The Ryzen 9 7900X3D is one of AMD’s hottest gaming CPUs with the most recent Zen 4 architecture and AM5 socket. In contrast, the Intel Core i9-13900K is among the principal variants of Intel’s latest Raptor Lake generation. In the Ryzen 9 7900X3D vs Core i9-13900K battle, we will analyze the features, productivity skills, and gaming capabilities of the two processors.
- The Core i9-13900K uses an LGA 1700 socket with Intel’s current Raptor Lake architecture, and the Ryzen 9 7900X3D features the AM5 socket and Zen 4 architecture from AMD.
- The gaming performance of AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D is approximately 2% better than the Core i9-13900K.
- Considering power consumption, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D is about 10.3% more power efficient than the Core i9-13900K.
- When gaming, the Core i9-13900K typically maintains a temperature that is 3.4% higher than the Ryzen 9 7900X3D.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X3D offers more value for money. Still, the Core i9-13900K costs $30 to $40 less than the Ryzen 9 7900X3D.
Ryzen 9 7900X3D Vs i9-13900K
|Feature||AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D||Intel Core i9-13900K|
|Architecture||Zen 4||Raptor Lake Hybrid architecture|
|No. of Cores||Total: 12||Performance Cores: 8
Efficiency Cores: 16
Total Cores: 24
|No. of Threads||24||32|
|Base Clock||4.40 GHz||P-core base: 3.00 GHz
E-core base: 2.20 GHz
|Boost Clock||Max Turbo: Up to 5.6GHz||P-core boost: 5.40 GHz
E-core boost: 4.30 GHz
Max Turbo: 5.80 GHz
|Integrated Graphics||AMD Radeon Graphics||Intel UHD Graphics 770|
|iGPU Base Clock||400 MHz||300 MHz|
|iGPU Boost Clock||2200 MHz||1650 MHz|
|iGPU Execution Units||2||32|
|CPU Memory Support||DDR5 only||DDR4 and DDR5|
|Bandwidth||83.2 GB/s||89.6 GB/s|
|L1 Cache||80K (per core)
|64K (per core)
|L2 Cache||1MB (per core)
|2MB (per core)
|L3 Cache||128MB||36MB Intel Smart Cache|
|TDP||120 watts||Base Power: 125 W
Turbo Power: 253 W
|Max Temperature||Up to 89°C||Up to 100°C|
|Thermal Solution||Not Included||Not Included|
|PCI Express Version||5.0||5.0|
|Total PCIe Lanes||28||24|
|Unlocked For Overclocking||Yes||Yes|
|Fabrication Resolution||5nm FinFET at TSMC||10nm|
|I/O Die (IOD) Size||122 mm²||257 mm²|
|Transistors Count||13.1 billion||Unknown|
|Launch Price||$600||$589.00 – $599.00|
|Motherboard||Best Motherboards For Ryzen 9 7900X3D||Best Motherboards For i9-13900K|
|RAM||–||Best RAM For Core i9-13900K|
|Cooler||Best CPU Coolers For Ryzen 9 7900X3D||Best CPU Coolers For Core i9-13900K|
Raptor Lake is based on an improved version of Intel’s 10nm SuperFin process technology, which provides better performance and efficiency when compared to the process technology used in the Alder Lake architecture. Raptor Lake offers more satisfactory data transfer rates than DDR4 and PCIe 4.0 with implementing DDR5 memory and PCIe 5.0.
The Zen 4 microarchitecture’s core computing Die (CCD) and Input/Output Die are manufactured using the 5nm and 6nm nodes, respectively. IPC gain for Zen 4 is 13% greater than for Zen 3. The Zen 4 architecture supports premium features like PCIe Gen 5 and DDR5 memory. AMD’s main goal was performance progress, emphasizing gaming and content creation during Zen 4 architect design.
The Ryzen 9 7900X3D features the first LGA socket of AMD i.e. AM5 (LGA 1718). In contrast, the Intel Core i9-13900K has an FCLGA 1700 socket.
The AM5 (the successor to the AM4) is an AMD flip-chip land grid array CPU socket with zero insertion force. This socket is primarily designed for mainstream, non-enthusiast CPUs. It connects to the motherboard using its 1718 pins to promote cooling and speed up data transfer. The AM5 socket supports advanced technologies like DDR5 memory, Infinity Fabric, PCIe 5.0, Wi-Fi 6E, and others.
The LGA 1700 used in the Core i9-13900K is a flip-chip land grid array socket with negligible insertion force. This socket is the successor to the LGA 1200. To establish touch with the processor’s pads, it has 1700 projecting pins. It is compatible with both DDR4 and DDR5 memories.
