In this article, we delve into a captivating face-off between the RTX 4060 vs GTX 1060, its predecessor, to witness the remarkable advancements in performance and benchmarks. Join us as we explore how NVIDIA’s latest GPU has evolved from its budget-friendly ancestor of the old GTX 1000 series, shaping the gaming landscape for enthusiasts.
- Harnessing the prowess of its cutting-edge Ada Lovelace architecture, the RTX 4060 effortlessly outshines its predecessor, the GTX 1060, which relies on the older Pascal architecture.
- In addition, the RTX 4060 secures its gaming throne by boasting an extraordinary 63% lead in average FPS performance when pitted against the GTX 1060.
- Moreover, amidst the gaming fray, the RTX 4060 emerges as a power-efficient champion, edging past the GTX 1060 with a noteworthy 4.3% lead in energy efficiency.
- As we delve into thermal management, the GTX 1060 proves its mettle by maintaining a commendable 3.7% temperature advantage compared to the RTX 4060.
|Technical Specs||GeForce GTX 1060||GeForce RTX 4060|
|Transistors||4,400 million||22,900 million|
|Base Clock||1506 MHz||1830 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1709 MHz||2535 MHz|
|L1 Cache||48 KB (per SM)||128 KB (per SM)|
|L2 Cache||1536 KB||24 MB|
|Memory Bus Width||192 bit||128 bit|
|Memory Bandwidth||192.2 GB/s||288.0 GB/s|
|Release Date||Jul 19th, 2016||June 29th, 2023|
|Approximate Price||150 USD||299 USD|
|Best Variants||–||Best RTX 4060|
- Process Node: Within the domain of GPU manufacturing technology, the GTX 1060 flaunts a 16nm process size, while the RTX 4060 takes a stride forward with an even more cutting-edge 5nm process size.
- Clock Speed: Furthermore, the GTX 1060 boasts respectable speeds of 1506 MHz base and 1709 MHz boost. In contrast, the RTX 4060 leads the pack with higher frequencies of 1830 MHz base and a 2535 MHz boost.
- VRAM: Moreover, the RTX 4060 impresses with its generous 8GB GDDR6 VRAM, a substantial upgrade compared to the GTX 1060’s 6GB GDDR5 VRAM.
- TDP: In terms of thermal design, the RTX 4060 takes a leap forward with its higher TDP of 200W, setting it apart from the GTX 1060, which maintains a more efficient power consumption of 120W.
- Supported Technologies: Notably, both the RTX 4060 and GTX 1060 utilize DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) technology, a cutting-edge feature that enhances gaming performance through advanced upscaling techniques.
RTX 4060 Vs GTX 1060: Gaming Benchmarks
Prepare for an exhilarating clash as we enter the gaming arena, pitting the mighty RTX 4060 against the revered GTX 1060. With an array of rigorous gaming benchmarks and meticulous analysis, we delve deep into their performance capabilities, uncovering the true gaming potential of these formidable GPUs.
Here are the specs of the testing rig:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- Motherboard: MSI X570 A Pro Gaming
- CPU Cooler: AIO MarsGaming ML-ONE360 Black
- Memory: Crucial RAM 32 GB (4×8) DDR4 Dual Channel 3600 Mhz CL 16
- Power Supply: Gigabyte P850GM 850W
- Storage Drive: Samsung SSD 970 Evo
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Going into the gaming benchmarks, we delve deep into the critical performance metrics of the RTX 4060 and GTX 1060. With a keen focus on average FPS, 1% low frame rates, power consumption, and thermal efficiency at 1080p resolution, we can learn more about these powerful GPUs’ performance.
Note: As we embark on this journey through the benchmark results, we must remember that gaming performance is a multi-faceted realm influenced by various factors. While the benchmarks provide valuable insights, we must also consider the significance of system configurations, game optimizations, and even ambient room temperature.
Without any further waiting, let’s get started!
- Impressively, the RTX 4060 showcases a significant 82.1% advantage over the GTX 1060 in average FPS performance, boasting 206 FPS compared to the GTX 1060’s 86 FPS.
