This article thoroughly compares the RX 6700 XT vs RTX 3070 Ti, engineered to deliver ultra-high frame rates, which gives you the power you need to rip through the most demanding games to let you decide the better GPU for today’s gamers.
- The RTX 3070 Ti runs 15% faster than the RX 6700 XT in 1080p resolution but comes down to 5% while running on 1440p.
- In 1080p, the RX 6700 XT runs 13% cooler than the RTX 3070 Ti, and the difference increases to 16% while performing in 1440p.
- The RX 6700 XT consumes 33% less power than the RTX 3070 Ti in 1080p and 40% less power in 1440p.
|Name||AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti|
|Node||TSMC 7nm||Samsung 8nm|
|Core Clock||2321 MHz||1575 MHz|
|Base Clock||2581 MHz||1770 MHz|
|Memory||12 GB GDDR6||8 GB GDDR6X|
|Memory Clock||16 Gbps||19 Gbps|
|Memory Bandwidth||384 GB/s||608.3 GB/s|
|Transistors||17.2 billion||17.4 billion|
|Power Connector||1 x 12 pin||1 x 12 pin|
|Launch Year||March 18, 2021||May 31st, 2021|
|Best Variants||Best RX 6700 XT||Best RTX 3070 Ti|
RX 6700 XT
The RX 6700 XT, an AMD graphics card, was introduced to the world on Mar 3rd, 2021. It is built with the RDNA 2 architecture and is intended to enable 1440p high-performance gaming. The RX 6700 XT possesses a process size of 7nm, has 12GB of GDDR6 memory, and can boost clocks up to 2581MHz while maintaining a base clock of 1941MHz.
Also Read: RTX 4070 Vs RX 6700 XT
With as low TDP as 230W and a suggested PSU of 550W, this card has no doubt proved to be a low-power-consuming card while providing gamers with an excellent gaming experience at the same time as well.
RTX 3070 Ti
The RTX 3070 Ti, on the other hand, was released by NVIDIA on May 31st, 2021. The Ti version of the RTX 3070 performs better in demanding tasks like 4K gaming and video editing because it has more CUDA cores and faster memory than the RTX 3070 version.
An 8nm of process size and 8GB of memory has helped the RTX 3070 Ti to boost at a base speed of 1575MHz and boost clock of 1770MHz, hence giving healthy competition to any card out there in terms of performance. The RTX 3070 Ti has a TDP of 290W. Therefore, a PSU of 600W is suggested to run this card.
RTX 3070 Ti Vs RX 6700 XT: Benchmark Test At 1080p
Now let’s start the detailed comparison between these famous cards, where they will be set side by side on different heavy and ultra graphic games on 1080p to let you decide what’s better for you.
- Case: DeepCool MATREXX 70
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
- Ram: G Skill Trident Z Neo 6000Mhz 32gb CL30
- Motherboard: ASrock X670E Taichi
- CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX L360 V2 360mm RGB
- SSD: NVMe m2 Samsung evo 970 plus 256gb
- GPU 1: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT 12G
- GPU 2: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Ti AMP Holo
Note: The benchmark tests are conducted by software, and external factors like room temperature, background applications, etcetera, go along with these tests. Therefore, the results produced by these tests may vary from system to system.
Now, without any further due, let’s dive into RX 6700 XT vs RTX 3070 Ti benchmarks.
Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0
- Let’s begin with our first game, the famous battleground arena, COD Warzone. The RTX 3070 Ti stands out with an average of 136 FPS compared to RX 6700 XT (133 FPS).
- At low 1% low score of 89 FPS, the RTX 3070 Ti leads ahead of RX 6700 XT, which scored 75 FPS.
- Finally, RX 6700 XT has the edge over RTX 3070 Ti in this area, consuming 165W, while RTX 3070 Ti consumes a staggering 229.5W.
- Speaking of temperatures, RX 6700 XT takes a cool win with 54°C being lower than the RTX 3070 Ti’s 62°C.
Also Check: RTX 3070 Ti vs RTX 2080 Ti
- Advancing to the legendary adventure game, RX 6700 XT claims a straight win with 153 FPS in contrast with RTX 3070 Ti’s 135 FPS.
- 139 FPS at low 1% is what RX 6700 XT has secured to be highlighted, leaving behind RTX 3070 Ti’s 118 FPS.
