The Ryzen 7 5700X and the Ryzen 7 5800X3D are AMD’s processors with 8 cores and 16 threads featuring the Zen 3 core architecture. AMD released these processors in April 2022 to offer consumers the best gaming experience. In Ryzen 7 5700X vs Ryzen 7 5800X3D guide, we will compare the two processors’ specs and gaming capabilities in detail.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X and 5800X3D feature the same AMD Zen 3 architecture and AM4 socket.
- The gaming performance of the Ryzen 7 5800X3D is 16.5% better than the R7 5700X at 1080p resolution.
- Considering the power usage, the R7 5700X is 21.6% more efficient and consumes little power.
- The R7 5800X3D has 17.2% better capability than the 5700X in tackling CPU temperature while gaming.
- The R7 5700X had a $299 Price at launch, whereas the R7 5800X3D had an MSRP of $449.
Ryzen 7 5700X Vs Ryzen 7 5800X3D
|Feature||Ryzen 7 5700X||Ryzen 7 5800X3D|
|Architecture||Zen 3||Zen 3|
|Base Clock||3.4 GHz||3.4 GHz|
|Boost Clock||Up to 4.6 GHz||Up to 3.4 GHz|
|Unlocked for Overclocking||Yes||Yes|
|Integrated Graphics||No – Dedicated Graphics Card is required||No – Dedicated Graphics Card is required|
|Default TDP||65 W||105 W|
|Max. Operating Temperature||90°C||90°C|
|Thermal Solution (PIB)||Not included||Not included|
|Cores Technology||TSMC 7nm FinFET||TSMC 7nm FinFET|
|I/O Die Technology||12nm (Globalfoundries)||12nm (Globalfoundries)|
|CPU Compute Die (CCD) Size||74 mm²||74 mm²|
|I/O Die (IOD) Size||125 mm²||125 mm²|
|Package Die Count||2||1|
|PCIe Express Version||4.0||4.0|
|Native PCIe Lanes
(Total and Usable)
|24 and 20||24 and 20|
|Max Memory speed||Up to 3200MHz||Up to 3200MHz|
|ECC Support||Yes (Requires mobo support)||Yes (Requires mobo support)|
|Release Date||4 April 2022||20 April 2022|
|Best Motherboards||–||Best Motherboards for Ryzen 7 5800X3D|
|Best RAM||–||Best RAM For Ryzen 7 5800X3D|
|Best Coolers||–||Best CPU Coolers For Ryzen 7 5800X3D|
AMD provided the Zen 3 core architecture with the R7 5700X and R7 5800X3D, as both CPUs were introduced in the same month, with the Zen 3 being the most recent at the time.
AMD Zen 3 is the third iteration of the Zen microarchitecture and it was published in the latter half of 2020. It is made using a 7-nanometer technology. The Zen 3 has a better branch predictor, which enables the CPU to forecast the execution of subsequent instructions with greater accuracy, improving performance.
Also Read: Ryzen 7 5800X3D Vs Ryzen 7 7700X
Furthermore, AMD states that the R7 5800X3D’s AMD 3D V-Cache technology will give users an additional 15% performance on average. AMD also asserts that the Zen 3 architecture provides up to a 19% improvement in instructions per clock (IPC) over the Zen 2 architecture.
Just like the R7 5700X and R7 5800X3D feature the same Zen 3 architecture, they also share the AM4 socket.
The AM4 socket was initially launched in 2016 and was employed before the Ryzen 7000 series in 2022. The AM4 socket has 1331 pins and supports DDR4 memory running at speeds of up to 3200 MHz. In addition, depending on the chipset being utilized, it offers PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0 connectivity.
Furthermore, the socket is compatible with AMD’s Precision Boost 2 technology, which dynamically modifies CPU frequency in response to workload needs.
To compare the socket of the R7 5700X vs 5800X3D with the latest AMD’s socket, read our article on AM5 vs AM4.
The Ryzen 7 5700X and 5800X3D have the same 128GB DDR5 memory with UDIMM subtype. They offer a wonderful memory speed of up to 3200 MHz. The R7 5700X and R7 5800X3D have a memory bandwidth of 51.2 GB/s. Both CPUs have two memory channels and they support ECC memory (However, ECC memory requires mobo support).
Regarding the caches, the R7 5700X and R7 5800X3D have the same 512KB L1 and 4MB L2 caches. But the R7 5800X3D has a higher L3 cache size of 96MB, which in the case of the R7 5700X is 32MB.
