In our previous comparison, we looked at the last-gen RTX 3080 Ti from NVIDIA against the flagship RX 7900 XT model from AMD. The benchmark tests showed a significant performance boost of at least 20-50% in favor of Team Red. So let’s now put the budget options on the line and see if NVIDIA to dethrone AMD or if we will see a similar picture again. It is time to find all these answers with our ultimate RX 5700 XT vs RTX 3060 Ti comparison.
- Radeon RX 5700 XT has RDNA 1.0 architecture, while the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti uses an Ampere design.
- The RX 5700 XT ran games at an average of 41 FPS, while the RTX 3060 Ti boasted a 19.9% lead with an average of 78 FPS, making it the clear winner in terms of gaming performance.
- The benchmark results show that the RTX 3060 Ti has a 10.4% power efficiency advantage over the Radeon RX 5700 XT.
- RTX 3060 Ti is 10.5% more thermally efficient than RX 5700 XT.
|Specs||Radeon RX 5700 XT||GeForce RTX 3060 Ti|
|GPU Name||Navi 10 XT||GA104|
|Foundry||TSMC 7 nm||Samsung 8nm|
|Base Clock Speed||1605 MHz||1410 MHz|
|Boost Clock Speed||1905 MHz||1665 MHz|
|Memory Capacity||8 GB GDDR6||8 GB GDDR6|
|Memory Bandwidth||448.0 GB/s||448.0 GB/s|
|Memory Bus Width||256 bit||256 bit|
|Thermal Design Power (TDP)||225 W||200 W|
|No. of transistors||10,300 million||17,400 million|
|Price||399 USD||399 USD|
|Release Date||Jul 7th, 2019||Dec 1st, 2020|
|Best Variants||Best 3060 Ti Cards|
Difference In Architecture
While they may not be the latest models, the Radeon RX 5700 XT and GeForce RTX 3060 Ti are still highly sought-after graphics cards. Despite coming from older generations, they are manufactured by different brands and offer distinct architectural designs.
We’ll go through these differences in detail to understand which card has the edge over the other. So, let’s dive in!
Also Read: RX 6750 XT Vs RTX 3060 Ti [Full Comparison 2023]
One of the most important distinctions between the RX 5700 XT and the RTX 3060 Ti is their chipset design. The RTX 3060 Ti is based on NVIDIA’s widely known Ampere architecture.
Meanwhile, AMD’s Radeon 5700 XT adopts the RDNA 1.0 architecture. This technology empowers the GPU to operate new compute units, multi-level caches, and a streamlined graphics engine, resulting in efficient power consumption and smooth gameplay.
When going over the connectivity options offered by these two GPUs. Starting with the AMD Radeon 5700 XT, we see that it provides identical output utility as the NVIDIA GeForce 3060 Ti.
Both cards come with 3 DisplayPort 1.4a, which provides a bandwidth of up to 32.4Gpbs. However, there is a difference when it comes to HDMI. The Radeon RX 5700 XT provides HDMI 2.0, while the RTX 3060 Ti provides HDMI 2.1.
Moving on to the technical differences, the process node of the GPU plays an essential role in determining its performance and efficiency. In the case of the Radeon RX 5700 XT, it is built with the dedicated 8nm process node from TSMC, which contribute to its improved power efficiency, heat dissipation, and clock speed.
On the other hand, the RTX 3060 Ti boasts its custom 8nm process node, designed by Samsung. This advanced technology allows the GPU to deliver enhanced performance and efficiency while keeping power consumption and heat generation in check.
NVIDIA DLSS Vs AMD FSR
NVIDIA’s DLSS technology is known for enhancing gaming performance by utilizing the Tensor Cores to create natural image quality and upscale graphics.
On the other hand, AMD has developed its own feature called FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) technology for its graphics card, similar to NVIDIA’s DLSS. However, AMD’s FSR utilizes software functionalities to provide similar results rather than requiring hardware components like NVIDIA.
Additionally, with the ever-changing market needs and user demands, DLSS and FSR have recently undergone several updates to enhance their gaming experience even further. These updates are based on improving the algorithms for better performance, speed, and image quality.
Now even though artificial image generation on the DLSS 3.0 is only exclusive to RTX 4000 series. Users can still enjoy other in-game performance boosts on their RTX 3000 graphics cards.