- Now testing the temperatures, RX 6700 XT’s 53°C has once again proved to be cooler than RTX 3070 Ti’s 62°C.
- Without a doubt, in terms of power consumption, there’s a huge difference with RTX 3070 Ti consuming 228.1W while the RX 6700 XT requires only 156W.
Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
- The RTX 3070 Ti has proved to be fitter than the RX 6700 XT, providing an average FPS of 158 while facing an Avg of 145 FPS.
- FPS at low 1% is in favor of RTX 3070 Ti as well, dispensing 98FPS, whereas RX 6700 XT has managed to acquire 90FPS.
- It looks like RX 6700 XT won’t let RTX 3070 Ti win in any game. As far as power consumption is concerned, RX 6700 XT consumes only 159W as opposed to RTX 3070 Ti’s enormous 239.4W of power consumption.
- While running Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, RX 6700 XT and RTX 3070 Ti emit temperatures of 51°C and 62°C, respectively.
Also Read: RX 6700 XT Vs RX 6750 XT
God Of War
- In this famous action game, God Of War, the RTX 3070 Ti has outclassed RX 6700 XT with figures of 163 Avg FPS as opposed to an Avg of 136 FPS by the RX 6700 XT.
- Surprisingly, RX 6700 XT runs better than RTX 3070 Ti at low 1%, reaching 121 FPS, while RTX 3070 could only get 109 FPS.
- With its more efficient cooling system, RX 6700 XT has gained an advantage over RTX 3070 Ti, giving off only 54°C, which is relatively cooler than RTX 3070 Ti’s 65°C.
- The RTX 3070 Ti consumes a staggering 289W of power, and at the same time, RX 6700 XT takes up only 171W in this game.
- The RTX 3070 Ti has overshadowed RX 6700 XT, obtaining an Avg FPS of 202; however, RX 6700 XT received 185 FPS on Avg.
- If we see 1% lows, RTX 3070 Ti is slightly ahead with 159 FPS when faced off against RX 6700 XT’s 151 FPS.
- Comparatively, the RTX 3070 Ti heats up to 65°C while RX 6700 XT, thanks to its advanced cooling technology, cools down to 55°C.
- An immense amount of power (289.3W) is required to run this game on RTX 3070 Ti and just 184W if it is to be run by RX 6700 XT.
Also Read: RTX 4070 Ti Vs RTX 3070 Ti
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Progressing to Red Dead Redemption 2, RTX 3070 Ti functions smoother with 148 Avg FPS compared to RX 6070 XT’s 138 FPS.
- Not with much difference, RTX 3070 Ti presides over RX 6700 XT at low 1% by 110 FPS while RX 6700 XT catches up with 101 FPS.
- If we discuss the temperatures of both cards, RX 6700 XT runs smoothly at 52°C, but RTX 3070 reaches up to 62°C.
- As usual, RX 6700 XT takes much less power than RTX 3070 Ti; 159W when opposed to RTX 3070 Ti’s 246.1W.
Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
- Our last game at 1080p, the RX 6700 XT outskirts RTX 3070 Ti by the barest of margins, showing off 116 Avg FPS in contrast to RTX 3070 Ti’s 115 FPS.
- At low 1%, too, RX 6700 XT gives off a better experience of 81 FPS while RTX 3070 Ti runs at 77 FPS.
- Both the RTX 3070 Ti and the RX 6700 XT rise up to temperatures of 62°C and 53°C, respectively, while running Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla.
- The power consumption of RX 6700 XT (153W) is quite less relative to RTX 3070 Ti’s 225.3W.
RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3070 Ti: Benchmark Test At 1440p
After 1080p, let’s move on and bring the two GPUs to the comparison in reality after comparing them generally. It’s time to find out if both GPUs live up to their hype and features by testing them both at 1440p, a comfort zone for today’s gamers. The test rig is the same as for the 1080p benchmark test.
Also Read: AMD RX 6700 XT Vs Nvidia RTX 3060
Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0
- On 1440p, the RTX 3070 Ti continues to impress in terms of better FPS, providing 96 FPS, just outperforming the RX 6700 XT, which managed to climb up to 93 FPS.
- If we consider the FPS at low 1%, the RX 6700 XT has been comprehensively defeated by RTX 3070 Ti, on scores of 53 FPS to 71 FPS.
