In our previous analysis, the RTX 4070 showcased its exceptional performance, overshadowing the RX 6800. Now, we will focus on the latest from AMD, specifically the RX 7600 vs RTX 2060 Super, which was once NVIDIA’s budget king in the previous generation.
- Firstly, it’s important to note that the GeForce RTX 2060 Super is built on the advanced Turing architecture, while the RX 7600 leverages the newer RDNA 3.0 architecture.
- Furthermore, extensive testing reveals that the RX 7600 delivers a remarkable 16.1% increase in average FPS over the RTX 2060 Super, solidifying its position as the superior performer in terms of gaming capabilities.
- Finally, in terms of thermal performance, the RX 7600 proves to be the frontrunner, boasting a 6% advantage in thermal efficiency over the RTX 2060 Super.
|Technical Specs||Radeon RX 7600||GeForce RTX 2060 Super|
|GPU Name||Navi 33||TU106|
|Transistors||13,300 million||10,800 million|
|Base Clock||1720 MHz||1470 MHz|
|Boost Clock||2655 MHz||1650 MHz|
|L1 Cache||128 KB (per SM)||64 KB (per SM)|
|L2 Cache||2 MB||4 MB|
|Memory Bus Width||128 bit||256 bit|
|Memory Bandwidth||288.0 GB/s||448.0 GB/s|
|Release Date||May 24th, 2023||Jul 9th, 2019|
|Approximate Price||269 USD||250 USD|
|Best Variants||Best RX 7600 Graphics Cards||–|
- Process Node: Starting off, the Radeon RX 7600 features a 6nm process size, while the RTX 2060 Super utilizes a 12nm process.
- Clock Speed: Moreover, the RX 7600 showcases higher clock speeds of 1720 MHz base and 2655 MHz boost, surpassing the RTX 2060 Super’s 1470 MHz base and 1650 MHz boost frequencies.
- VRAM: Furthermore, both the RX 7600 and RTX 2060 Super are equipped with 8GB of GDDR6 VRAM, providing ample memory capacity for demanding gaming and graphics-intensive tasks.
- TDP: Additionally, the RX 7600 stands out with a lower TDP of 165W, offering better power efficiency compared to the RTX 2060 Super, with its slightly higher TDP of 175W.
- Supported Technologies: In conclusion, the RTX 2060 Super utilizes DLSS technology for upscaling, while the RX 7600 relies on FSR technology to achieve similar results.
Similar Comparisons: Radeon RX 7600 Vs RX 6700
RX 7600 Vs RTX 2060 Super: Gaming Benchmarks
Now that we have our technical analysis complete, it’s time to dive into the real-world performance of the RTX 2060 Super and RX 7600, comparing their gaming prowess and overall user experience.
Here are the specs of the testing rig:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
- CPU Cooler: Lian Li GALAHAD AIO 360
- Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600
- Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 850W
- SSD: SAMSUNG 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 1TB
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Furthermore, we thoroughly tested the RTX 2060 Super and RX 7600 under demanding 1440p ultra settings, analyzing FPS, temperature, power consumption, and 1% lows. Our aim is to provide a comprehensive comparison of these graphics cards’ gaming capabilities.
Note: Keep in mind that external factors like temperature, system setup, and background processes can influence benchmark tests. These variables can impact the results obtained, so it’s important to consider them when interpreting the data.
Without further ado, let’s jump into the gaming benchmarks and compare the performance of the RX 7600 and RTX 2060 Super.
- On the forefront of performance, the RX 7600 starts strong with an impressive average FPS of 48, surpassing the RTX 2060 Super’s 42 FPS by a significant margin of 13.3%, showcasing its gaming prowess.
- Furthermore, when it comes to thermal performance, the RX 7600 shines with an average of 62°C, surpassing the RTX 2060 Super’s 68°C by an impressive margin of 9.2%, ensuring optimal cooling during intense gaming sessions.
