PlayStation users often need to head to the Safe Mode menu when the console malfunctions or if there are errors in the system. The menu lets you perform various troubleshooting operations, like initializing the console.
- Make sure to shut down the PS console before you can get to the Safe Mode.
- Keep holding the “Power” button till two beep sounds are audible.
- You can initialize the PS console, rebuild the database, and clear the cache, among other options, in Safe Mode.
How To Enter Safe Mode On PlayStation?
The method to enter the Safe Mode is the same on both models. However, ensure your console is turned off before proceeding. Additionally, read the fixes for PS5 error code WS-116521-6.
Access the Safe mode on your PS4/PS5 using these instructions:
- Quit any running games or apps and completely shut down the system.
- Go to your console and hold the “Power” button for about 7 to 9 seconds.
- You will hear two beep sounds while you are holding the button. Release it on the second beep.
- Head to the screen. It will ask you to connect the controller to the console via a USB cable.
- Take a compatible cable and connect the wireless controller.
- Once connected, hit the “PS” button on your DualShock controller.
- You should see several options in the “Safe Mode.”
Also Read: PS4 Won’t Turn ON
When Should You Access Safe Mode?
We usually access the menu if the screen is frozen or we cannot perform a certain process via the “Settings” menu. Moreover, you can “Rebuild PS4/PS5” and perform “Initialization” using this mode. Also, restoring the console to default settings can fix connection issues between the controller and the console.
How To Get Out Of Safe Mode?
The system will automatically exit the Safe Mode once the desired process is completed, for example, rebuilding the database or system software updates. In addition, you can manually exit by restarting the console.
More From PS5: A DNS Server Cannot Be Used PS5
What To Do If The System Is Stuck In Safe Mode?
Here are the troubleshooting ways you can resort to if the system is stuck in Safe Mode:
- Restart the console.
- Rebuild database.
- Update system software.
- Perform a full initialization.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Safe Mode menu contains the troubleshooting options for PS4/PS5, like resetting the console, updating software, and more.
Restart the console or wait for the chosen process to complete to exit the menu.
Yes, you can access Safe Mode on any PS model with the steps mentioned in this guide.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