In this article, we will delve into the fierce competition between two powerful graphics cards, NVIDIA’s RTX 4060 vs RX 6700 from AMD. As gaming enthusiasts, we are always eager to explore these GPUs’ performance capabilities and benchmark results to gauge the performance differences and determine which one reigns supreme.
- In this epic clash, the RTX 4060 vs RX 6700 showcase their cutting-edge architectures, with the former leveraging the groundbreaking Ada Lovelace and the latter armed with the formidable RDNA 2.0.
- In the realm of gaming, the RX 6700 steals the spotlight, boasting an impressive 7.7% advantage in average FPS over the RTX 4060.
- Turning our attention to power consumption, the RTX 4060 emerges as the victor, showcasing a remarkable 20.3% lower average power consumption than the RX 6700.
- When it comes to thermal management, the RTX 4060’s advanced cooling solutions ensure optimal temperature control, surpassing the RX 6700 with a notable 2.3% lead.
|Technical Specs||Radeon RX 6700||GeForce RTX 4060|
|GPU Name||Navi 22||AD106|
|Architecture||RDNA 2.0||Ada Lovelace|
|Transistors||17,200 million||22,900 million|
|Base Clock||1941 MHz||1830 MHz|
|Boost Clock||2174 MHz||2535 MHz|
|L1 Cache||128 KB per Array||128 KB (per SM)|
|L2 Cache||3 MB||24 MB|
|Memory Bus Width||160 bit||128 bit|
|Memory Bandwidth||320.0 GB/s||288.0 GB/s|
|Release Date||Jun 9th, 2021||June 29th, 2023|
|Approximate Price||260 USD||299 USD|
|Best Variants||–||Best RTX 4060|
- Process Node: In the arena of GPU manufacturing technology, the RTX 4060 seizes the advantage with its cutting-edge 5nm process size, surpassing the RX 6700’s 7nm process.
- Clock Speed: Looking closer at clock speeds, the RX 6700 shows its prowess with a 1941 MHz base clock and a 2174 MHz boost clock. While the RTX 4060 stands with a base clock of 1830 MHz and a boost clock of 2535 MHz
- VRAM: Adding to its arsenal, the RX 6700 boasts an abundant 10GB of GDDR6 VRAM, offering a decent upgrade over the RTX 4060’s 8GB GDDR6 VRAM.
- TDP: Digging into their thermal designs, we observe a noticeable contrast between the two GPUs. The RTX 4060 boasts a higher TDP of 200W, while the RX 6700 takes pride in its more efficient operation, drawing only 175W.
- Supported Technologies: In the realm of graphics enhancement, the RTX 4060 uses DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling), while the RX 6700 incorporates FSR (FidelityFX Super Resolution).
Also Read: RX 6700 Vs RTX 3060
RTX 4060 Vs RX 6700: Gaming Benchmarks
Prepare to be captivated by an epic clash of gaming giants as the groundbreaking RTX 4060 and the acclaimed RX 6700 go head-to-head. Embarking on an exhilarating journey, we explore the untapped potential of these formidable GPUs, pushing their limits through rigorous testing and meticulous analysis of performance benchmarks.
Here are the specs of the testing rig:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3D
- Motherboard: Aorus B650 Elite AX
- CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X73 RGB
- Memory: G Skill Trident Z RGB 32gb CL36 DDR5 6000 MHz
- Power Supply: Seasonic PX-850 Platinum
- Storage Drive: Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
In our analysis, we will be exploring their average FPS, 1% low frame rates, power consumption, and thermal efficiency at 1080p resolution, revealing the true gaming capabilities of these powerful graphics cards.
Note: As we venture into the realm of benchmark results, it’s crucial to recognize the intricate web of factors influencing gaming performance. While benchmarks provide valuable data, we should also consider the role of the latest driver updates, software patches, and even the synergy between hardware components, such as the CPU, GPU, and RAM.
Without further delay, let’s dive right in and begin the RTX 4060 Vs RX 6700 gaming benchmarks!
- Notably, the RX 6700 maintains a slight 2.1% lead in average FPS performance, achieving 139 FPS compared to the RTX 4060’s 136 FPS.
- In a remarkable showdown, the RTX 4060 showcases superior temperature control with a 5% advantage, operating at an average thermal of 58°C compared to the RX 6700’s 61°C.