- Moreover, regarding 0.1% lows, the RX 7600 outshines the RTX 2060 Super with an average of 39 FPS, presenting a substantial 43.7% difference compared to the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 25 FPS.
- In addition, regarding 1% lows, the RX 7600 showcases its superiority with an average of 41 FPS, presenting a substantial 37.6% difference compared to the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 28 FPS.
Similar Comparisons: RX 7600 Vs RTX 3060
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Transitioning into the realm of frame rates, the RX 7600 takes a commanding lead with an average of 62 FPS vs 46 FPS, leaving the RTX 2060 Super with a difference of 29.6%, solidifying its position.
- Moreover, the RX 7600 stands out with its superior cooling capabilities, maintaining 65°C on average, granting it a significant 7.4% advantage over the RTX 2060 Super’s average temperature of 70°C.
- Furthermore, in the realm of 0.1% lows, the RX 7600 showcases its superiority with an average of 43 FPS, demonstrating an impressive 45.7% increase over the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 27 FPS.
- In addition, in terms of 1% lows, the RX 7600 stands out with an average of 52 FPS, exhibiting a commendable 36.3% improvement over the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 36 FPS, delivering enhanced frame rate stability.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Shifting our focus to benchmark results, the RX 7600 maintains its superiority with an average FPS of 57, overshadowing the RTX 2060 Super’s 51 FPS by a notable difference of 11.1%.
- Additionally, the RX 7600 excels in thermal management, registering an average of 65°C, giving it an 8.8% edge over the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 71°C, providing gamers with a cooler and more stable gaming experience.
- Moreover, in terms of 0.1% lows, the RX 7600 takes the lead with an average of 47 FPS, surpassing the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 28 FPS by a significant 50.6%, resulting in improved frame rate consistency.
- Furthermore, in the realm of 1% lows, the RX 7600 takes the lead with an average of 47 FPS, surpassing the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 43 FPS by a notable 8.8%, ensuring smoother and more consistent gaming.
Watch Dogs Legion
- As we dive deeper into performance analysis, the RX 7600 continues to impress with an average FPS of 63, outshining the RTX 2060 Super’s 52 FPS by a substantial difference of 19.1%.
- In addition, when it comes to keeping things cool, the RX 7600 shines with an average of 65°C, surpassing the RTX 2060 Super’s 67°C by a marginal difference of 3%, contributing to enhanced thermal management.
- Moreover, when going over 0.1% lows, the RX 7600 showcases its dominance with an average of 57 FPS, offering an impressive 81.4% advantage over the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 24 FPS, ensuring smoother gameplay.
- Furthermore, regarding 1% lows, the RX 7600 demonstrates its dominance with an average of 58 FPS, showcasing an impressive 57.7% advantage over the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 32 FPS.
Also Read: Radeon RX 7600 Vs RX 6700
Horizon Zero Dawn
- In the realm of frame rates, the RX 7600 showcases its strength with an average FPS of 77, edging out the RTX 2060 Super’s 70 FPS by a noteworthy difference of 9.5%.
- Moreover, in the domain of temperature control, the RX 7600 maintains its composure with an average of 64°C, boasting a slight 1.5% advantage over the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 65°C, providing effective heat dissipation.
- Additionally, when it comes to 0.1% lows, the RX 7600 demonstrates its prowess with an average of 69 FPS, surpassing the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 28 FPS by a substantial 84.5%.
- Furthermore, in terms of 1% lows, the RX 7600 excels with an average of 71 FPS, exhibiting a notable 15.1% improvement over the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 61 FPS, ensuring an exceptional gaming experience.
Overall Gaming Performance
When examining the overall gaming performance, it is important to delve into specific benchmarks and metrics. Let’s take a closer look at the performance of the RX 7600 and RTX 2060 Super in key gaming aspects such as average FPS
- Starting off, our extensive benchmark analysis confirms the dominance of the RX 7600 over the RTX 2060 Super, showcasing its performance in terms of average FPS, 0.1%, and 1% lows across a wide variety of games and settings.
