The Intel core i7-13700K and AMD Ryzen 9 7900X are advanced processors with the most recent innovations and improved features. The performance of both processors in productivity tests and games is highly rated. This guide will help you weigh the core i7-13700K vs. Ryzen 9 7900X and determine which would be better for you.
- There are 12 cores and 24 threads in the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X and 12 cores and 20 threads in the Intel core i7-13700K.
- The AMD Ryzen 9 7900X has a slightly higher base and turbo clock for faster operating than the Intel Core i7-13700K.
- In productivity tests, Intel i7-13700K performs better in encryption, x264 video encoding, and Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
- The overall gaming performance of core i7-13700K and R9 7900X is nearly identical at 1080p, but Ryzen 9 7900X performs better at 1440p.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
The Ryzen 9 7900X was released by AMD on 27 September 2022 with the following specifications.
- Architecture: Zen 4
- CPU Socket: AM5
- Former Codename: Raphael AM5
- Num of CPU Cores: 12
- Multithreading (SMT): Yes
- Num of Threads: 24
- Base Clock: 4.7GHz
- Max. Boost Clock: Up to 5.6GHz
- CPU Boost Technology: Precision Boost 2
- Unlocked for Overclocking: Yes
- AMD EXPO Memory Overclocking Technology: Yes
- Package Die Count: 3
- CPU Compute Die (CCD) Size: 71mm²
- I/O Die (IOD) Size: 122mm²
- Default Thermal Design Power: 170W
- Maximum Operating Temperature (Tjmax): 95°C
- Thermal Solution (PIB): Not included
- Instruction Set: x86-64
- Supported Extensions: AES, AMD-V, AVX, AVX2, AVX512, FMA3, MMX(+), SHA, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, SSSE3, x86-64
- Native SATA Ports: 0
- Native PCIe Lanes (Total/Usable): 28/24
- USB Type-C Support: Yes
- USB 2.0 (480 Mbps) Ports: 1
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) Ports: 0
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) Ports: 4
- Supporting Chipsets (Read Motherboards For Ryzen 9 7900x)
- Operating System Support
- Windows 11 – 64-Bit Edition
- Windows 10 – 64-Bit Edition
- RHEL x86 64-Bit
- Ubuntu x86 64-Bit
- System Memory Type: DDR5
- Memory Subtype: UDIMM
- NVMe Support: Boot, RAID0, RAID1, RAID10
- Total Memory Channels: 2
- Memory Capacity: 128GB
- L1 Cache: 768KB
- L2 Cache: 12MB
- L3 Cache: 64MB
- Maximum Memory Speed:
- 2x1R DDR5-5200 MT/s
- 2x2R DDR5-5200 MT/s
- 4x1R DDR5-3600 MT/s
- 4x2R DDR5-3600 MT/s
- ECC Support: Yes (Requires mobo support)
- Integrated Graphics: Yes
- Graphics Model: AMD Radeon Graphics
- Graphics Core Count: 2
- Graphics Frequency: 2200 MHz
- GPU Base: 400 MHz
- USB Type-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode: Yes
- Processor Technology for CPU Cores: TSMC 5nm FinFET
- Processor Technology for I/O Die: TSMC 6nm FinFET
- AMD EXPO Technology: Yes
- AMD Ryzen Technologies: Yes
- Precision Boost Overdrive: Yes
- Curve Optimizer Voltage Offsets: Yes
- AMD Ryzen Master Support: Yes
Intel Core i7-13700K
Intel introduced the core i7-13700K in September 2022 with the following features.