- The RTX 4060 impressively consumes just 106W, showcasing a notable 25.5% power efficiency advantage over the RX 6700’s 137W.
- The RTX 4060 impressively outperforms the RX 6700 with a significant 60.1% difference in 1% low performance, achieving 93 FPS compared to the RX 6700’s 50 FPS.
A Plague Tale: Requiem
- Impressively, the RX 6700 outperforms the RTX 4060 with a remarkable 5.9% advantage in average FPS performance, delivering 69 FPS compared to 65 FPS.
- Surprisingly, the RTX 4060 achieves a 4.9% lead in temperature control, showcasing an average thermal of 59°C, while the RX 6700 operates at 62°C.
- With a mere 116W power consumption, the RTX 4060 outperforms the RX 6700, which consumes 138W, resulting in a 17.3% difference in power efficiency.
- With a minor difference of 3.7%, the RTX 4060 exhibits a slightly lower 1% low performance at 53 FPS, while the RX 6700 maintains a stable 55 FPS.
The Last Of Us Part 1
- With a 5% lead in average FPS performance, the RX 6700 surpasses the RTX 4060, offering 61 FPS against 58 FPS.
- With a slight 1.7% advantage in temperature control, the RTX 4060 operates at an average thermal of 58°C, outperforming the RX 6700’s 59°C.
- The RTX 4060 demonstrates remarkable power efficiency, consuming 107W, giving it a 25.3% advantage over the RX 6700, which consumes 138W.
- Demonstrating an 8.16% difference, the RTX 4060 delivers a competitive 1% low performance at 47 FPS, while the RX 6700 shows a slightly better performance at 51 FPS.
- The RX 6700 excels with a 5.2% advantage in average FPS performance, outmatching the RTX 4060 by delivering 78 FPS compared to 74 FPS.
- The RTX 4060 demonstrates better temperature management, maintaining a 3.3% lead with an average thermal of 59°C, compared to the RX 6700’s 61°C.
- Outshining the RX 6700’s 137W power consumption, the RTX 4060 operates at 114W, exhibiting an 18.3% advantage in power efficiency.
- The RTX 4060 experiences a substantial 19.5% lower 1% low performance, achieving 37 FPS, while the RX 6700 remains more competitive at 45 FPS.
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
- Sporting a 4.5% lead in average FPS performance, the RX 6700 achieves 68 FPS, overshadowing the RTX 4060, which manages 65 FPS.
- With a mere 1.6% difference, the RTX 4060 operates at an average thermal of 59°C, while the RX 6700 operates slightly warmer at 60°C.
- The RTX 4060 excels in power efficiency, consuming only 118W, surpassing the RX 6700’s consumption of 138W by 15.6%.
- Displaying a notable difference of 10.3%, the RTX 4060 showcases a lower 1% low performance at 46 FPS, while the RX 6700 maintains a slightly higher performance at 51 FPS.
Resident Evil 4 Remake
- The RX 6700 proves its prowess with a 2.7% lead in average FPS performance, reaching 109 FPS, while the RTX 4060 falls slightly behind at 106 FPS.
- The RTX 4060 maintains a minimal 1.6% advantage in temperature control, registering an average thermal of 62°C, while the RX 6700 follows closely at 63°C.
- With 113W power consumption, the RTX 4060 achieves a 19.2% power efficiency advantage over the RX 6700’s 137W.
- With a negligible difference of 3.9%, the RTX 4060 experiences a slightly lower 1% low performance at 74 FPS, while the RX 6700 demonstrates a marginally better performance at 77 FPS.
God Of War
- With an impressive 13.6% lead in average FPS performance, the RX 6700 achieves 86 FPS, overshadowing the RTX 4060, which only manages 75 FPS.
- Displaying consistent thermal performance, the RTX 4060 and RX 6700 both operate at an average thermal of 60°C and 61°C, respectively, with a negligible 1.6% difference.
- The RTX 4060 operates at 115W, showcasing a 17.4% power efficiency advantage over the RX 6700’s 137W consumption.
- Highlighting an 11.5% difference, the RTX 4060 exhibits a lower 1% low performance at 65 FPS, while the RX 6700 maintains a more stable 73 FPS.
- The RX 6700 maintains a 1.9% lead in average FPS performance, achieving 106 FPS compared to the RTX 4060’s 104 FPS.
- The RTX 4060 boasts a 3.4% lead in temperature control, operating at an average thermal of 57°C, while the RX 6700 lags slightly at 59°C.