- Moreover, the RX 7600 outshines the RTX 2060 Super in terms of average FPS, achieving 61.4 FPS compared to the latter’s 52.2 FPS. This substantial 16.1% performance advantage creates a smoother experience.
- Furthermore, the RX 7600 exhibits outstanding performance in 0.1% lows, achieving an impressive average of 53.8 FPS. In comparison, the RTX 2060 Super falls short with an average of 48 FPS, creating a 63.5% disparity.
- In addition, the RX 7600 offers exceptional 1% low performance, boasting an average of 51 FPS. In contrast, the RTX 2060 Super lags behind significantly with an average of 26.4 FPS, showcasing a substantial 29.4% difference.
Also Read: RTX 2060 Super vs RTX 3060
Average Thermal Statistics
Moving on to the average thermal statistics, we examine the temperatures recorded during our testing of the RX 7600 and RTX 2060 Super. We can gain insights into their thermal efficiency by assessing their heat dissipation capabilities.
- In terms of thermal performance, our tests reveal that the RX 7600 maintains a cooler operating temperature compared to the RTX 2060 Super. This indicates that the RX 7600 has better thermal efficiency.
- Additionally, in our thermal analysis, the RX 7600 demonstrated superior cooling capabilities with an average temperature of 64.2°C, showcasing a notable 4°C advantage over the RTX 2060 Super’s average of 68.2°C.
- In addition to its impressive performance, the RX 7600 also demonstrates superior thermal efficiency, surpassing the RTX 2060 Super by 6%.
Pricing And Availability
In our comprehensive analysis of the RTX 2060 Super and RX 7600, we paid careful attention to the critical factors of pricing and availability. As anticipated for graphics cards from renowned manufacturers like NVIDIA and AMD, both options carried substantial price points.
After conducting an extensive market analysis across popular retailers such as Newegg and MSRP, we discovered that the average price of the RTX 2060 Super was approximately $250. On the other hand, the RX 7600 commanded a slightly higher price, averaging around $269.
It is worth noting that the RX 7600 came with a higher price of approximately 7.3% than the RTX 2060 Super. But it’s important to remember that prices fluctuate due to various factors, including supply and demand dynamics, promotions, and regional variations. Therefore, staying updated on the latest pricing information is advisable when considering these graphics cards for purchase.
RTX 2060 Super Vs RX 7600: Which One To Buy?
- Despite the budget-friendly price and 7.3% cost reduction of the RTX 2060 Super, it falls short in terms of performance, with a significantly 16.1% lower average FPS compared to the RX 7600.
- Furthermore, the RX 7600 demonstrates exceptional thermal efficiency, consistently maintaining an average temperature 6% lower than the RTX 2060 Super.
- In summary, despite the RTX 2060 Super’s competitive price, the RX 7600 outshines it across all benchmark metrics, establishing itself as a compelling and superior choice for gamers seeking exceptional performance.
Pros And Cons
|GeForce RTX 2060 Super||
|Radeon RX 7600||
If you’re facing a dilemma between the RTX 2060 Super and RX 7600, it’s important to remember that there are alternative choices available. In addition to our thorough comparison of the two mentioned GPUs, we also provide detailed evaluations of the GTX 1060 vs RTX 2060.
By delving into their technical specifications and performance benchmarks across a range of modern games, our assessments offer a comprehensive understanding of these GPUs, assisting you in making an informed decision.
The RX 7600 demonstrates superior gaming performance, providing a 16.1% higher average FPS than the RTX 2060 Super.
The RTX 2060 Super typically comes at a 7.1% lower price, offering better value for budget-conscious gamers than the RX 7600.
The RX 7600 exhibits better thermal efficiency, offering a 6% cooler gaming experience than the RTX 2060 Super.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