If we consider the base frequencies of the two processors, the R7 5700X and R7 5800X3D have the same clock speed of 3.4 GHz. The same base clock indicates identical capabilities of the two CPUs in tackling basic operations.
However, the R7 5700X beats the R7 5800X3D in the case of the boost clock with a 0.1 GHz higher speed. The R7 5800X3D has a boost clock of up to 4.5 GHz, while R7 5700X has 4.6 GHz.
In this section, we will explore the capabilities and efficacy of the R7 5700X vs R7 5800X3D in seven taxing games at 1080p resolution with maximum settings.
- OS: Windows 10 pro
- Motherboard – Asus Rog Strix X570 (For both CPUs)
- GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RTX 3080 10GB
- SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
- HDD: WD Blue 4TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive
- RAM: G SKILL DDR4 32GB RAM 4800Mhz (2X16GB) – CL18
- PSU: Cooler Master V1000 SMPS
- COOLER: MSI MAG CORE LIQUID C360
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, the Ryzen 7 5800X3D rendered 21.4% better performance than the Ryzen 7 5700X.
- The R7 5700X turned over an average frame rate of 126 FPS, while the R7 5800X3D delivered a superb average of 153 FPS.
- During the gameplay, the R7 5700X ran at 62.3 watts of power only, while the R7 5800X3D worked at a higher power of 80.1 watts.
- The active temperature of the R7 5800X3D during Assassin’s Creed Valhalla was only 54°C, while the R7 5700X had a higher 76°C temperature.
- The Ryzen 7 5800X3D performed 14.5% better than the Ryzen 7 5700X in Battlefield V.
- The R7 5800X3D produced an excellent frame rate of 230 FPS, whereas the R7 5700X averaged 201 FPS.
- In Battlefield V, the R7 5700X worked at 89.6 watts of electricity, while the R7 5800X3D operated at 98.4 watts.
- The R7 5700X had a temperature of 71°C, the R7 5800X3D ran at a lower temperature of 61°C.
- In Cyberpunk 2077, the Ryzen 7 5800X3D outperformed the Ryzen 7 5700X by an 8.3% higher frame rate.
- The R7 5700X averaged 109 FPS, while the R7 5800X3D produced an impressive frame rate of 118 FPS.
- The R7 5700X used 65.8 watts of power in Cyberpunk 2077, whereas the R7 5800X3D used 96.9 watts.
- The R7 5800X3D operated at a lower temperature of 58°C, while the R7 5700X ran at 72°C.
Forza Horizon 5
- The Ryzen 7 5800X3D performed 17.0% better in Forza Horizon 5 than the Ryzen 7 5700X.
- The R7 5800X3D delivered a stunning average frame rate of 179 FPS, while the R7 5700X averaged 153 FPS.
- In Forza Horizon 5, the R7 5700X consumed 67.9 watts of power, while the R7 5800X3D consumed 81.9 watts.
- The R7 5700X ran at a temperature of 69°C, fifteen degrees higher than the R7 5800X3D’s temperature of 54°C.
Also Check: Ryzen 7 5800X3D Vs. i5-13600K
- Here, the Ryzen 7 5800X3D defeated the 5700X by 12.9% higher performance.
- The R7 5800X3D delivered a fantastic average frame rate of 192 FPS, while the R7 5700X produced an average of 170 frames per second.
- The R7 5700X operated at 76.8 watts of power, while the R7 5800X3D worked at a higher power of 94.2 watts.
- During the gameplay, the R7 5800X3D’s operating temperature (63°C) was two degrees lower than the R7 5700X’s 65°C.
Horizon Zero Dawn
- The Ryzen 7 5800X3D defeated the Ryzen 7 5700X in Horizon Zero Dawn by 19.7% greater performance.
- The R7 5700X produced an average of 132 frames per second, while the R7 5800X3D generated a phenomenal average frame rate of 158 FPS.
- During Horizon Zero Dawn, the R7 5800X3D functioned at a greater power of 89.2 watts than the R7 5700X, which ran at 81.4 watts.
- The R7 5800X3D ran at a temperature of 56°C compared to the R7 5700X’s operating temperature of 66°C.
Mafia: Definitive Edition
- In Mafia: Definitive Edition, the Ryzen 7 5800X3D won the performance battle over the Ryzen 7 5700X by an enormous lead of 32 FPS or rendering 22.2% greater performance.
- The R7 5800X3D achieved an impressive average frame rate of 176 FPS, compared to the R7 5700X’s average of 144 frames per second.
- During the gameplay of Mafia: Definitive Edition, the R7 5800X3D ran at 85.3 watts, consuming 14.7 watts less than the 70.6 watts consumption by the R7 5700X.