In the socket comparison of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D vs Core i9-13900K, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D’s AM5 socket has exceptional performance and is the latest.
The Ryzen 9 7900X3D includes AMD’s Radeon Graphics as its integrated graphics, while the Core i9-13900K has Intel’s UHD Graphics 770.
The Intel UHD Graphics 770 has 32 execution units (EUs) and a top graphics frequency of 1.65 GHz. It supports the eDP/DP/HDMI/DVI and up to three display outputs. Moreover, this iGPU supports the Vulkan 1.2, OpenGL 4.5, and DirectX 12 APIs. The UHD Graphics 770 is a powerful graphics card and can easily handle everyday tasks like online browsing, movie playing, and office productivity software.
AMD Radeon Graphics is well recognized for its tremendous performance and cutting-edge features. One such feature is AMD’s FreeSync technology, which synchronizes a monitor’s refresh rate with the graphics card’s frame rate for a more fluid gaming experience. The Radeon graphics have 2 execution units and a graphics frequency of up to 2200 MHz.
The Ryzen 9 7900X3D supports only DDR5 memory. The Ryzen 9 7900X3D has a beautiful speed of up to 5200 MT/s. Its storage capacity is 128GB, with a memory bandwidth of 83.2 GB/s. The subtype of system memory is UDIMM. The Ryzen 9 7900X3D has 2 memory channels and supports ECC memory (But mobo support is required for ECC memory).
In contrast, the Core i9-13900K supports both DDR4 and DDR5 memories. The maximum memory speed of the Core i9-13900K is up to 5600 MT/s in the case of DDR5, while the maximum is 3200 MT/s for DDR4 memory. Intel Core i9-13900K also has 2 memory channels, and its bandwidth is up to 89.6 GB/s. The Core i9-13900K also supports the ECC memory.
According to the memory specification of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D vs Core i9-13900K, the Core i9-13900K has a better memory performance.
The Core i9-13900K has a max turbo frequency of up to 5.8 GHz, while that of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D is up to 5.6 GHz. The clock speed of Core i9-13900K is different due to the division of its cores. However, there are single base and max clock figures in the case of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D.
The base clock of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D is 4.4 GHz, while it is 3.00 GHz for performance cores of the Intel i9-13900K and 2.20 GHz for efficiency cores. So, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D may take the performance lead in basic operations.
However, the overall maximum clock of the Core i9-13900K is 5.8 GHz, which is 0.2 GHz faster than the 5.6 GHz max clock of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D. The performance cores of Intel i9-13900K have a boost clock of 5.4 GHz, and efficiency cores have a max clock of 4.30 GHz. But the overall max of Core i9-13900K is higher due to Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.
Also Read Ryzen 9 3900X Vs Ryzen 5 5600X.
Here, we’ll look at how the Ryzen 9 7900X3D vs Core i9-13900K performed when tested using software that measures processors’ capabilities. x`
- The single-core performance of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D is 1.64% better than the rival.
- In Geekbench 5, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D achieved 2301 scores in single-core performance, whereas the Core i9-13900K achieved 2264 scores in the same test.
- In the multi-core test, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D scored 24120, while the Core i9-13900K scored 24108 on the same test.
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D’s multi-core performance is 0.05% greater than the Core i9-13900K, according to Geekbench 5, though the difference in multi-core performance is insignificant.
- Thus, the Core i9-13900K’s single-core performance is 1.67% greater than the Ryzen 9 7900X3D, in light of the Cinebench R23.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X3D scored 2207 in single-core speed on Geekbench 5, while the Core i9-13900K scored 2244 on the same test.
- According to Cinebench R23, the Intel Core i9-13900K can perform 15.7% better than the Ryzen 9 7900X3D in multi-core performance.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X3D earned a multi-core score of 33210, while the Core i9-13900K achieved a multi-core score of 38414.
Also Read: Intel i9-13900k Vs Ryzen 9 7900X
Gaming Benchmarks – 1080p
After reviewing their precise specs and productivity performance comparison, let us compare the gaming performance of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D vs Core i9-13900K. All the games were played at 1080p resolution. The system used while playing games had the following specifications.
- OS: Windows 10 pro
- CPU 1: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
- Motherboard 1: MSI MEG X670E ACE
- CPU 2: Intel Core i9 13900K
- Motherboard 2: Asus ROG Strix Z790 – E Gaming
- GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4090 24GB
- RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM
- SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
- HDD: WD Blue 4TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive
- PSU: Corsair RMX series RM1000X 1000 watt
- CPU Cooler: Corsair ICUE H150I Elite
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- The performance of the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D was 2.8% better than the Core i9-13900K in highly intensive Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X3D delivered a superb average of 186 FPS, while the Core i9-13900K produced a 181 FPS average.