- Architecture: Intel Raptor Lake
- CPU Socket: FCLGA1700
- Former Codename: Raptor Lake
- Lithography: Intel 7
- Total Cores: 16
- No. Of Performance-cores: 8
- No. Of Efficient-cores: 8
- Total Threads: 24
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology: Yes
- Performance-core Base Frequency: 3.40 GHz
- Efficient-core Base Frequency: 2.50 GHz
- Performance-core Max Turbo Frequency: 5.30 GHz
- Efficient-core Max Turbo Frequency: 4.20 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency: 5.40 GHz
- Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Frequency: 5.40 GHz
- Unlocked for Overclocking: Yes
- Direct Media Interface (DMI) Revision: 4.0
- Total DMI Lanes: 8
- Scalability: 1S Only
- PCI Express Revision: 5.0 and 4.0
- Total PCI Express Lanes: 20
- PCI Express Configurations: Up to 1×16+4, 2×8+4
- Maximum Operating Temperature (Tjmax): 100°C
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies: Yes
- Processor Base Power: 125 W
- Maximum Turbo Power: 253 W
- Instruction Set: 64-bit
- Instruction Set Extensions: Intel SSE4.1, Intel SSE4.2, Intel AVX2
- Supporting Chipsets: BEST Motherboards For Intel Core i7-13700K
- Memory Type: Support DDR5 and DDR4
- Max Memory Size: 128GB
- Max no. of Memory Channels: 2
- Memory Speed:
- Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s
- Up to DDR4 3200 MT/s
- Max Memory Bandwidth: 89.6 GB/s
- Cache: 30MB Intel Smart Cache
- Total L2 Cache: 24MB
- ECC Memory Supported: Yes
- Integrated Graphics: Yes
- Graphics Model: Intel® UHD Graphics 770
- Multi-Format Codec Engines: 2
- Execution Units: 32
- Graphics Base Frequency: 300 MHz
- Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency: 1.60 GHz
- Graphics Output: eDP 1.4b, DP 1.4a, HDMI 2.1
- Max Resolution (HDMI): 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- Max Resolution (DP): 7680 x 4320 @ 60Hz
- Max Resolution (eDP – Integrated Flat Panel): 5120 x 3200 @ 120Hz
- Intel Clear Video HD Technology: Yes
- Intel Quick Sync Video: Yes
- Processor Technology for CPU Cores: TSMC 10nm FinFET
- Intel Gaussian & Neural Accelerator: 3.0
- Intel Thread Director: Yes
- Idle States: Yes
- Intel Deep Learning Boost (Intel DL Boost): Yes
- Intel Speed Shift Technology: Yes
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology: Yes
- Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0: Yes
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology: 2.0
- Intel Volume Management Device (VMD): Yes
13700K Vs. 7900X
|Feature||Intel Core i7-13700K||AMD Ryzen 9 5900X|
|Architecture||Raptor Lake (Hybrid Architecture)||Zen 4 (Normal Architecture)|
|Socket||FCLGA1700||AM5 (LGA 1718)|
|Cores||Total cores: 16|
|Total cores: 12
No core division
|Cores Technology||TSMC 10nm FinFET||TSMC 5nm FinFET|
|I/O Die Size||257 mm²||122mm²|
|Base Clock||P-core: 3.40 GHz|
E-core: 2.50 GHz
|Boost Clock||P-core: 5.30 GHz|
E-core: 4.20 GHz
Max Turbo: 5.40 GHz
|Max Turbo: Up to 5.60 GHz|
|Memory||DDR4 + DDR5||Only DDR5|
|L1 Cache||1.25MB (80K per core)||768KB|
|L3 Cache||30MB Intel Smart Cache||64MB|
|Integrated Graphics||Intel UHD Graphics 770||AMD Radeon Graphics|
|GPU Clocks||Base Frequency: 300 MHz|
Max Frequency: 1.5 GHz
|Base Frequency: 400 MHz
Max Frequency: 2200 MHz
|Maximum Operating Temperature||100°C||95°C|
|Thermal Solution||Included||Not included|
|Thermal Design Power||Base Power: 125 W|
Turbo Power: 253 W
|Default 170 W|
|PCIe version||5.0 and 4.0||5.0|
|Instruction Set Extensions||Intel SSE4.1, Intel SSE4.2, Intel AVX2||AES, AMD-V, AVX, AVX2, AVX512, FMA3, MMX(+), SHA, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, SSSE3, x86-64|
The core i7-13700K vs. R9 7900X uses their respective manufacturers’ most recent and best architectures.
In the Intel i7-13700K, we get the Raptor Lake core architecture. It is built on innovative 10nm manufacturing technology and has up to 24 cores and 32 threads. The architecture is designed specifically for demanding applications, games, and significant performance boosts. The Raptor Lake is also far more power-efficient than its predecessors, giving it even better performance per watt.
Also Read: i7 12700K Vs i7 12700KF
AMD offers Zen 4 architecture in Ryzen 9 7900X. The Zen 4 microarchitecture replaces the Zen 3 microarchitecture and is anticipated to increase performance and power efficiency significantly. Zen 4 is also the first AMD microarchitecture to use the brand-new 7nm+ process node from TSMC. Zen 4 enables more compact and power-efficient CPUs with up to 16 cores and 32 threads.
