Our focus today is on the Ryzen 7 5700X vs Ryzen 5 5600X battle. Both are highly efficient processors. The Ryzen 7 5700X is a superior option when running intense programs and multitasking. The Ryzen 5 5600X, on the other hand, ranks as one of the best CPUs for streaming. However, a thorough test can only determine how well these two CPUs perform.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X exhibits a performance gain of 2.75% over the Ryzen 5 5600X, providing considerably faster frame rates.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X has a better thermal efficiency as it keeps the temperatures 3.46% lower than the Ryzen 7 5700X.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X exceeds the Ryzen 7 5700X in terms of power consumption, demonstrating its improved power efficiency with a remarkable 3.89% lower power utilization.
Ryzen 7 5700X vs Ryzen 5 5600X: Comparison Table
|Processor||Ryzen 7 5700X||Ryzen 5 5600X|
|Architecture||Ryzen 7 (Zen 3)||Ryzen 7 (Zen 3)|
|Processing Node||TSMC 7nm||TSMC 7nm|
|CPU Socket||AMD Socket AM4||AMD Socket AM4|
|Frequency:||3.4 GHz||3.7 GHz|
|Turbo Clock||up to 4.6 GHz||up to 4.6 GHz|
|Memory Type & Speed||DDR4-3200 MHzDual-channel||DDR4-3200 MHzDual-channel|
|Max. Operating Temperature||100°C||100°C|
|L1 Cache||64K (per core)||64K (per core)|
|L2 Cache||512K (per core)||512K (per core)|
|L3 Cache||32MB (shared)||32MB|
|PCIe Express Version||Gen 4, 20 Lanes (CPU only)||Gen 4, 20 Lanes (CPU only)|
|Release Date||Apr 4th, 2022||Nov 5th, 2020|
|Best Motherboards||–||Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X|
|Best RAM||–||Best RAM For Ryzen 5 5600X|
|Best CPU Coolers||–||8 Best CPU Coolers for Ryzen 5 5600X|
- Process Size: AMD’s dedication to providing consumers with cutting-edge processors is demonstrated by the use of cutting-edge 7nm technology in the production of the Ryzen 7 5700X and Ryzen 5 5600X CPUs.
- Clock Speed: The Ryzen 7 5700X has a 3.4 GHz base clock and a 4.6 GHz turbo frequency that it may use as required. Similar to this, the Ryzen 5 5600X ensures fluid multitasking performance by dynamically increasing its clock speed from 3.7 GHz to 4.6 GHz.
- Core Count: The Ryzen 5 5600X provides exceptional multitasking performance due to its 6 cores and 12 threads. The Ryzen 7 5700X, in contrast, offers even more multitasking prowess with its 8 cores and 12 threads.
- Memory: Ryzen 5 5600X and Ryzen 7 5700X both support DDR4-3200 memory, allowing for effective data transfers at rates of up to 3200 MB/s.
- TDP: Both CPUs have a 65W TDP rating, guaranteeing efficient power usage and heat management.
Ryzen 5 5600X Vs Ryzen 7 5700X: Gaming Benchmarks
Now that the specifications are out of the way, let’s dive into the benchmark tests to see how both of these processors perform when put head-to-head with each other.
- CPU 1: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
- CPU 2: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
- GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio
- RAM: G Skill Trident Z Royal 3800 DDR4
- Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk
- Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
- SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500GB
- Power Supply Unit: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000W
- OS: Windows 10
Disclaimer: It is crucial to note that a few external factors may influence the results obtained in this benchmark test. These factors could include temperatures, airflow, background tasks, etcetera. Therefore, taking these results as mere estimations rather than accurate values is recommended.
- With a staggering average frame rate of 155 FPS as opposed to the Ryzen 5 5600X’s 147 FPS, the Ryzen 7 5700X offers more extraordinary performance, resulting in more realistic and visually spectacular gaming experiences.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X consistently outperforms the Ryzen 5 5600X by attaining a phenomenal 1% low frame rate of 113 FPS, exceeding the Ryzen 5 5600X’s 107 FPS.
- Even under strenuous conditions, the Ryzen 5 5600X keeps its average temperature at a pleasant 59°C, only a little lower than the Ryzen 7 5700X’s 64°C.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X thrives in power efficiency, using just around 94W, which is much less than the Ryzen 7 5700X’s predicted power consumption of 95.1W.
Should you upgrade from Ryzen 5 3600 to Ryzen 5 5600X?
Red Dead Redemption 2
- With a fantastic average frame rate of 114 FPS, the Ryzen 7 5700X and Ryzen 5 5600X provide an addictive and thrilling gaming experience.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X displays slightly lower 1% lows at 84 FPS while the Ryzen 7 5700X constantly maintains 85 FPS, guaranteeing dependable and fluid gameplay even in demanding circumstances.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X sustains an average temperature of 64°C, whereas the Ryzen 5 5600X works at a lower temperature of 59°C, demonstrating efficient temperature control.