- Consuming 109W, the RTX 4060 presents a 22.7% power efficiency advantage over the RX 6700, which consumes 137W.
- The RTX 4060 experiences a slightly 2.6% lower 1% low performance at 75 FPS, while the RX 6700 demonstrates a slightly better performance at 77 FPS.
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Surging ahead with an 18.9% lead in average FPS performance, the RX 6700 reaches 104 FPS, while the RTX 4060 lags at 86 FPS.
- In a significant difference, the RTX 4060 outperforms the RX 6700 by 5.4% in temperature control, operating at an average thermal of 54°C vs 57°C.
- The RTX 4060 displays outstanding power efficiency at 105W, offering an impressive 27.1% advantage over the RX 6700’s 138W consumption.
- With a significant difference of 38.8%, the RTX 4060 showcases a remarkably lower 1% low performance at 54 FPS, while the RX 6700 maintains a much higher performance at 80 FPS.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- With a 2.4% lead in average FPS performance, the RX 6700 achieves 83 FPS, surpassing the RTX 4060, which manages 81 FPS.
- With only a 1.7% difference in temperature, the RTX 4060 maintains an average thermal of 58°C, while the RX 6700 operates at 59°C.
- With a power consumption of 116W vs 137W, the RTX 4060 outperforms the RX 6700 by 16.6% in terms of power efficiency.
- Displaying a marginal difference of 6.1%, the RTX 4060 exhibits a slightly lower 1% low performance at 63 FPS, while the RX 6700 demonstrates a comparable performance at 67 FPS.
The Witcher 3 Next Gen
- The RX 6700 outperforms the RTX 4060 with a 2.6% advantage in average FPS performance, delivering 77 FPS compared to 75 FPS.
- The RX 6700 delivers superior temperature management with a 5.1% advantage, operating at an average thermal of 57°C, while the RTX 4060 lags at 60°C.
- The RTX 4060 showcases a commendable power efficiency advantage of 19% as it consumes 114W, while the RX 6700 consumes 138W.
- Showcasing a substantial difference of 22.2%, the RTX 4060 exhibits a lower 1% low performance at 56 FPS, while the RX 6700 maintains a more competitive 70 FPS.
- Demonstrating its dominance, the RX 6700 showcases an impressive 16.5% lead in average FPS performance, achieving 190 FPS, while the RTX 4060 falls behind at 161 FPS.
- Remarkably, the RTX 4060 and RX 6700 exhibit minimal temperature differences, operating at an average thermal of 59°C and 60°C, respectively, with a mere 1.6% distinction.
- Consuming only 112W, the RTX 4060 exhibits a noteworthy 20% power efficiency advantage over the RX 6700’s 137W consumption.
- The RTX 4060 experiences a significant 34.3% lower 1% low performance at 94 FPS, while the RX 6700 demonstrates a notably higher performance at 133 FPS.
Forza Horizon 5
- With a remarkable 10.5% lead in average FPS performance, the RX 6700 establishes its dominance, delivering an impressive 110 FPS, while the RTX 4060 trails behind at 99 FPS.
- In terms of thermal management, both the RTX 4060 and RX 6700 exhibit exceptional performance, operating at average temperatures of 56°C and 58°C, respectively, with only a slight 3.5% difference.
- When it comes to power consumption, the RTX 4060 shines with its remarkable efficiency, consuming a mere 106W, showcasing a substantial 20.3% advantage over the RX 6700’s 130W consumption.
- Furthermore, in the realm of 1% low performance, the RTX 4060 experiences a notable 4.5% disadvantage, achieving 85 FPS, while the RX 6700 demonstrates a significantly higher performance of 89 FPS.
Overall Gaming Performance
When it comes to overall gaming performance, the key lies in understanding how the GPUs fare in real-world scenarios. Beyond raw specifications, benchmarks are invaluable in evaluating their gaming prowess. So, let’s dive into the comprehensive benchmark results.
- In the ultimate gaming showdown, the RX 6700 effortlessly outshines the RTX 4060, delivering exceptional gaming performance that leaves its competitor in the dust.
- With an impressive average FPS of 98.4, the RX 6700 takes the lead in the gaming benchmarks, leaving the RTX 4060 far behind with a meager 91.1 FPS.
- The RX 6700 reigns supreme in the realm of gaming excellence, boasting a remarkable 7.7% advantage in FPS performance over the RTX 4060, solidifying its position as the superior choice for avid gamers.
