, you could possibly get one for as low as $359.
Alternatively, the RTX 3060 cost around $379 at its time of release, dishing out massive bang for its buck. With the recent silicon chip shortage, you could potentially grab one for as low as $329 at NewEgg, or you could go for the slightly higher $359 on Amazon.
RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3060: Which One Should You Get?
The RX 6700 XT is definitely the dominant GPU in terms of FPS, as such, it is a must-have for all the competitive gamers out there.
The RTX 3060, on the other hand, is much better at maintaining stable temperatures on top of it being a relatively power-efficient card. It’s a logical choice for casual gamers who want to chill and indulge in immersive titles without worrying about temperature or playtime.
In the end, it all depends on personal preference. Now that even their prices are pretty much the same, it’s high time for all kinds of budget gamers out there to get their hands on these two untamed beauties, holding an alluring charm despite being two years of age.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