- While playing the game, the Core i9-13900K was running at 125.2 watts of power, and the Ryzen 9 7900X3D was running at 109.7 watts.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X3D had a temperature of 63°C during Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, while the gaming temperature of Core i9-13900K was 66°C.
Similar Comparisons: Intel i9-13900k Vs Ryzen 9 7950X
- In Cyberpunk 2077, the Intel Core i9-13900K performed 3.2% better than the Ryzen 9 7900X3D.
- The Core i9-13900K generated an average frame rate of 162 FPS, while the Ryzen 9 7900X3D produced an average of 157 frames per second.
- The Core i9-13900K used 118.3 watts of electricity while playing the game, and the Ryzen 9 7900X3D used 111.8 watts.
- When playing Cyberpunk 2077, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D reached a temperature of 64°C, while the Core i9-13900K reached a temperature of 67°C.
Far Cry 6
- The Ryzen 9 7900X3D performed 2.2% quicker than the Core i9-13900K in Far Cry 6.
- The average frame rate produced by the Core i9-13900K was 181 FPS, while the average frame rate for the Ryzen 9 7900X3D was 185 FPS.
- During the gameplay, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D used 105.1 watts, and the Core i9-13900K used 107.6 watts.
- The Core i9-13900K attained a temperature of 64°C while playing Far Cry 6, whereas the Ryzen 9 7900X3D reached 63°C.
Forza Horizon 5
- The AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D outperformed the Core i9-13900K by 1.85% in Forza Horizon 5.
- The Core i9-13900K generated an average frame rate of 216 FPS, while the Ryzen 9 7900X3D produced an average frame rate of 220 FPS.
- While playing Forza Horizon 5, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D used 109.4 watts, and the Core i9-13900K used 118.9 watts.
- The Core i9-13900K hit a temperature of 67°C, while the Ryzen 9 7900X3D only reached 64°C.
God Of War
- In God Of War, the Core i9-13900K defeated the Ryzen 9 7900X3D by 3.11% more incredible performance.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X3D produced an average frame rate of 225 FPS compared to the Core i9-13900K’s 232 FPS average.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X3D consumed 111.0 watts, whereas the Core i9-13900K used 121.7 watts while playing God Of War.
- During this game, the running temperature of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D and the Core i9-13900K was the same at 66°C.
- In Hitman 3, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D performed 4.3% better than the Core i9-13900K.
- While the Ryzen 9 7900X3D generated an average frame rate of 219 FPS, the Core i9-13900K produced 210 FPS on average.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X3D and Core i9-13900K consumed 114.2 and 127.3 watts, respectively, during Hitman 3.
- The Ryzen 9 7900X3D only managed to achieve 63°C, compared to the Core i9-13900K’s 61°C.
Also Check: Intel i7-13700K Vs Ryzen 9 7900X
Horizon Zero Dawn
- The AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D outperformed the Core i9-13900K by 7.94% in Horizon Zero Dawn.
- The Core i9-13900K provided an average frame rate of 214 FPS, whilst the Ryzen 9 7900X3D produced 231 FPS on average.
- During Horizon Zero Dawn, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D consumed 106.3 watts, while the Core i9-13900K operated at 125.7 watts.
- The Core i9-13900K reached a temperature of 72°C, whereas the Ryzen 9 7900X3D managed to perform at 68°C.
Overall Gaming Analysis
After examining each processor’s performance in individual games separately, let’s compare the overall gameplay stats.
PerformanceThe Ryzen 9 7900X3D established an overall performance lead of 3.9 average FPS or 1.96% over the Core i9-13900K during 1080p games. The overall frame rate of Core i9-13900K during the above-mentioned games was 199.4 FPS. In contrast, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D produced an overall frame rate of 203.3 FPS.
There were 2 games in which the average performance of Core i9-13900K was higher than the Ryzen 9 7900X3D. The Core i9-13900K turned over a greater FPS average in Cyberpunk 2077 and God of War.
However, with its higher average frame rate, the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D performs better than the Core i9-13900K in gaming.
Power EfficiencyThe Ryzen 9 7900X3D is more effective and consumes less power in terms of power consumption. The Core i9-13900K ran at 120.7 W of power throughout the game tests, while the Ryzen 9 7900X3D consumed 109.6 W. Owing to its 10.13% greater power efficiency, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D is a better option for those on a lower budget.
Read our guide on Gaming PC Power Usage: How Much Is Required?