On the other hand, AMD has been implementing its own technology known as “Fluid Motion Frame“ to achieve similar results to NVIDIA’s DLSS. However, despite the announcement of the FSR 3.0, the update is yet to roll out, and we’re eagerly waiting to see how it performs in terms of upscaling and overall gaming performance.
Read More: NVIDIA DLSS Vs AMD FSR
RX 5700 XT Vs RTX 3060 Ti: Gaming Benchmarks
Since the differences between RX 5700 XT vs GeForce RTX 3060 Ti have been dissected, it’s time to see which graphics card can deliver the best performance in actual games. We’d like to thank Testing Games for helping us gather data to make our comparison more precise and reliable.
Below are the specifications of the testing rig:
- CPU: Intel i9 10900K 3.7GHz
- Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
- Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series 32GB 3600 MHz
- CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS10X Performa.
- Power Supply: CORSAIR RM850i 850W
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
We’ll be benchmarking the RX 5700 XT and RTX 3060 Ti, comparing 1% lows, temperature, power consumption, and average FPS at 4K ultra settings for accurate results.
Note: Benchmark tests are not always 100% accurate due to external factors like temperature and software running in the background, and they should be viewed as a general guide.
- Notably, the RTX 3060 Ti delivers a 25.4% performance boost with an average of 62 FPS, outperforming the RX 5700 XT’s 48 FPS.
- Additionally, the RTX 3060 Ti shows higher 1% lows at 47 FPS, indicating a performance difference of 4.3% compared to the RX 5700 XT’s 45 FPS.
- Despite the RX 5700 XT’s performance disadvantage, it surprisingly consumes 8% more power at 220 watts than the 3060 Ti’s 203 watts.
- There’s a 4.8% difference between the average temperature of the RX 7900 XT and the RTX 4070 Ti. The former reaches 64°C while the latter runs at 61°C, a difference of 3°C.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Ultra Settings)
- Firstly, the RTX 3060 Ti slightly edges the RX 5700 XT with a 2.5% performance boost and an average of 39 FPS instead of 38 FPS.
- Moreover, the RTX 3060 Ti’s 1% lows show an 8.9% performance boost by producing 35 FPS compared to the RX 5700 XT’s 32 FPS.
- However, the RX 5700 XT consumes 27.6% more power at 214 watts, compared to 162 Watts on the RTX 3060 Ti.
- The RTX 3060 Ti runs cooler than the RX 5700 XT, with an average temperature of 57°C compared to 63°C. A 6°C or 10% difference.
- The RTX 3060 Ti outperforms the RX 5700 XT by 25%, delivering an average FPS of 54 as opposed to 42.
- Additionally, the RTX 3060 Ti shows a significant difference in 1% lows at 47 FPS, marking a 23.8% difference from the RX 5700 XT’s 37 FPS.
- Despite the performance gap, the RX 5700 XT consumes 5.9% more power than RTX 3060 Ti, utilizing 226 W instead of 219 W.
- A small difference is seen in temperatures. The RX 5700 XT reaches 64°C while the RTX 3060 Ti runs at 61°C, a difference of 5°C or 4.8%.
Horizon Zero Dawn
- Regarding performance, the RTX 3060 Ti takes the lead over the RX 5700 XT, delivering an average FPS of 50, a 19.7% increase from the latter’s 41 FPS.
- In addition, the RX 5700 XT performs lower than the RTX 3060 Ti in terms of 1% lows, with a 16.8% performance difference at 38 FPS compared to the 3060 Ti’s 45 FPS.
- Surprisingly, despite its inferior performance, the RX 5700 XT consumes 12% more power at 220 watts compared to the 3060 Ti’s 195 watts.
- During the benchmark test, the RX 5700 XT showed a higher thermal performance than the RTX 3060 Ti, with an average temperature of 63°C instead of 60°C, a difference of 3°C.
Also Check: RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3060 Ti [Full Comparison 2023]
Mafia Definitive Edition
- The RX 5700 XT trails behind the RTX 3060 Ti in performance, with an average FPS of 43, while the latter boasts a 17% increase, averaging 51 FPS.