The Intel core i7-13700K utilizes the FCLGA1700 socket, while the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X has an AM5 socket.
The FCLGA1700 socket is used by Intel processors and is compatible with a range of Intel chipsets. The high-end Intel processors, designed for high-performance gaming and computing, use the FCLGA1700 having 1700 connecting pins, allowing increased bandwidth and cooling compared to other CPU sockets. The FCLGA1700 supports both PCI Express 4.0 and 5.0.
The AM5 is AMD’s first LGA socket having 1718 connection pins, and is the latest CPU socket from AMD. This socket provides enhanced support for PCI Express 4.0, USB 3.2 Gen 2, and DDR5-5200 memory and is compatible with the most recent generations of AMD chipsets. If you want to upgrade to a Zen 4 processor (that uses an AM5 socket), you will need a new motherboard because the AM5 socket has a new pin arrangement incompatible with prior AMD sockets.
The AM5 socket of R9 7900X provides more pins and, thus, a greater area for connections than Intel i7-13700K. The CPU and motherboard can transfer power and data more quickly, and cooling will increase if there are more pins. So, AM5 has got superiority over FCLGA1700.
The AMD Ryzen 9 7900 has the disadvantage of only supporting DDR5 memory and not DDR4 memory, which is a downside compared to the Intel core i7-13700K (which supports both DDR4 and DDR5). However, both CPUs have the same storage of 128GB.
The DDR5 memory speed of Intel core i7-13700K is up to 5600 MT/s, while that of AMD Ryzen 9 7900X is 5200 MT/s. Regarding bandwidth, the Intel i7-13700K provides a greater bandwidth of 89.6 GB/s, while the R9 7900X has 83.2 GB/s bandwidth. Thus, the memory of Intel core i7-13700K is more improved.
Considering the memory support of two CPUs from a financial perspective, the Ryzen 9 7900X is not friendly for low-budget users. The choice of AMD Ryzen 9 7900X becomes complicated by the higher cost of DDR5 and the lack of a DDR4 choice for users. However, the person going for Intel i7-13700K gets the leverage to go for DDR4 memory to stay within his budget.
Both Intel i7-13700K and R9 7900X have built-in graphics. The core i7-13700K has Intel UHD Graphics 770, while the Ryzen 9 7900X has AMD Radeon Graphics.
The Intel UHD Graphics 770 is a high-end integrated graphics solution having a clock frequency range of 300 MHz to 1.6 GHz. There are two GPU engines and 32 execution units in UHD 770. It is one of the most power-effective integrated graphics available and is a fantastic option for laptop users who wish to increase the life of their batteries.
The AMD Radeon Graphics are designed to deliver excellent graphics performance. The GPU has two cores and employs many technologies, including AMD Eyefinity, to enhance graphics quality. The base clock of the R9 7900X integrated GPU is 400 MHz, while the boost clock is up to 2200 MHz. The R9 7900X integrated graphics speed would be higher because its boost clock is higher than that of the Intel i7-13700K.
Productivity Benchmarks (13700K Vs. 7900X)
We’ve discussed the characteristics and specifications of two CPUs so far, but which one excels in applications and activities that demand a lot of processing power? To find the answer, let’s compare the productivity of the core i7-13700K and the Ryzen 9 7900X. We have compiled the benchmark data of these two processors from HWBen and Benchmarks PC Tech.
Data compression saves storage space, and the speed of compression depends on a CPU’s performance.
During compression, the rate was higher for the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X as it completed the task at a speed of 135.8 million instructions per second. On the other hand, the Intel core i7-13700 K’s speed during the same compression task was 133 MIPS. Thus, the R9 7900X completed the process with an efficiency of ~2.10%.
The rate of encryption (the process of securing data by altering its appearance) depends on the CPU performance. A higher encryption rate (GB/s) tells about better performance by a CPU.
The encryption rate of the Intel core i7-13700K was 20.6 GB/s in the test, besides the speed of AMD Ryzen 9 7900X was 17.9 GB/s. Thus, the Intel core i7-13700K concluded the encryption with ~15% efficiency.
This test is especially important for video producers and editors, who need highly effective CPUs for faster encoding.