- Remarkably, the GTX 1060 maintains an impressive 7.5% advantage in thermal performance, operating at an average temperature of 64°C while the RTX 4060 reaches 69°C.
- The RTX 4060 draws a mere 114.2W, demonstrating superior energy efficiency, outshining the GTX 1060’s 118.7W by a significant 3.8%, ensuring gamers can indulge in extended gaming sessions.
- In a staggering difference, the GTX 1060 lags behind with a significant 1% low performance of 60, while the RTX 4060 maintains a commendable 1% low of 59, resulting in a marginal 1.6% advantage for the latter.
- The RTX 4060 takes the lead with a remarkable 75.4% advantage over the GTX 1060 in average FPS, achieving 146 FPS, while the GTX 1060 falls short at 66 FPS.
- Moreover, the GTX 1060 demonstrates superior temperature management with a slight 1.5% lead, maintaining an average thermal of 65°C compared to the RTX 4060’s 66°C.
- The GeForce RTX 4060 showcases its prowess with a power consumption of 103.7W, edging past the GTX 1060’s 104.6W by a mere 0.8%. Allowing the RTX 4060 to strike the perfect balance between performance and power.
- Showcasing its gaming prowess, the RTX 4060 impresses with a stable 1% low performance of 71 FPS, leaving the GTX 1060 far behind with a meager 1% low of 43 FPS, leading to a remarkable 49.1% difference.
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
- Surpassing expectations, the RTX 4060 outperforms the GTX 1060 by an astonishing 91.7%, reaching 62 FPS, while the GTX 1060 lags behind at 23 FPS in average FPS performance.
- In a close battle of thermal efficiency, the GTX 1060 maintains a minimal 1.5% advantage, operating at an average temperature of 65°C while the RTX 4060 matches closely at 66°C.
- The RTX 4060 operates at 111.1W, boasting impressive power optimization, surpassing the GTX 1060’s 117.9W by a remarkable 5.9%. The energy-efficient performance ensures not only smoother gaming but cost savings.
- Furthermore, the GTX 1060 struggles to maintain a satisfactory 1% low performance of 48 FPS, while the RTX 4060 outshines with an impressive 1% low of 18 FPS, resulting in a remarkable 90.9% advantage.
- With a substantial 80% lead in average FPS performance, the RTX 4060 delivers 182 FPS, leaving the GTX 1060 at 78 FPS in its wake.
- The GTX 1060 exhibits superior thermal control with a mere 1.5% advantage, reaching an average temperature of 65°C compared to the RTX 4060’s 66°C.
- With remarkable energy-saving capabilities, the RTX 4060 humbly consumes 106.5W, outperforming the GTX 1060’s 110.9W by 4%. This power-efficient design is a testament to the latest technological advancements.
- In stunning contrast, the GTX 1060 falls short with an abysmal 1% low performance of 8 FPS, while the RTX 4060 showcases its dominance with an astonishing 1% low of 112 FPS, creating an astounding 173.3% difference.
Sons Of The Forest
- Notably, the RTX 4060 showcases a 64.2% advantage over the GTX 1060, delivering 72 FPS, while the GTX 1060 manages only 37 FPS in average FPS performance.
- With an impressive 14.6% lead in thermal performance, the GTX 1060 operates at an average temperature of 57°C, outshining the RTX 4060 at 66°C.
- The RTX 4060 consumes a mere 109.4W, emphasizing its power-saving prowess, leaving the GTX 1060’s 122.5W far behind with an impressive 11.2% advantage, ensuring the RTX 4060 remains cool under pressure.
- Using a noticeable disparity, the GTX 1060 struggles with a modest 1% low performance of 23 FPS, while the RTX 4060 maintains a respectable 1% low of 11 FPS, leading to a 70.5%.
Call Of Duty Warzone 2
- The RTX 4060 stands out with an impressive 100.8% lead over the GTX 1060, reaching 88 FPS, while the GTX 1060 trails at 29 FPS in average FPS performance.