Thermal EfficiencyThe Ryzen 9 7900X3D maintained an average temperature throughout gaming tests that were 2.2 degrees lower than the Intel Core i9-13900K. The Core i9-13900K ran at an average temperature of 66.6°C, compared to the Ryzen 9 7900X3D’s 64.4°C temperature.
Considering the maximum operating temperature, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D can run at as high as 89 degrees, whereas the Core i9-13900K can operate at a maximum temperature of 100 degrees. In terms of thermal efficiency, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D outperformed the Core i9-13900K in the games mentioned above by proving itself 3.4% more effective.
Also Read: How To Lower CPU Temperature?
Price And Availability
When choosing a processor, price and accessibility are crucial factors to take into account. AMD set the pricing of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D at $600 at its launch time. The Core i9-13900K (the top and most expensive model of Intel’s latest Raptor Lake generation) was launched with an MSRP of $589 to $599. According to the MSRP, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D and Core i9-13900K cost the same.
The prices of processors usually vary with time and market demands. And the Core i9-13900K is currently $30 to $40 cheaper than the original MSRP, while the Ryzen 9 7900X3D, due to its high demand and status as AMD’s most current processor, is still priced at about $600.
Considering the availability and after-market sales, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D and Core i9-13900K are readily available in online and offline markets. These processors are available from the leading online shops of relevant companies and other retailers like Amazon, eBay, and AliExpress.
Which One Should You Go For?
Before recommending any particular processor to you, it would be wise to briefly highlight the important features and performance of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D vs Core i9-13900K. The Core i9-13900K features 24 cores and 32 threads, while the Ryzen 9 7900X3D has 12 cores and 24 threads.
The Intel Core i9-13900K has a significantly higher turbo clock of up to 5.8 GHz for increased operational speed compared to the 5.6 GHz max clock of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D.
Considering the integrated graphics, the clock frequency of Core i9-13900K’s iGPU is 550 MHz less than that of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D. The lack of support for DDR4 memory is an opposing point of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D.
The gaming performance of the Ryzen 9 7900X3D is about 2% more promising than that of the Core i9-13900K. The Ryzen 9 7900X3D is also more efficient than the Core i9-13900K in gaming power and thermal performance.
After comparing the features and capabilities of the two processors, let us suggest which is better for you. If you want to buy a processor for gaming use, then we suggest you choose the Ryzen 9 7900X3D because of its exceptional gaming performance and AMD’s primary focus on gaming.
However, if you need a processor for routine use and other demanding activities, the Core i9-13900K would be a better option because of its greater number of cores and threads.
The Core i9-13900K has 12 more cores and 12 more threads than the Ryzen 9 7900X3D. The Ryzen 9 7900X3D’s gaming performance is around 2% more profitable than the Core i9-13900K. The suggested retail prices for the Ryzen 9 7900X3D and the Core i9-13900K at their launch times were about $600. However, the price of the Core i9-13900K has been reduced by $30 to $40 now. The Core i9-13900K consumes more power. The Ryzen 9 7900X3D has 10.13% more efficient power usage. Yes, both processors have integrated graphics. The Core i9-13900K has Intel’s UHD Graphics 770, and the Ryzen 9 7900X3D has AMD Radeon graphics.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Core i9-13900K has 12 more cores and 12 more threads than the Ryzen 9 7900X3D.
The Ryzen 9 7900X3D’s gaming performance is around 2% more profitable than the Core i9-13900K.
The suggested retail prices for the Ryzen 9 7900X3D and the Core i9-13900K at their launch times were about $600. However, the price of the Core i9-13900K has been reduced by $30 to $40 now.
The Core i9-13900K consumes more power. The Ryzen 9 7900X3D has 10.13% more efficient power usage.
Yes, both processors have integrated graphics. The Core i9-13900K has Intel’s UHD Graphics 770, and the Ryzen 9 7900X3D has AMD Radeon graphics.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
Abdemanaf is a skilled creative writer who has been honing his craft since 2011. While initially working in different fields, he found a passion for technology and has been exploring the tech world since early 2015. Over the years, he has developed an in-depth knowledge of the latest tech trends and product offerings by various companies.
Abdemanaf’s writing reflects his analytical mindset and ability to think critically. He has a knack for breaking down complex technical information into easily digestible pieces, making his articles engaging and accessible to readers from all backgrounds. In February 2022, he joined Tech4Gamers as a blog and product comparison writer, where he has been able to hone his skills further.
As a writer, Abdemanaf is dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest technological advancements and trends, enabling him to provide readers with the most relevant and accurate information. He is always eager to learn more and is constantly seeking new challenges to improve his skills.
Get In Touch: [email protected]