- Additionally, the RTX 3060 Ti exhibits 1%lows of 49 FPS, which is a 33.3% difference from the RX 5700 XT’s 35 FPS.
- Despite the RX 5700 XT’s lower performance, it consumes 10.7% more power, rated at 225 watts, compared to the 3060 Ti’s 202 watts.
- The RTX 3060 Ti generates less heat than the RX 5700 XT, with an average temperature of 60°C instead of 64°C. A difference of 4°C or 6.4%.
Microsoft Flight Simulator
- The RTX 3060 Ti outperforms the RX 5700 XT with an average FPS of 31, which is 33.9% higher than the RX 5700 XT’s 22 FPS.
- The 1% lows for the RTX 3060 Ti are at 28 FPS, which is a 66.6% increase over the RX 5700 XT’s 14 FPS.
- Despite having lower performance, the RX 5700 XT consumes 11.5% more power, rated at 219 watts, compared to the RTX 3060 Ti’s 195 watts.
- The RTX 3060 Ti runs cooler than the RX 5700 XT with an average temperature of 61°C compared to 64°C, a difference of 3°C or 4.8%.
Players Unknown Battleground
- In terms of raw performance, the RTX 3060 Ti beats the RX 5700 XT, delivering an average FPS of 70, which is 29.5% higher than the latter’s 52 FPS.
- In addition, the RTX 3060 Ti exhibits a larger performance gap in 1% lows with 62 FPS, in contrast to the RX 5700 XT’s 43 FPS, indicating a 36.1% difference.
- Although the RX 5700 XT’s performance is lower, it surprisingly draws 6.9% more power at 224 watts compared to the 3060 Ti’s 209 watts.
- With a difference of 1°C or 1.57%, the RX 5700 XT generates more heat than the RTX 3060 Ti. The former has a temperature of 64°C while the latter has 63°C.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- The RTX 3060 Ti shows a slight edge in performance over the RX 5700 XT, producing an average FPS of 45, which is 4.5% more than the latter’s 43 FPS.
- On the other hand, the RX 5700 XT Ti falls behind in terms of 1% lows, which are at 36 FPS, a difference of 10.5% compared to the RTX 3060 Ti’s 40 FPS.
- It’s surprising that despite the RX 5700 XT’s lower performance, it consumes 8% more power, with a consumption of 219 watts, compared to the 3060 Ti’s 202 watts.
- While the RX 5700 XT reached an average temperature of 64°C, the RTX 3060 Ti only got up to 61°C, demonstrating a difference of 3°C or 4.8%.
Also Read: RX 5700 XT Vs RTX 3060 Ti: Which Is Better?
Kingdom Come Deliverance
- The RX 5700 XT trails behind the RTX 3060 Ti in performance, with an average of 42 FPS, while the latter boasts a 24% increase, averaging 33 FPS.
- Additionally, the RTX 3060 Ti has higher 1% lows at 39 FPS, indicating a 40% performance difference compared to the RX 5700 XT’s 26 FPS.
- Despite being outperformed, the RX 5700 XT consumes 11.6% more power at 218 watts compared to the 3060 Ti’s 194 watts.
- Moreover, the average temperature of the RX 5700 XT was 64°C, whereas the RTX 3060 Ti only reached an average of 61°C. This resulted in a 3°C or 4.8% difference.
The Witcher 3
- The RTX 3060 Ti performs slightly better than the RX 5700 XT, with an average of 57 FPS, a 17.1% increase from the latter’s 48 FPS.
- Meanwhile, the RTX 3060 Ti has higher 1% lows as well at 54 FPS, presenting a 32.2% difference compared to the RX 5700 XT’s 39 FPS.
- Interestingly, the RX 5700 XT consumes more power at 220 watts, using 11% more watts than the 3060 Ti at 197 watts, despite having lower performance.
- The RX 5700 XT demonstrated a higher temperature with an average of 64°C compared to 61°C on RTX 3060 Ti. A difference of 3°C.
Overall Gaming PerformanceThrough an analysis of the FPS benchmarks in a range of games, it becomes evident that one card prevails over the other in the Radeon RX 5700 XT vs GeForce RTX 3060 Ti battle.
- The RTX 3060 Ti steamrolls through the RX 5700 XT in all the games during our benchmark tests and provides better FPS and 1% lows.