- In terms of power use, the Ryzen 5 5600X is more energy-efficient than the Ryzen 7 5700X, using just about 91.1W as opposed to 98.9W.
Ghost Wire Tokyo
- The Ryzen 7 5700X provides exceptional performance, outperforming the Ryzen 5 5600X’s remarkable average frame rate of 128 FPS. The Ryzen 7 5700X displays impressive potential with an average frame rate of 134 FPS.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X produces an astounding 71 FPS, demonstrating longevity and dependability while providing slick and reliable performance. The Ryzen 5 5600X, on the other hand, consistently achieves a low frame rate of 68 FPS at 1%.
- With a maximum operating temperature of just 58°C, the Ryzen 5 5600X exhibits outstanding thermal control. A temperature of 60°C is maintained by the Ryzen 7 5700X, demonstrating efficient heat regulation.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X has greater power-saving abilities in terms of energy efficiency, using just about 77.9W. The Ryzen 7 5700X, on the other hand, uses somewhat more power, about 82W.
Also Read: Core i5 12600K vs Ryzen 5 5600X
The Witcher 3
- The Ryzen 7 5700X outperforms its rivals over and over again while showcasing its outstanding capabilities. It achieves an astounding frame rate of 219 FPS. Therefore, the Ryzen 5 5600X runs efficiently at 214 FPS on average.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X demonstrates its superiority with astounding 1% lows, keeping performance constant at 163 frames per second. The Ryzen 7 5700X performs similarly, maintaining a constant frame rate of 162 FPS.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X efficiently lowers the system’s temperature to an acceptable level of 56°C, whereas the Ryzen 5 5600X works at an elevated temperature of 58°C.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X shows off its productivity by using a power supply that is just about 69.5W less powerful. The Ryzen 7 5700X, on the other hand, uses a lot more power—roughly 70.5W.
Guardians Of The Galaxy
- The Ryzen 7 5700X frequently beats the Ryzen 5 5600X, outperforming the latter’s remarkable average frame rate of 131 FPS with an efficiency of 137 FPS.
- When 1% lows are taken into account, the performance disparity expands even further, with the Ryzen 5 5600X maintaining a decent 97 FPS while the Ryzen 7 5700X pushes the envelope with an incredible 106 FPS. This guarantees fluid and reliable gameplay—even in demanding areas in the game.
- The operating temperature for the Ryzen 5 5600X and Ryzen 7 5700X is a noteworthy 57°C.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X uses significant power at 74.3W, whereas the Ryzen 7 5700X consumes an astoundingly low 72.4W, making it stand out as an exceptionally efficient competitor.
- Do you know the Best Gaming PC Under $1000 consists of AMD Ryzen 5 5600X?
- The Ryzen 7 5700X sets itself apart by outperforming the Ryzen 5 5600X’s amazing average frame rate of 270 FPS. The Ryzen 7 5700X leads with an outstanding average frame rate of 287 FPS and provides a top-notch gaming experience.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X beats the Ryzen 5 5600X with an astounding 166 FPS efficiency compared to the Ryzen 5 5600X’s decent 150 FPS when the 1% lows are taken into account.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X maintains a substantially lower temperature of 55°C, demonstrating effective cooling capabilities. As opposed to the Ryzen 5 5600X, the Ryzen 7 5700X has a little higher maximum temperature of 56°C.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X holds the top spot in terms of power consumption, requiring a hefty amount of 71.8W. In contrast, the Ryzen 5 5600X runs at a reduced power consumption of 70.4W, demonstrating its capacity to deliver exceptional performance.
Horizon Zero Dawn
- The Ryzen 7 5700X demonstrates more effectiveness during games, averaging 133 FPS as opposed to the Ryzen 5 5600X’s 131 FPS.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X exceeds the Ryzen 5 5600X in terms of performance reliability, with a higher 1% low frame rate of 99 FPS as opposed to the Ryzen 5 5600X’s 90 FPS.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X and Ryzen 7 5700X both run at a lower temperature of 63°C, indicating less of a chance of overheating and possible performance deterioration.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X exhibits power efficiency, using just about 90.3W, which is considerably less than the Ryzen 7 5700X’s projected 99.6W usage.
Microsoft Flight Simulator
- The impressive average frame rate of 139 FPS obtained by the Ryzen 5 5600X is surpassed by the Ryzen 7 5700X, showcasing exceptional performance. The Ryzen 7 5700X displays its remarkable potential with an astonishing average frame rate of 145 FPS.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X produces an astounding 109 FPS, demonstrating longevity and dependability while providing steady performance. In comparison, the Ryzen 5 5600X consistently delivers 89 frames per second at a low frame rate of 1%.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X excels at controlling temperature, keeping its operating temperature at a comfortable 56°C. A temperature of 57°C is likewise maintained by the Ryzen 7 5700X.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X has extraordinary power-saving abilities in terms of energy efficiency, using just about 52.5W. The Ryzen 7 5700X, on the other hand, uses around 54.4W more power per unit of time.
