Both large CPU manufacturers have left no stone unturned in the pursuit of getting as much gaming performance as possible. In the Ryzen 9 7950X3D vs i9-13900KS comparison, we will compare the magnum opus from both companies to declare a definitive winner.
- In gaming performance, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D outperforms the Core i9-13900KS at 1080p with its 4% higher rendering capability.
- The Ryzen 9 7950X3D uses 12.1% less energy and performs better per watt than the i9-13900KS. It also has a 5.2% higher thermal efficiency.
- The launch MSRP of the Intel i9-13900KS is $689-$699, whereas the Ryzen 9 7950X3D is $699.
|Feature||AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D||Intel Core i9-13900KS|
|Architecture||Zen 4||Raptor Lake Hybrid architecture|
|Former Codename||Raphael AM5||Raptor Lake|
|Integrated Graphics||AMD Radeon Graphics||Intel UHD Graphics 770|
|iGPU Base Clock||400 MHz||300 MHz|
|iGPU Boost Clock||2200 MHz||1650 MHz|
|PCI Express Version||5||5.0 and 4.0|
|Total PCIe Lanes||28||20|
|Unlocked For Overclocking||Yes||Yes|
|Motherboard||Motherboards For Ryzen 9 7950X3D||Motherboards For i9-13900KS|
|RAM||RAM For Ryzen 9 7950X3D||RAM For Core i9-13900KS|
|Cooler||CPU Coolers For Ryzen 9 7950X3D||CPU Coolers For Core i9-13900KS|
- Core Count: The Ryzen 9 7950X3D has 16 performance cores that add up to 32 threads, while the Core i9 13900KS has 8 performance cores in addition to 16 efficiency cores, totalling 32 threads.
- Cache: Where the i9 has its advantage in terms of core count, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D is undefeated when it comes to its 128MB L3 cache, while the Core i9 only had 36MB in comparison.
- TDP: The 13900KS has a significantly higher TDP than the Ryzen, around 253 watts versus the 162 watts of the Ryzen. Bear in mind both of these are PL2 TDPs.
- Processing Nodes: The Ryzen 9 has a 5nm manufacturing process, which is significantly more advanced than the 10nm processing nodes that the 13900KS uses.
- Memory: The Ryzen 9 7950X3D supports up to 128GB of DDR5-5200 RAM, while the Intel processor supports faster DDR5 RAM at 5600MHz; in addition to the DDR4-3200 RAM, it can also be used in junction with.
The performance of a processor in challenging games is its primary defining characteristic over any other processor. When the processor’s capabilities are fully unlocked, a particular game runs at its peak performance, showcasing its prowess in high-stress situations. To analyze the gaming performance of the Ryzen 9 7950X3D vs i9-13900KS, we will compare their capabilities in seven demanding games at 1080p resolution with ultra settings.
- OS: Windows 10 pro
- CPU 1: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
- Motherboard 1: GIGABYTE X670E Aorus Master
- CPU 2: Intel Core i9-13900KS
- Motherboard 2: Asus ROG Strix Z790 – E Gaming
- GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4090 24GB
- RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM
- SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
- HDD: WD Blue 4TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive
- PSU: Cosair RMX Series RM1000X 1000 watt
- Cooler: Cosair ICUE H150I Elite
- When we tested Hitman 3, it only had a 3.9% difference in performance between the two processors. The 13900KS had an average of 238 FPS, while the Ryzen 7950X3D was a bit further ahead with an average of 247 FPS.
- 1% lows hung around 167 FPS for the 13900KS, while the 7950X3D had lows of around 182 FPS, making the gaming experience smoother by a significant amount.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- The i9-13900KS produced an average frame rate of 187 FPS in our test of AC Valhalla, while the Ryzen 9 7950X3D produced 186 FPS in the same conditions.
- Considering the 1% low performance in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D mustered up 153 FPS, while the Core i9-13900KS provided 151 FPS.
Far Cry 6
- When we tested Far Cry 6 on both processors, the 7950X3D had a 6.25% lead over its rival. Its framerate hovered around 187 FPS, while the 13900KS sat closer to 176 FPS.
- When considering the 1% low performance in Far Cry 6, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D managed 137 FPS compared to the Core i9-13900KS’s 155 FPS.
Forza Horizon 5
- The Ryzen overtook the i9 in our test of Forza Horizon 5 by about 2.04%, with an average framerate of around 200 FPS compared to the 196 FPS of the 13900KS.
- The 1% lows were about the same between the two processors, with the 13900KS recording 172 FPS as its minimum, while the Ryzen 9 recorded 171 FPS as its minimum.
God Of War
- The 13900KS displayed an average framerate of 213 FPS in our short test of God Of War, while the Ryzen was around 9% faster with a framerate of 230 FPS on average.
- The 1% lows were almost equivalent on both processors in this game, with the i9 getting a minimum of around 181 FPS, while the Ryzen 9 fell closer to a minimum of 180 FPS.
- When we tested Cyberpunk 2077, the i9 was around 6.54% faster with an average framerate of 163 FPS, while the Ryzen had a framerate of around 153 FPS.