- The temperature of R7 5700X during the gameplay was 68°C, which is eleven degrees higher than the R7 5800X3D’s temperature of 57°C.
Overall Gaming Analysis
After looking at how each CPU performed in each game individually, let’s discuss the overall gameplay census of the Ryzen 7 5700X vs 5800X3D.
PerformanceThe Ryzen 7 5800X3D led the overall gaming performance over the Ryzen 7 5700X by rendering 16.5% loftier frame rates. During the above-mentioned games, the R7 5700X averaged 147.9 FPS, while the R7 5800X3D yielded an average of 172.3 frames per second. The R7 5700X could not perform better than the R7 5800X3D in any game.
Power ConsumptionIn the 1080p games above, the average power consumption of the Ryzen 7 5700X was only 73.5 watts, while the R7 5800X3D consumed more, averaging 89.4 watts. So, the Ryzen 7 5700X conducts gaming with a power efficiency of 21.6% over the R7 5800X3D.
Similar Comparisons: Ryzen 7 5800X3D vs Ryzen 9 5900X
If we consider the option of the R7 5700X and R7 5800X3D for indigent users, the R7 5700X would be a better option among the two processors. It is because the R7 5800X3D’s higher power consumption results in expensive electricity costs, which stress the user.
For more detail on CPU power consumption, read our guide on how many watts does a gaming PC use?
Thermal EfficiencyThe Ryzen 7 5700X ran at an average temperature of 69.6°C, while the R7 5800X3D ran at 57.6°C. The R7 5700X’s temperature during gaming tests was 12 degrees higher than the R7 5800X3D. Based on these numbers, we can conclude that the Ryzen 7 5800X3D shows 17.2% more thermal efficiency in the R7 5700X vs 5800X3D.
To learn more about CPU gaming temperature maintenance, read our guide on how to lower CPU temperature.
Price And Availability
At the time of launch, AMD marked the Ryzen 7 5700X at a price of $299. In parallel, AMD also launched the Ryzen 7 5800X3D in the same month of April 2022 with a price tag of $449. The R7 5800X3D was 50% more expensive than the 5700X in the initial days of the processors.
The demand, supply, and time all affect the prices of processors. Nowadays, you can easily get the Ryzen 7 5700X for about $190 to $200, while the R7 5800X3D is available for $300 to $320. The prices of the two CPUs have reduced by about 35% to 45% when compared to their launch MSRPs.
The R7 5700X and 5800X3D are both available at convenience in both the digital and physical markets when taking availability and after-market sales into account. You can order these processors from AMD’s official online store. These processors are also available at Amazon, NewEgg, AliExpress, and other stores.
Which One Should You Go For?
If you want to get a CPU to enjoy the finest gaming experience possible, the Ryzen 7 5700X3D is our recommendation due to its outstanding gaming performance.
Yet, if you are unable to pay for expensive electrical costs and are not only concerned with only the gaming performance, then the Ryzen 7 5700X would be a better pick for its higher power efficiency.
Before leaving, make sure to give our i9-12900K vs Ryzen 7-5800X3D comparison a read in case you want to see how it performs against intel.
AMD offers the same number of 8 cores and 16 threads in both R7 5700X and 5800X3D. The R7 5800X3D features the AMD Zen 3 architecture and employs an AM4 socket with it. The Ryzen 7 5700X is more power efficient because the Ryzen 7 5800X3D consumed 21.6% more power than the R7 5700X in 1080p games. Yes, when it comes to gaming, the Ryzen 7 5800X3D outperforms the R7 5700X by 16.5%. The MSRP of the Ryzen 7 5700X is $150 less than that of the R7 5800X3D. Now, the R7 5700X costs between $180 and $200.
Frequently Asked Questions
AMD offers the same number of 8 cores and 16 threads in both R7 5700X and 5800X3D.
The R7 5800X3D features the AMD Zen 3 architecture and employs an AM4 socket with it.
The Ryzen 7 5700X is more power efficient because the Ryzen 7 5800X3D consumed 21.6% more power than the R7 5700X in 1080p games.
Yes, when it comes to gaming, the Ryzen 7 5800X3D outperforms the R7 5700X by 16.5%.
The MSRP of the Ryzen 7 5700X is $150 less than that of the R7 5800X3D. Now, the R7 5700X costs between $180 and $200.
- Ryzen 9 7900X3D vs i9-13900K [Benchmarks 2023]
- Ryzen 9 7950X3D vs Intel i9-13900K: Which Is Better?
- i7-11700K Vs i5-12600K [7 Games Tested]
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