- Notably, the GTX 1060 showcases a marginal 1.5% advantage in thermal efficiency, maintaining an average temperature of 65°C while the RTX 4060 matches closely at 66°C.
- Operating with exceptional efficiency, the RTX 4060 draws 104.6W, slightly ahead of the GTX 1060’s 105.4W by 0.7%. This minor yet notable difference in power consumption highlights the efficiency of the RTX 4060.
- The GTX 1060 experiences a modest 1% low performance of 44 FPS, whereas the RTX 4060 shines with a solid 1% low of 19 FPS, resulting in an impressive 79.3% advantage for the latter.
- Demonstrating its prowess, the RTX 4060 maintains an 83% lead over the GTX 1060 in average FPS performance, achieving 75 FPS compared to the GTX 1060’s 31 FPS.
- The GTX 1060 proves its thermal prowess with a 4.5% lead, operating at an average temperature of 64°C while the RTX 4060 reaches 67°C.
- Moreover, the RTX 4060 boasts a commendable power consumption of 113.2W, while the GTX 1060 draws 114.9W, resulting in a 1.4% advantage for the former.
- Highlighting the disparity, the GTX 1060 struggles with a subpar 1% low performance of 47 FPS, while the RTX 4060 maintains a commendable 1% low of 18 FPS, creating a substantial difference of 89.23%.
- Firstly, showing a remarkable 36.6% advantage, the RTX 4060 reaches 439 FPS, leaving the GTX 1060 far behind at 303 FPS in average FPS performance.
- Demonstrating its efficient thermal design, the GTX 1060 maintains a slight 1.6% advantage, operating at an average temperature of 59°C compared to the RTX 4060’s 60°C.
- With impressive energy efficiency, the RTX 4060 consumes a modest 93.7W, surpassing the GTX 1060’s 101.5W by a remarkable 7.9%, allowing the energy-saving capability to translate to potential cost savings for users.
- Using a solid 1% low performance of 191 FPS, the RTX 4060 surpasses the GTX 1060’s 1% low of 167 FPS by 13.4%.
ARK Survival Evolved
- The RTX 4060 surpasses the GTX 1060 by 54.5%, delivering 98 FPS compared to the GTX 1060’s 56 FPS in average FPS performance.
- Furthermore, the GTX 1060 showcases impressive thermal management with a minimal 1.5% lead, reaching an average temperature of 64°C, while the RTX 4060 operates at 65°C.
- Similarly, the RTX 4060 demonstrates its power-saving prowess, consuming only 113.5W, while the GTX 1060 draws 117.9W, resulting in a 3.8% advantage, ensuring longer gaming sessions with reduced strain on the system.
- The GTX 1060 struggles with a modest 1% low performance of 41 FPS, while the RTX 4060 delivers a remarkable 1% low of 12 FPS, leading to a substantial 109.4% difference.
Grand Theft Auto V
- In an impressive display of power, the RTX 4060 boasts a significant 56.2% advantage over the GTX 1060, achieving 82 FPS, while the GTX 1060 falls short at 46 FPS in average FPS performance.
- In a close contest, the GTX 1060 demonstrates efficient temperature control with a slight 1.6% advantage, operating at an average temperature of 62°C while the RTX 4060 reaches 63°C.
- Exhibiting remarkable energy optimization, the RTX 4060 draws a mere 102.4W, outperforming the GTX 1060’s 106.2W by 3.6%.
- Showcasing its gaming prowess, the RTX 4060 impresses with a stable 1% low performance of 62 FPS, leaving the GTX 1060 behind with a modest 1% low of 37 FPS, showing a notable 50.5% difference.
Overall Gaming Performance
After subjecting both GPUs to an extensive battery of gaming benchmarks, it’s time to gauge their overall gaming performance. The following key metrics will shed light on how the RTX 4060 and GTX 1060 stack up against each other in real-world gaming scenarios.
- As the gaming showdown begins, the GTX 1060 and RTX 4060 find themselves in a one-sided competition, where the latter takes the spotlight, showcasing its remarkable gaming performance across various titles.