- The low-power-friendly graphic card, the RX 6700 XT disgests only 179W when compared to RTX 3070 Ti’s 261.5W.
- 55°C is the temperature that the RX 6700 XT runs perfectly on while running COD warzone on 1440p, but again, RTX 3070 Ti heats up to 64°C in this game.
- Talking of thieves, the RX 6700 XT has just stolen the top position of having a better and smoother experience with 99 FPS than RTX 3070 Ti’s 91 FPS.
- 6 FPS isn’t that much of a lead but still favors the RX 6700 XT with an outcome of 89 FPS at low 1%, which is noticeably higher than RTX 3070 Ti’s 83 FPS.
- Heading towards power consumption, the RX 6700 XT takes up only 166W while RTX 3070 Ti devours 238.2W.
- Be it 1080p or 1440p, heating up has always been an issue for RTX 3070 Ti because of its heavy frame rates, rising up 63°C while facing off the RX 6700 XT’s 54°C in this very game.
Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
- It’s time to take on Spider-Man Remastered on 1440p; a decent victory belongs to RTX 3070 Ti which gained an average of 125 FPS while opposing RX 6700 XT’s average of 110 FPS.
- FPS of both cards at low 1% were compared, and RTX 3070 Ti proved to be successful here as well, maintaining 84 FPS to RX 6700 XT’s 77 FPS.
- The recorded temperatures of the RTX 3070 Ti and the RX 6700 XT on 1440p were 64°C and 54°C, respectively.
- An enormous 272.5W of power is craved by RTX 3070 Ti, contrary to a low of 179W required by the RX 6700 XT.
Also Check: RX 6800 XT Vs RTX 3070 Ti
God Of War
- RTX 3070 Ti completed this pursuit faster while clashing head-to-head with the RX 6700 XT, gaining an average of 126 FPS. On the other hand, RX 6700 XT was limited to 109 FPS.
- However, the RX 6700 XT has the upper hand over RTX 3070 Ti at low 1%, gaining 98 FPS, levels above RTX 3070 Ti’s 90 FPS.
- To play this game, the RTX 3070 Ti requires an immense amount of power by consuming 291.8W, and without a surprise, the RX 6700 XT demands as low as 182W.
- Moving on to temperatures, the RX 6700 XT is 10°C cooler than the RTX 3070 Ti having values of 56°C and 66°C.
- Stealth is everything, just as RTX 3070 Ti has secretly won the battle of average FPS against the RX 6700 XT, acquiring 116 FPS to 121 FPS, respectively.
- FPS of both cards at low 1% seems to be a close match as well; 104 FPS is what RTX 3070 Ti secured just behind the score of 100 FPS by the RX 6700 XT.
- With almost the same difference as the previous game, 195W and 287.2W are the power consumed by the RX 6700 XT and RTX 3070 Ti.
- Like God Of War, the RX 6700 XT maintains an average of 56°C, to which RTX 3070 Ti heats up to 65°C, making it 15% hotter than the RX 6700 XT.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- With Avg FPS of 103, RTX 3070 Ti has emerged victorious again, leaving behind the RX 6700 XT at 99 FPS at Avg.
- At low 1%, the RTX 3070 Ti is just 1.2% faster than RX 6700 XT, with figures of 80 FPS and 79 FPS.
- RX 6700 XT cools to 54°C when faced with RTX 3070 Ti’s 65°C.
- The recorded power consumption of both cards was 175W by RX 6700 XT and 269.7W by RTX 3070 Ti, making RX 6700 XT 40% less power-consuming than RTX 3070 Ti.
Also Read: RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3060 Ti
Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
- Last but not least, on Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, the RTX 3070 Ti clears an edge over RX 6700 XT in terms of performance, showcasing an Avg FPS of 87 while the RX 6700 XT reached 84 FPS on average.
- Well, RTX 3070 Ti has been unable to uphold its performance at a low 1% and has scored 61 FPS, and RX 6700 XT was just 4 levels above which is, 65 FPS.
- The temperature of RX 6700 XT reaches not more than 54°C while RTX 3070 Ti’s went up to 63°C, making it a more heat emitting card once again.