During x264 encoding, the Ryzen 9 7900X and Core i7-13700K finished the x264 format video encoding in 262.8 seconds and 261.1 seconds, respectively. Thus, the Intel Core i7-13700K did it 1.7 seconds more quickly.
Due to the x265’s (also known as HEVC) greater processing demands, the two CPUs’ combined encoding time was considerably longer than the x264 encoding. The Ryzen 9 7900X required 4.5 seconds more than the Intel i7-13700 K’s 454 seconds to complete the task. So, the Intel i7-13700K finished encoding the x265 video in ~1% less time.
Adobe Software Test
In the performance test of Adobe Premiere Pro 2022, the scores achieved by core i7-13700K vs. R9 7900X were 1189 and 1267, respectively. Thus, the performance of the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X was ~6.5% better.
In Adobe Photoshop 2022 test, the Intel core i7-13700K fetched ~3.8% more points. During photoshop, the scores obtained by core i7-13700K and R9 7900X were 1544 and 1488, respectively.
During Adobe After Effects 2022, the scores of core i7-13700K and R9 7900X were 1399 and 1337, respectively. So, again the Intel i7-13700K beat R9 7900X with ~4.6% high scores.
Blender Open Data & Corona 1.3
Corona 1.3 and Blender Open Data are the fora for collecting, showing, and finding performance test data for the hardware and software of processors.
In the Blender Open Data test, the Ryzen 9 7900X took less time (441 seconds) and outperformed the Intel core i7-13700K (482 seconds) with an efficiency of ~9.07%.
During Corona 1.3, the performance difference between the two CPUs was only 1 second, and the Ryzen 9 7900X showed an efficiency of ~2.1%.
Chromium Code Compile
The code compiling time of Ryzen 9 7900X was 3188 seconds which is 147 seconds less than the 3335 seconds consumed by Intel core i7-13700K. Thus, the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X won the Chromium Code compile test with ~4.6% time efficiency.
The Cinebench R23 is one of the best benchmarking software. During the single-core test, the single-core scores of the Intel i7-13700K were 2061, and the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X’s single-core scores were 2034. So, we can conclude that the single-core performance of the Intel i7-13700K is superior to AMD Ryzen 9 7900X.
Similar Guides: i9-13900K Vs i7-13700K
However, in multi-core scores, the situation is flipped. The multi-core scores of the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X and Intel i7-13700K are 29358 and 29045, respectively. So, according to Cinebench R23, the multi-core performance of the Ryzen 9 7900X should be ~1% more improved.
Gaming Benchmarks (13700K Vs. 7900X)
To check the gaming performance and efficiency of the two processors, we will discuss the benchmarks of games played at 1080p and 1440p resolutions separately.
At 1080p resolution, we will discuss the benchmarks for six games. We compiled the benchmarks of games played at 1080p resolution from the YT channel / Testing Games.
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- GPU: MSI Gaming (MSI) GeForce RTX 4090 24GB
- Motherboard 1: GIGABYTE X670E AORUS MASTER (For Ryzen 9 7900X)
- Motherboard 2: ASUS ROG Strix Z790E Gaming (For Intel i7-13700K)
- RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5 6000MHz (Read Ram For Ryzen 9 7900x & i7-13700K)
- SSD: 2 x SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB
- CPU Cooler: be quiet! 250W TDP Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler with Silent Wings (Read CPU Coolers For Ryzen 9 7900x & i7-13700K)
- Power Supply: Corsair Power Supply RMi 850W CP-9020083
Call Of Duty: Warzone
- During the CPU-intensive COD: Warzone, the Intel i7-13700K outperformed the Ryzen 9 7900x with an extra 2 FPS.
- The average frame rate of the Intel i7-13700K was 194 FPS, while that of the R9 7900X was 192 FPS.
- The Intel i7-13700K consumed more power (128 W) than Ryzen 9 7900X (93 W).
- In gameplay, the core i7-13700K maintained a temperature of 63°C, while the Ryzen 9 7900X was as high as 70°C.
Forza Horizon 5
- The Intel i7-13700K outscored the Ryzen 9 7900x by 6 FPS lead while playing the GPU-demanding Forza Horizon 5.
- During the game, Intel core i7-13700K vs. R9 7900X averaged 294 FPS and 288 FPS, respectively.
- Compared to 85 W power consumption by the Ryzen 9 7900X, the Intel i7-13700K used 100 W.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X and core i7-13700K stayed at the same 62°C temperature during Forza Horizon 5.