- According to the results of the gaming benchmarks, the RTX 4060 takes the crown with its outstanding average FPS of 145, leaving the GTX 1060 trailing behind at a mere 75.5 FPS.
- Finally, in the arena of gaming excellence, where the RTX 4060 asserts its dominance with a staggering 63% advantage in FPS performance over the GTX 1060.
Average Power Consumption
As we venture into the realm of power consumption, it becomes crucial to examine how the RTX 4060 and GTX 1060 handle energy demands during intense gaming sessions. We will now shed light on their average power consumption figures, comprehensively understanding their efficiency levels.
- With constant precision, the RTX 4060 strides into the power efficiency arena, confidently claiming its throne as the reigning champion over the GTX 1060 across multiple games.
- Moreover, the RTX 4060 showcased exceptional power management, with an average of 107.2W, while the GTX 1060 recorded a higher average power consumption of 112W.
- As we conclude the power consumption comparison, the RTX 4060 firmly establishes its dominance, impressively leading with a 4.3% advantage over the GTX 1060 in energy efficiency.
Average Thermal Statistics
In the realm of thermal management, understanding how GPUs handle heat is vital for assessing their overall performance. We will now dive into the average thermal statistics of the RTX 4060 and GTX 1060 during rigorous gaming sessions.
- In the rigorous and thorough evaluation of thermal performance, the GTX 1060 managed to take the lead, exhibiting superior temperature control compared to the RTX 4060.
- In thermal management, the GTX 1060 took the lead with a 2.4°C advantage over the RTX 4060. It maintained a cool 63°C during our tests, while the RTX 4060 reached 65.4°C.
- Concluding our assessment, the GTX 1060 emerges as the undeniable winner, flaunting its thermal superiority with an impressive 3.7% lead over the RTX 4060.
Pricing And Availability
The price and availability of the RTX 4060 and GTX 1060 play pivotal roles in shaping consumers’ choices between these two graphics cards. The GTX 1060, being an older model, often comes with attractive discounts, making it an appealing option for budget-conscious gamers, with a price point of around 150 USD on platforms like Newegg and Best Buy.
In contrast, the RTX 4060 commands a higher MSRP of approximately 299 USD, offering enhanced performance capabilities and cutting-edge features for those seeking premium gaming experiences. Though it carries a 66.3% higher price, the RTX 4060 delivers better value for gamers keen on leveraging advanced gaming technology.
However, being a new product, the RTX 4060 may initially experience limited availability due to high demand, whereas the GTX 1060, as an older generation card, is usually more widely accessible across various retail channels and users, allowing customers to get their hands on the GPU more easily.
GTX 1060 Vs RTX 4060: Which One To Buy?
- While the GTX 1060 offers an attractive 66.3% budget advantage over the RTX 4060, it falls short in performance, trailing by 63% in average FPS. This makes it a practical option for users seeking affordability over performance.
- Adding to its appeal, the RTX 4060 impresses with a 4.3% lower power consumption compared to the GTX 1060, showcasing its efficiency. However, it lags behind by 3.7% in temperature management.
- Finally, after exhaustive examination, the RTX 4060 emerges as the clear winner, outperforming the GTX 1060 in all benchmark metrics besides price point and temperature management.
Pros And Cons
|GeForce RTX 4060||
|GeForce GTX 1060||
The RTX 4060 excels in gaming performance, boasting a significant 63% advantage in average FPS over the GTX 1060.
Yes, the RTX 4060 demonstrates superior power efficiency with a remarkable 4.3% lower power consumption compared to the GTX 1060.
While the GTX 1060 holds a slight 3.7% advantage in temperature management, the RTX 4060 still delivers impressive thermal performance.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
Shehryar Khan, a seasoned PC hardware expert, brings over three years of extensive experience and a deep passion for the world of technology. With a love for building PCs and a genuine enthusiasm for exploring the latest advancements in components, his expertise shines through his work and dedication towards this field. Currently, Shehryar is rocking a custom loop setup for his built.
Get In Touch: [email protected]