- With a much heavy functioning card, RTX 3070 Ti consumed about 247W in this demanding game, but RX 6700 XT only consumes 166W, hence relatively much lower than RTX 3070 Ti.
Overall Gaming Analysis
One of the most crucial factors in assessing whether a GPU can keep up with the ever-increasing demands of modern games today is precisely the Average FPS. Let’s take a look at the results of our RX 6700 XT vs RTX 3070 Ti gaming benchmarks.
- The RX 6700 XT was determined to have an average frame rate of 143 FPS following extensive testing across several different titles, while the RTX 3070 Ti nearly proved its win with a higher average of 151 FPS.
- The RTX 3070 Ti outperformed the RX 6700 XT by the slimmest of margins when it came to 1% lows, with an average frame rate of 108.28 compared to its rival’s 108.57.
- Overall, the RTX 3070 Ti has got the better of the RX 6700 XT in this regard, boasting a 15% increase in average frame rates.
- If we compare these two on 1440p, the RTX 3070 Ti nearly emerged victorious with a higher average of 107 FPS, while the RX 6700 XT was found to have an average frame rate of 101 FPS.
- When it comes to 1% lows, the RTX 3070 Ti performed better than the RX 6700 XT, with an average frame rate of 81 compared to its competitor’s 80.
- Overall, with a 5% increase in average frame rates, the RTX 3070 Ti has outperformed the RX 6700 XT in this aspect.
Also Read: RTX 3060 Ti vs RTX 3070 Ti
Another significant challenge to take into account when determining a GPU’s durability and performance stability is temperature.
- In this perspective, the Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti maintained a lower temperature of 62°C while the AMD RX 6700 XT displayed a mean temperature of 53°C.
- The RX 6700 XT establishes itself as the winner in this comparison by running 15% cooler on average than the RTX 3070 Ti.
- On 1440p, the RX 6700 XT is yet again ahead of RTX 3070 Ti, reaching up to only 54°C while compared to RTX 3070 Ti’s 64°C.
- Hence, RX 6700 XT cools down to 16% while running on 1440p.
The power consumption of a modern GPU is yet another important matter to take into account. This is extremely necessary to assess if the system needs an additional power source and to calculate the ongoing costs associated with the electricity it receives.
- Throughout the list of games mentioned above, the RTX 3070 Ti used 248 Watts on average, whereas the RX 6700 XT took up only 163 Watts on average.
- According to testing, the RX 6700 outperformed the RTX 3070 Ti by 45% in terms of power efficiency.
- Moving up to 1440p, it was observed that, The RX 6700 XT consumed only 177 Watts on average, compared to the RTX 3070 Ti’s average consumption of 266 Watts.
- Testing revealed that the RX 6700 performed 40% better in terms of power efficiency on a 1440p platform than the RTX 3070 Ti.
Pricing And Availability
- At the time of its release a couple of years ago in 2021, RX 6700 XT’s base price was $479. Nowadays, it ranges from $349 to $957 depending on its various features, and it is available in ample quantity throughout online shopping websites.
- On the other hand, RTX 3070 Ti was $599, comparatively much higher than RX 6700 XT at the time of its release in 2021. Today, we can it is being available on shopping platforms from $519 to $984 with little quantity available.
Which One Should You Go For?
The RTX 3070 Ti has better performance, visuals, and speed at a higher price level. Still, it gets high temperatures in every game and consumes high power. Hence, if performance is the priority for the buyer, then the RTX 3070 Ti is their go-to option.
The RX 6700 XT, on the other hand, performs effectively as well while being a power-efficient and relatively cooler card when compared to the RTX 3070 Ti. All of this is enclosed in a fairly reasonable price tag, making it the best choice for people on a tight budget.
In any case, we hope that our RX 6700 XT vs RTX 3070 Ti comparison will help you choose the right GPU for your rig.
The RX 6700 XT runs relatively cooler than the RTX 3070 Ti in all resolutions since it consumes less power.
Both the RTX 3070 Ti and RX 6700 XT support Ray Tracing abilities. However, the RTX 3070 Ti is better at handling Ray Tracing, especially at higher resolutions.
The RTX 3070 Ti comes with a TDP of 290W and requires a PSU of 550 W, Whereas the RX 6700 XT acquires 230W and demands a PSU of 600 W.
More From RX 6700 XT
More From RTX 3070 Ti
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