- In Hitman 3, the Ryzen 9 7900X outperformed the Intel i7-13700K by 20 frames per second or ~8% more great performance.
- Compared to the Intel core i7-13700K (248 avg FPS), the R9 7900X averaged 288 frames per second.
- During Hitman 3, the Ryzen 9 7900X required 84 W of power, whereas the Intel i7-13700K used 115 W.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X reached temperatures as high as 70°C during games, whereas the core i7-13700K stayed at 63°C.
Microsoft Flight Simulator
- During MSFS, The Intel i7-13700K outscored the Ryzen 9 7900X by four frames per second.
- The R9 7900X averaged 130 frames per second, which is ~3.1% less than the 134 average FPS of the Intel Core i7-13700K.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X used 67 W of power while gaming, compared to the Intel i7-13700 K’s consumption of 100 W.
- While playing MSFS, the Ryzen 9 7900X attained a higher temperature of up to 72°C, while the core i7-13700K kept a temperature of 69°C.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- In highly GPU-intensive RDR 2, the Ryzen 9 7900X provided additional three frames per second than the Intel i7-13700K.
- The R9 7900X averaged 184 frames per second, which is 3.1% slower than the Intel Core i7-1370 K’s 181 average frames per second.
- In the gameplay, the Ryzen 9 7900X consumed 92 W of power as opposed to the Intel i7-137 K’sK’s higher consumption of 130 W.
- The core i7-13700K vs. R9 7900X retained an equal temperature of 67°C in RDR 2.
Spider-Man Miles Morales
- The Intel core i7-13700K offered ~6.3% more improved performance than the Ryzen 9 7900X in the super CPU-intensive Spider-Man Miles Morales.
- The R9 7900X averaged 223 frames per second, while the Intel Core i7-13700K produced 237 average FPS.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X used 108 watts of power during gameplay, compared to the Intel i7-13 K’s K’s higher consumption of 149 watts.
- In Spider-Man Miles Morales, the core i7-13700K retained a temperature of 71°C while the Ryzen 9 7900X operated at a higher temperature of 76 degrees.
All the games played at 1440p resolution are highly demanding in terms of performance and impose a lot of stress on the system. The games would offer better outcomes to compare the effectiveness of the core i7-13700K vs. R9 7900X. We collected the benchmarks of the following games from the YT channel / Mike Benchmark.
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080
- Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK Gaming Motherboard
- RAM: G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Trident Z Royal Gold 3600Mhz PC4-28800 CL16 1.35V
- SSD: Samsung 980 EVO Plus SSD 1TB
- PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold Full Modular, 850W
- Cooler: Lian Li GALAHAD AIO 360 RGB UNI FAN SL
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- During extensively GPU-boAssassin’sin’s Creed Valhalla, the Intel i7-13700K led the performance by 4 FPS or ~4.6% superior performance.
- The Intel core i7-13700K turned out 91 FPS on average, while the R9 7900X generated an average of 87 FAssassin’sin’s Creed Valhalla imposed a load of 14% of full capacity on Intel i7-13700K and 18% on AMD R9 7900X.
- The AMD Ryzen 9 7900X had a higher temperature of 61°C during gameplay, while the temperature of the Intel i7-13700K was 57°C.
- The AMD Ryzen 9 7900X outperformed the competition in Cyberpunk 2077 by 3 FPS or ~3.2%.
- The R9 7900X produced an average of 96 FPS, compared to the Intel i7-1 K’s0 K’s 93 FPS.
- During the gameplay, the Intel core i7-13700K was under a very high load of 54%, while the load on R9 7900X was 31%.
- The Intel core i7- K’s00 K’s operating temperature was three degrees higher than the Ryzen 9 7900X.
God of War
- During GPU-bound God of War, the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X outperformed the rival by 6 FPS or ~5.8% higher performance.
- The average frame rate of core i7-13700K was 104 FPS. At the same time, the Ryzen 9 7900X was furnishing 110 average FPS.
- While gaming, the CPU load of Intel i7-13700K vs. Ryzen 9 7900X was 19% and 21% of respective full load capacities.
- During God of War, the temperatures of both CPUs were low (Intel i7-13700K had 54°C, and R9 7900X had 55°C).
Horizon Zero Dawn
- The AMD Ryzen 9 7900X outscored the core i7-13700K in GPU-intensive Horizon Zero Dawn by 5 FPS or ~3.7%.