Similar Read: Radeon RX 7600 Vs RX 6700
Average Power Consumption
In the realm of power consumption, understanding how much energy these GPUs utilize during intensive gaming sessions is crucial. By exploring the benchmark results, we can gain valuable insights into their efficiency and environmental impact.
- As the gaming spectacle unfolds, the RTX 4060 emerges as a dominant force in the realm of power efficiency, effortlessly outshining the RX 6700 across a myriad of games.
- In the realm of power management, the RTX 4060 exhibits exemplary performance, boasting an average power consumption of 111.6W, while its counterpart, the RX 6700, struggles with a higher average of 136.8W.
- The power consumption battle reaches its conclusion, with the RTX 4060 firmly establishing its supremacy, boasting an impressive 20.3% lead in energy efficiency over the RX 6700.
Average Thermal Statistics
Venturing into thermal statistics, we delve into the world of temperature management to assess how well these GPUs handle heat during intense gaming scenarios. We can gain vital information about their cooling efficiency and overall thermal performance by examining the benchmark results.
- Amidst the rigorous thermal performance assessment, the RTX 4060 emerges as the victor, displaying its mastery in temperature control compared to the RX 6700.
- With a notable 1.4°C lead in thermal management, the RTX 4060 maintains a commendable temperature of 58.3°C, overshadowing the RX 6700’s recorded temperature of 59.7°C.
- Concluding our comprehensive evaluation, the RTX 4060 secures its thermal superiority with a significant 2.3% advantage over the RX 6700, solidifying its position as the unrivaled champion in efficient heat dissipation.
Pricing And Availability
In the realm of pricing and accessibility, both the RTX 4060 and RX 6700 cater to diverse consumer preferences. The RX 6700, as the elder statesman, boasts an attractive advantage with its more budget-friendly price point of around 260 USD on platforms like Newegg and Best Buy, making it an enticing option for thrifty gamers.
On the other end, the RTX 4060 showcases its worth by offering enhanced performance capabilities and cutting-edge features, justifying its higher MSRP of approximately 299 USD. This 13.9% premium price tag opens the door to an elevated gaming experience for enthusiasts seeking top-tier graphics and features.
However, the story doesn’t end there. As a newcomer, the RTX 4060 may face initial challenges with availability due to high demand, creating a potential hurdle for gamers eager to get their hands on the latest GPU. In contrast, the RX 6700, with its established presence, enjoys wider accessibility across retail channels, providing a smoother and more accessible purchase experience.
RX 6700 Vs RTX 4060: Which One To Go For?
- In the dynamic realm of gaming GPUs, the RX 6700 rises to the occasion, offering a compelling 13.9% cost advantage over the RTX 4060 while also displaying a remarkable 7.7% lead in average FPS.
- On the other hand, the RTX 4060 makes its mark with impressive power efficiency, boasting a 20.3% lower power consumption and 2.3% cooler temperatures than the RX 6700.
- After a comprehensive analysis, the RX 6700 emerges as the clear winner, surpassing the RTX 4060 in affordability and performance, though the RTX 4060 showcases its power efficiency and thermal management strengths.
Pros And Cons
|GeForce RTX 4060||
|Radeon RX 6700||
The RX 6700 showcases superior gaming performance, with a notable 7.7% lead in average FPS compared to the RTX 4060.
The RTX 4060 boasts a remarkable 20.3% power efficiency advantage over the RX 6700
Both GPUs perform well in thermal management, with only a slight 2.3% difference in favor of RTX 4060 in average temperatures
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
Abdemanaf is a skilled creative writer who has been honing his craft since 2011. While initially working in different fields, he found a passion for technology and has been exploring the tech world since early 2015. Over the years, he has developed an in-depth knowledge of the latest tech trends and product offerings by various companies.
Abdemanaf’s writing reflects his analytical mindset and ability to think critically. He has a knack for breaking down complex technical information into easily digestible pieces, making his articles engaging and accessible to readers from all backgrounds. In February 2022, he joined Tech4Gamers as a blog and product comparison writer, where he has been able to hone his skills further.
As a writer, Abdemanaf is dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest technological advancements and trends, enabling him to provide readers with the most relevant and accurate information. He is always eager to learn more and is constantly seeking new challenges to improve his skills.
Get In Touch: [email protected]