- Surprisingly, despite the RTX 3060 Ti’s overall dominance, the RX 5700 XT shows its potential by coming slightly close to its performance in some games like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Red Dead Redemption 2, highlighting its strengths.
- When looking at the average FPS across all games, the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti produces an impressive 50.1 FPS, while the Radeon RX 5700 XT lags behind with 41 FPS.
- As a result, users can enjoy a 19.9% boost in FPS performance with the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti over the Radeon RX 5700 XT.
Also Read: RTX 3060 Ti Vs. RTX 3070 Ti [Gaming Benchmarks]
Average Power ConsumptionUndoubtedly, power consumption is a crucial aspect that can affect a user’s decision when selecting a graphics card. During the RX 5700 XT vs RTX 3060 Ti test, the following observations were made in terms of power consumption across all tested games:
- Despite its decent performance, the Radeon RX 5700 XT’s high power consumption of 225 watts is a major drawback. To run at peak performance, it requires a power supply of at least 600 watts, which is a significant investment.
- In contrast, the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti is more power-efficient, with a TDP of 200 watts. This means it only requires a 550 watts power supply to deliver peak performance.
- With an 11.7% more power-efficient TDP compared to the Radeon RX 5700 XT, the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti offers a compelling alternative for gamers who prioritize energy efficiency.
- Throughout all tested games, the RX 5700 XT consistently consumed more power than the RTX 3060 Ti. It never came close to the power efficiency of its counterpart, even though its FPS performance was always below its competitor.
- Additionally, the Radeon RX 5700 XT consumes an average of 219.5 watts, while the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti uses 197.8 watts on average. It proves that the RTX 3060 Ti is 10.4% more power-efficient than RX 5700 XT.
Average Thermal StatisticsSimilarly to the power consumption charts, the thermal statistics also offer an interesting comparison between the RX 5700 XT and RTX 3060 Ti during the benchmark test.
- The RTX 3060 Ti is slightly more thermally efficient and generates less heat. This is true even in games where its average FPS production is far better than RX 5700 XT.
- The RX 5700 XT produced an average heat of 63.8°C, while the RTX 3060 Ti generated an average heat of 57.4°C.
- Due to this major difference in average thermal statistics, the RTX 3060 Ti is still 10.5% more thermally efficient compared to the RX 5700 XT.
Similar Comparisons: RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti: Should You Upgrade? 
Pricing And Availability
Now that we have explored the benchmarks, let’s take a look at the price and availability of two popular budget-friendly graphics cards: the RX 5700 XT and RTX 3060 Ti.
Additionally, both RX 5700 XT and RTX 3060 Ti have an MSRP of $399. However, higher-end versions from ASUS, MSI, and GIGABYTE may come at a premium.
In summary, both the Radeon RX 5700 XT and GeForce RTX 3060 Ti offer excellent value for money, and their affordability makes them popular choices for gamers.
RX 5700 XT Vs RTX 3060 Ti: Which One’s Better?
Choosing between the RTX 3060 Ti and the RX 5700 XT can be a simple task, given that the former dominates every aspect in this comparison. However, other factors could help you decide which one is better for you.
In terms of average FPS, the RTX 3060 Ti has a significant advantage. It offers a 19.9% increase in FPS production over the RX 5700 XT. When it comes to power consumption, the RTX 3060 Ti has an advantage again, being 10.4% more energy-efficient.
Thermal efficiency is another area where the RTX 3060 Ti comes out on top. It produces 10.4% less heat than the RX 5700 XT. Additionally, it is being offered at the same price as the RX 5700 XT.
Therefore, it’s clear that the RTX 3060 Ti is a better choice, regardless of whether you prioritize your FPS or your budget.
If you’re interested in exploring other options, our website has many other similar comparisons. You can check our guide on RTX 3060 Ti Vs 3070 for more information.
Yes, the RTX 3060 Ti is worth it for its superior performance and power efficiency, especially when compared to other budget-friendly options. However, the final decision ultimately depends on individual needs and budget.
Although the RTX 3060 Ti can handle some 4K gaming, it may struggle with more demanding titles. It is better suited for 1440p or 1080p gaming.
Yes, the RX 5700 XT is a good graphics card option for budget gaming with high performance and competitive pricing.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