- The core i7-13700K maintained an average frame rate of 135 FPS, while the Ryzen 9 7900X provided a higher average of 140 FPS during Horizon Zero Dawn.
- The load on the core i7-13700K was 54%, while the load on the R9 7900X was 31%.
- The Intel Core i7-13700K handled a temperature six degrees higher than the Ryzen 9 7900X.
Also Read: i7-13700K Vs i5-13600K
Watch Dogs Legion
- In CPU-intensive Watch Dogs Legion, a stunning lead of 4 FPS or 4% better performance over the core i7-13700K was made by the Ryzen 9 7900X.
- The Intel i7-13700K performance delivered a 100 FPS average, while the Ryzen 9 7900X produced 104 FPS on average.
- While gaming, the core i7-13700K and R9 7900X had CPU loads of 25% and 31%, respectively.
- During Watch Dogs Legion, the operating temperature of the Ryzen 9 7900X was eight degrees lower than Intel i7-13700K.
Overall Gaming Analysis (13700K Vs. 7900X)
Based on frame rates, let’s compare the gaming capability of the Intel core i7-13700K and the Ryzen 9 7900X.
The overall performance of the Intel core i7-13700K and the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X was nearly identical. Their mean average frame rates differ only by 0.5 FPS (Intel i7-13700K leading) for an average of six games. So, the 1080p gaming competition between the two processors was extremely tough.
There was a difference of 0.7 FPS in the Low 1% performance of the processors, with Ryzen 9 7900X leading the position. The Intel core i7-13700K delivered a higher Low 1% FPS in Forza Horizon 5, CoD: Warzone, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Spider-Man Miles Morales. On the other hand, the Ryzen 9 7900X performed better in Hitman 3 and Microsoft Flight Simulator, leading Low 1% FPS.
However, the Intel core i7-13700 K’s overall lead was 3.1 in Low 0.1% FPS. The Ryzen 9 7900X delivered a greater Low 0.1% FPS in Hitman 3 and Microsoft Flight Simulator, and the core i7-13700K led in the rest of the above-discussed games at 1080p.
During the five games played at 1440p resolution, the mean frame rate of the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X was 107.4 FPS which is 2.8 FPS higher than 104.6 FPS delivered by the Intel core i7-13700K. So, the overall performance lead by Ryzen 9 7900X was ~2.7% of core i7-13700 K’s capability.
The minimum frame rate average of Ryzen 9 7900Z was 53.2 FPS which is again higher than the 52.2 FPS lower boundary of core i7-13700K. The Ryzen 9 7900X attained the lowermost limits in Cyberpunk 2077, God of War, and Watch Dogs Legion. But these lower values of R9 7900X were close to core i7-13700 K’s minimum FPS. And the Intel i7-13700K touched the bottom threshold in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Horizon Zero Dawn.
Regarding FPS, there was a huge lead of 29.2 FPS by Intel core i7-13700K in average maximum frame rate. Intel i7-13700K could make such a high lead because of its extraordinary 618 maximum FPS in God of War. While the R9 7900X had higher maximum frame rates in all other games at 1080p (Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Watch Dogs Legion).
Power Consumption (1080p)
The performance per watt ratio of AMD Ryzen 9 7900X is more profitable. The average power consumed by AMD Ryzen 9 7900X during 1080 gameplay was only 88.2 watts, while the consumption of Intel core i7-13700K was as high as 120.3 watts.According to the results, the electricity cost of Intel core i7-13700K would be ~36.4% higher than the Ryzen 9 7900X. Thus, the Ryzen 9 7900X would be a better option for users who can not bear paying higher bills.
CPU Load (1440p)The average load on Intel i7-13700K vs. AMD 7900X was 26.8% and 33.4% of respective full capacities. As predicted by calculations, the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X takes more stress than the core i7-13700K under the same operating conditions. A greater load can damage the CPU’s health, but these loads are low (can not cause any harm to the CPU ) because the games played at 1440p were more dependent on GPU than the CPU.
The overall temperature of AMD Ryzen 9 7900X was 2.4 degrees higher than the core i7-13700K during gaming at 1080p. By computations, the average temperature of AMD Ryzen 9 7900X was 68.7°C, and it was 66.3°C for Intel core i7-13700K. The temperatures of both graphics cards fall within acceptable ranges and are below their maximum values.