- Regarding the 1% low FPS, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D managed 131 FPS compared to the Core i9-13900KS’s 140 FPS.
Horizon Zero Dawn
- The Ryzen regained its advantage in our test of Horizon Zero Dawn, with a framerate of 249 FPS as opposed to the 226 FPS average of the i9. This came out to an advantage of around 10.2%.
- The minimums hit around 180 FPS on the i9, while the Ryzen was ahead by a significant margin with 1% lows of 192 FPS.
Overall Gaming Analysis
Let us discuss the overall statistics of the Ryzen 9 7950X3D vs i9-13900KS comparison.
After evaluating the frame rates average for the above-mentioned games, the figures indicate that the Ryzen 9 7950X3D delivers 3.91% better gaming performance than the Core i9-13900KS. The overall frame rate delivered by the Core i9-13900KS was 199.6 FPS, while the Ryzen 9 7950X3D crossed the boundary of two hundred by averaging the frame rate at 207.4 FPS.
Regarding the 1% low performance, there was little to no change between these two processors. The 1% low frame rate supplied by the Ryzen 9 7950X3D was 163.8 FPS, while the Core i9-13900KS managed an average of 163.6 FPS at its worst performance during the above-mentioned games at 1080p resolution.
The graph above shows that the Ryzen 9 7950X3D generated higher frame rates in almost all of the games. The Core i9-13900KS performed better than its rival in Cyberpunk 2077. In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, the Core i9-13900KS won the competition with one FPS lead.
If we look at the power consumption of the two processors, the Core i9-13900KS combusted 126.7 watts of power on average in the above games, whereas the Ryzen 9 7950X3D’s average combustion is 113.0 watts. Hence, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D uses 12.1% less power than the Core i9-13900KS when running games at 1080p resolution.
When we compare the Ryzen 9 7950X3D and Core i9-13900KS as alternatives for low-income users, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D would be the best choice. The reason is the Ryzen 9 7950X3D is 12.1% more power efficient than the Core i9-13900KS, thus saving electricity costs.
Regarding the CPU gaming temperature, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D ran at an average of 65.5°C, whereas the Core i9-13900KS ran at an average temperature of 68.9°C. The Core i9-13900KS’s temperature was 3.4 degrees higher on average. These figures lead us to conclude that the Ryzen 9 7950X3D exhibits 5.2% more thermal efficiency when compared to the Core i9-13900KS.
Price And Availability
When buying a processor, it is vital to compare the two processors’ costs and levels of availability. AMD launched the Ryzen 9 7950X3D with a price tag of $699. In contrast, Intel launched the Core i9-13900KS at an MSRP of $689-699.
The prices of processors are influenced by demand and time. The Ryzen 9 7950X3D is now selling for roughly $698 to $719, while the Core i9-13900KS costs $730 to $750.
Regarding availability, the two processors are available in markets, but as mentioned above, the suppliers are currently selling them at black. It would be better to order these processors from the official stores of Intel and AMD.
Ryzen 9 7950X3D Vs Core i9-13900KS: Which One Is Better For You?
The Ryzen 9 7950X3D is the processor to consider for the highest gaming performance. It has a 4% superior gaming performance than the Core i9-13900KS and is also the most recent and greatest processor available.
However, considering the availability and current market prices, the Core i9-13900KS appears to be the more suitable option with greater performance per dollar.
Pros And Cons
|Intel Core i9-13900KS||High count of 24 cores and 32 threads.|
Record Max turbo clock of up to 6.0 GHz.
Premium binned silicon.
|Quite expensive compared to the i9-13900K real-world incentive.
Minimal gains over the standard model.
Consumes more power.
|AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D||The R9 7950X3D performs admirably across the board.|
It has intelligent workload management (CCX Parking).
Regarding performance per watt, this CPU is also energy-efficient.
No support for DDR4.
The Ryzen 9 7950X3D consumes less power than the Core i9-13900KS. The R9 7950X3D is about 12.1% more power efficient than the Core i9-13900KS.
Undoubtedly, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D delivers excellent game performance. The Ryzen 9 7950X3D performs about 4% better than the Core i9-13900KS.
The Core i9-13900KS offers better value for money. However, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D has a lower running cost because of its lower power consumption.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
Abdemanaf is a skilled creative writer who has been honing his craft since 2011. While initially working in different fields, he found a passion for technology and has been exploring the tech world since early 2015. Over the years, he has developed an in-depth knowledge of the latest tech trends and product offerings by various companies.
Abdemanaf’s writing reflects his analytical mindset and ability to think critically. He has a knack for breaking down complex technical information into easily digestible pieces, making his articles engaging and accessible to readers from all backgrounds. In February 2022, he joined Tech4Gamers as a blog and product comparison writer, where he has been able to hone his skills further.
As a writer, Abdemanaf is dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest technological advancements and trends, enabling him to provide readers with the most relevant and accurate information. He is always eager to learn more and is constantly seeking new challenges to improve his skills.
Get In Touch: [email protected]