You can conveniently connect up to four controllers to a Windows PC, version 8 and upwards, and macOS PC. PC games, like NBA and Mortal Kombat, support multiplayer gaming, so you should know how to use two controllers on PC to enjoy the full gaming experience.
- There are two ways to connect multiple controllers to your PC; using a USB cable or Bluetooth.
- A PC can support up to four controllers concurrently for team gaming.
- You can inspect the working of the connected controllers through the Devices And Printers section on the Control Panel.
- You can run a troubleshooter or restart the controller if it does not work on your PC.
How To Use Two Controllers On PC?
Note that not all games support two controllers on your PC; thus, make sure the game you are trying to play has multiplayer gaming. Besides, we also have extensive guides on How To Check PS4 Controller Battery On PC? and How To Check Insufficient Power Supply?
Pair the two controllers through the PC’s Bluetooth if the controllers support wireless connectivity. PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam controllers all have the feature.
- Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar to open the Start menu.
- Pick the Settings icon to access different settings for your PC.
- Go to Devices.
- Stay on the Bluetooth And Other Devices page.
- Turn On Bluetooth by clicking the toggle switch. It changes color to Blue.
- Next, press the + button beside Add Bluetooth Or Other Device.
- Select Bluetooth from the pop-up box.
- The PC will start looking for available devices nearby.
- Power On the controller and long-press the relevant buttons on the controller to enable Pairing.
PS4/PS5: PS + Share Buttons.
Xbox: Pair Button.
Steam: Steam + X Buttons.
- Choose The Controller once it shows up on your PC.
- Follow the same procedure to connect the second controller.
- From the Apple icon, go to System Preferences.
- Press the Bluetooth button from the menu.
- Turn On Bluetooth.
- Press the Relevant Buttons on the controller to put it into pairing mode.
- Select The Controller once it appears on the window.
- Connect the second controller using the same steps.
Use two separate USB cables to connect each controller to your computer’s USB ports. Furthermore, remember to insert the cables into a functioning port, or you may be unable to use them for PC gaming.
- Insert a compatible USB cable into the Micro USB port on your Controller.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable into one of the USB ports on your PC.
- Use the same steps for the other controller.
How To Verify The Functioning Of The Two Controllers?
After you have connected the two controllers to your PC, test their functioning to check if all the buttons are working fine.
- Open Control Panel from the Desktop after connecting the two controllers to your PC.
- Press the View Devices And Printers option.
- The two controllers should appear under the Devices section.
- Right-Click on the controller and choose Game Controller Settings from the sub-menu.
- You will see the controllers actively connected to your PC.
- Press on any one controller and select Properties from the next window.
- Go to the Test tab to test the controller on your PC. Move the analog stick on the controller and check the + also moves in the same direction.
- Repeat the instructions for the second controller.
- Click the Apple icon at the upper left corner of the top bar.
- Head to System Settings.
- Scroll to Game Controllers.
- Press the Options button.
- Customize any button on the controller.
- Click on Default.
- Pick Test from the drop-down.
- Now, press the Customized Button and inspect if it does the set task.
What Should You Do If You Cannot Use The Second Controller On PC?
You can resort to multiple solutions if one of the two controllers on your PC is not performing the task. Before proceeding, read Computer Restarts When Trying To Print.
Run A Troubleshooter
You can run a troubleshooter on the problematic controller to identify and solve issues hindering its operation on your PC.
- Go to the Devices page from the Control Panel using the steps above.
- Right-Click on the controller that is not working.
- Hit Troubleshoot.
- The system will detect and resolve potential issues or guide you to fix them.
Restart The Controller
Another way to fix the problem is by restarting the controller. Turn off the concerned controller and turn it back on again after a minute. Re-pair the controller with the PC and see if it works fine.
These are the two quick ways on how to use two controllers on PC for multiplayer gaming. Ensure that the selected game supports multiplayer gaming on your computer using two controllers. We also have guides on Intel MKL Fatal Error: Cannot Load Mkl_Intel_Thread.dll [FIXED] and Origin: We’ve Noticed Your Computer Is Offline [FIXED].
Frequently Asked Questions
You can pair two game controllers on your PC using a USB cable by inserting it into the computer’s USB port. Moreover, Bluetooth pairing is another method to connect the controller to the PC.
You can pair up to four game controllers at one time on your PC with Bluetooth. However, it is recommended not to exceed two controllers, or you may face lagging in your PC games.
Restart or troubleshoot the controller that is not working.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