For 1440p, the calculations display the result opposite to 1080p. The overall temperature of the Intel core i7-13700K was higher in 1440p games. The temperature averages of core i7-13700K and Ryzen 9 7900X come out to be 61.2°C and 58.8°C. So, the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X provided a thermal efficiency of ~4.1% during 1440p gaming.
Price & Availability
AMD introduced the Ryzen 9 7900X with a $549 price tag, while the core i7-13700K was launched by Intel with a price of $409.00 – $419.00. The current price of the Intel i7-13700 K is the same as its original launch price. However, the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X has been reduced. The Ryzen 9 7900X is now available for $440.
Also Read: Ryzen 9 7950x Vs Ryzen 9 7900x
Concerning accessibility, both the Ryzen 9 7900X and the Core i7-13700K are widely available in markets. You can order these processors directly from the official stores of Intel and AMD or using websites of eBay, Amazon, Aliexpress, etc.
Which One Should You Go For? (13700K vs. 7900X)
The Intel i7-13700K and AMD Ryzen 9 7900X are powerful CPU alternatives currently available. They resemble one another in practically every way. Both CPUs have a total of 12 cores. However, the core i7-13700K has lesser (20) threads than the 24 threads of the Ryzen 9 7900X.
The core i7-13700K and R9 7900X are equipped with the finest sockets and have the latest architectures of respective companies. The clock speeds of Intel core i7-13700K are relatively higher than Ryzen 9 7900X.
Regarding memory support, the Ryzen 9 7900X supports only DDR5 and does not support DDR4, while the Intel i7-13700K supports both memories. The memory performance of the Intel I7-13700K is also better than the Ryzen 9 7900X. Both the CPUs have excellent integrated graphics for performance in the absence of dedicated graphics cards from the system.
In light of productivity test results, the Intel core i7-13700K performs better in video editing and encoding, encryption, Adobe Premiere Pro, and single-core Cinebench R23 scores. However, the benchmarks of Chromium Code Compile, 7-Zip compression, Blender Open Data, Corona 1.3, and multi-core Cinebench R23 favor the Ryzen 9 7900X.
Intel core i7-13700K and AMD Ryzen 9 7900X offer comparable gaming performance. The frame rate difference between these two processors does not exceed 10 FPS on average.
After all of the above discussion, it would be fair to conclude that the Intel core i7-13700K gives a better value for your money due to its relatively lower price than R9 7900X. The Intel core i7-13700K is a better option to pass our recommendation. However, the choice also depends on needs. If you want to use your PC only for gaming, we recommend the Ryzen 9 7900X.
The base and boost clocks of the Ryzen 9 7900X are higher. The Ryzen 9 7900X has a turbo clock of up to 5.6 GHz. No, the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X does not support DDR4. You can use only DDR5 memory with this processor. The core i7-13700K utilizes the FCLGA1700 socket of Intel, while the Ryzen 9 7900X has the latest AM5 (LGA 1718) of AMD. The AMD Ryzen 9 7900X offers a more improved gaming experience at 1440p resolution than the Intel i7-13700K.
Frequently Asked Questions
The base and boost clocks of the Ryzen 9 7900X are higher. The Ryzen 9 7900X has a turbo clock of up to 5.6 GHz.
No, the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X does not support DDR4. You can use only DDR5 memory with this processor.
The core i7-13700K utilizes the FCLGA1700 socket of Intel, while the Ryzen 9 7900X has the latest AM5 (LGA 1718) of AMD.
The AMD Ryzen 9 7900X offers a more improved gaming experience at 1440p resolution than the Intel i7-13700K.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
Abdemanaf is a skilled creative writer who has been honing his craft since 2011. While initially working in different fields, he found a passion for technology and has been exploring the tech world since early 2015. Over the years, he has developed an in-depth knowledge of the latest tech trends and product offerings by various companies.
Abdemanaf’s writing reflects his analytical mindset and ability to think critically. He has a knack for breaking down complex technical information into easily digestible pieces, making his articles engaging and accessible to readers from all backgrounds. In February 2022, he joined Tech4Gamers as a blog and product comparison writer, where he has been able to hone his skills further.
As a writer, Abdemanaf is dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest technological advancements and trends, enabling him to provide readers with the most relevant and accurate information. He is always eager to learn more and is constantly seeking new challenges to improve his skills.
Get In Touch: [email protected]