Also Read: Ryzen 5 5600X vs Ryzen 7 3700X
Overall Gaming Performance
Now that the individual values and figures are out of the way, we’ll show you the averages we obtained for the two CPUs.
Users may determine a CPU’s potential and make educated selections when choosing a CPU for their unique demands as well as efficiency constraints by examining average FPS evaluations.
- With a remarkable average FPS of 165.5, the Ryzen 7 5700X distinguishes out and offers a slicker, more responsive simulation across a variety of apps. With an average FPS of 161, the Ryzen 5 5600X lags 2.75% behind its rival.
- With a 1% lower frame rate of 113.87 FPS, the Ryzen 7 5700X outperforms the Ryzen 5 5600X’s 106 FPS in terms of performance. This shows that the Ryzen 7 5700X provides smoother and consistently excellent gaming experiences, even during challenging and stressful gaming moments.
Since CPUs produce heat while operating, adequate temperature control is essential to avoid excessive warmth, which may harm hardware or degrade effectiveness.
- When temperatures are compared, the Ryzen 7 5700X runs slightly higher at 59.87 degrees. In comparison, the Ryzen 5 5600X works at 57.87 degrees, showcasing a 3.46% temperature drop and having an insignificant edge in temperature control by providing greater thermal efficiency.
The performance and durability of a system are impacted by power consumption. Operating within a CPU’s suggested power restrictions will increase the likelihood that its efficiency will remain steady over time.
- The Ryzen 7 5700X uses somewhat more power (80.58 watts), whilst the Ryzen 5 5600X uses significantly less power (77.5 watts). The Ryzen 5 5600X is hence 3.89% more power-efficient, which might lead to lower energy usage and expense savings.
Pricing And Availability
- The price of the Ryzen 7 5800X ranges from $228 to $300. In contrast, the Ryzen 5 5600X’s price ranges from $162 to $200.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X and Ryzen 7 5700X were unveiled in November 2020 and April 2022, respectively. Given the time they have been made available, both these CPUs still appear to be limited.
Should you upgrade from Ryzen 7 5700X to Ryzen 7 5800X3D?
Ryzen 7 5700X Vs Ryzen 5 5600X: Which One Should You Go For In 2023?
The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X and AMD Ryzen 7 5700X are both decent CPUs, but each has unique attributes that can make one better suited for your particular needs.
- A single core of the Ryzen 7 5700X can run at a maximum boost frequency of 4.6 GHz while operating at a base frequency of 3.4 GHz. It has 16 threads and 8 cores, which makes it very useful for managing workloads that benefit from simultaneous processing.
- Additionally, as compared to the Ryzen 5 5600X, the Ryzen 7 5700X offers better Cinebench R20 (multi) performance, a bigger cache, and a higher PassMark score.
- As an alternative, the Ryzen 5 5600X features a single-core maximum boost frequency of 4.6 GHz and runs at a base clock of 3.7 GHz, exactly like the Ryzen 7 5700X. It is marginally less potent than the Ryzen 7 5700X for jobs that call for intensive multitasking and managing numerous threads at once due to its 6 cores and 12 threads, though.
- However, when it comes to CPU single-threaded rating, the Ryzen 5 5600X scores higher than the Ryzen 7 5700X, indicating higher performance for jobs that predominantly rely on single-threaded processing.
- Similar technology, such as PCIe 4.0, is supported by both CPUs. Refer to the relevant product pages for more detailed information on the supported features.
- The decision between these two CPUs ultimately comes down to your unique needs and financial constraints. The Ryzen 7 5700X could be a better option if you require a CPU for demanding multitasking or heavily loaded applications.
- The Ryzen 5 5600X could be a better option for you if you are on a very tight budget or execute most of your work in single-threaded applications. In any case, we hope our Ryzen 7 5700X vs Ryzen 5 5600X guide was of help to you.
Pros And Cons
|Ryzen 5 5600X||● Low power consumption
● Easy to overclock
|● No integrated GPU
● Fewer cores and threads
|Ryzen 7 5700X||● Greater suitability for demanding applications and multitasking
● Rapid clock rates
|● Higher power consumption
● Not as good for gaming as some other CPUs
The Ryzen 7 5700X is a great option if you are working on productivity-related tasks like video editing or CAD.
The Ryzen 5 5600X is a fantastic option for most games. Even extremely demanding games run flawlessly on it with outstanding performance. However, the Ryzen 7 5700X could run faster if you’re playing extensively multithreaded games like Total War or Cities: Skylines.
A 3-year guarantee is offered for the Ryzen 5 5600X and Ryzen 7 5700X processors. This implies that AMD will provide a replacement if the CPU malfunctions within three years.
To use the Ryzen 5 5600X or Ryzen 7 5700X, you must have a motherboard with an AM4 socket. The ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus and MSI B550M Mortar WiFi are two popular motherboards for these CPUs.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