Are you an avid player seeking ways to improve your gaming experience and heighten the excitement? Altering the keyboard’s color is one option and the flexibility to customize your keyboard, whether you have a PC, a Windows laptop, or a Mac is fascinating. However, for some users, changing the color settings on a keyboard might be challenging because the commands for doing so vary depending on the type of keyboard. Don’t worry, though; we have you covered! Here is a comprehensive article that explains many ways you may quickly and effortlessly change the color of your keyboard.
Advantages of changing the color of the keyboard
Since its introduction, the ability to change the color of the keyboard is prized by professionals as well as enthusiastic gamers. Setting up colors helps to alert you when your device starts to overheat and most importantly shows whether your gadget is functioning or not. With the click of a button, gamers may easily change their keyboard to link lights to the keys they frequently press, such as WASD. This helps help you stay focused. Interestingly changing the color of your keyboard also allows for typing and playing games in dim light or darkness. Moreover, you get to choose hues that are personalized to reflect your personality.
So now let’s begin with our various techniques
How to change the color of your keyboard on a PC?
Use the following set of instructions if you own a personal computer:
- Simultaneously press “Fn” and “C” on the keyboard.
- You will arrive at the color wheel. Notice that the default illuminated colors are White, Red, Green, and Blue.
- If you wish to add colors in addition to those that are already installed by default, you must go to the system setup (BIOS) and create a cycle there. However, remember that only two additional custom colors can be applied at this point throughout the BIOS System setup process.
- On the left sidebar of the navigation menu, you will see “Lighting” written. Select it.
- There are now three possibilities; Animation, Static, and Off. You must pick “Static” because you wish to manually select the keyboard’s backlight color.
- You can now pick the color you want your keyboard’s backlight to be.
You can check out our review on XPG SUMMONER keyboard and get an idea on how to adjust its keyboard color setting in the above-mentioned link.
How to change the color of your keyboard on a Laptop?
Changing the color on Windows 10
Laptops running Windows 10 are normally assumed to have an integrated backlit. However, you can change the color of the keyboard light by following the instructions below.
- Click on settings.
- Type “Set Keyboard Theme” into the search box and press the search button.
- You will now have the option of choosing the keyboard’s color including red, blue, green, pink, black, or gray.
- Select a color of your choosing.
Changing color on Windows 11
Windows 11 has comparable procedures to Windows 10 for changing the color of the keyboard light. To do so, follow the directions below.
- Head over to the taskbar’s Search icon.
- Look up “Keyboard Theme”.
- The selections for the keyboard color will now be presented to you.
- Specify your preferred color.
Changing the color on Mac Book Air
The instructions provided here will show you how to alter the keyboard light’s color if you own a Mac. Follow the directions below to accomplish this.
- Navigate to the Apple Menu area.
- System Preferences can be accessed by clicking the Apple Menu.
- Once there, select “System Preferences” and then “Keyboard.”
- The option to “Adjust keyboard brightness in low light” will be visible.
- Choose this option to change the lighting of your keyboard to match your gaming equipment and preferences.
Here are the steps you must take if you use a Dell computer to alter the color of the keyboard light.
- As your laptop is starting to boot, F12 should be pressed twice.
- This will bring up a screen with different menu options in the left window pane.
- Choose “BIOS” setup from the available options.
- then click on the System Configuration option after navigating there.
- Select “RGB Keyboard Backlight” after that.
- The option to enable or disable the colors on the Dell laptop keyboard can be found on the right window pane.
Your Lenovo laptop’s backlight will adjust when you press the Fn + Spacebar key on the keyboard. You may use this combination to toggle the backlight on and off in Lenovo laptops.
High-end gaming laptops from MSI, recognized for their advanced performance have excellent keyboards that let you change the illumination as per your wish. However, it’s a little-known secret since not a lot of people are familiar with ways to do it.
- The most recent version of the free SteelSeries Engine software must be installed to control the lights on the MSI keyboard.
- Enter SteelSeries Engine in the search bar on the Start Menu
- launch the SteelSeries Engine by tapping on it
- The GEAR option can be found by going to the Engine tab.
- Tap the MSI Per-Key RGB keyboard after navigating the drop-down menu.
- From the extensive list of possibilities in the drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- To customize the color of your keyboard, tap “New Button.”
- Give this new configuration a name, and you are free to modify it as you wish.
How about a unique but less complicated strategy? With this method, changing the keyboard light’s color only requires pressing two keys. On the keyboard of your laptop, you must find the Keyboard button which usually is the f5 button. Next press “Fn” and “f5” simultaneously to continue. As you press the keys, the color of the keyboard light will change. You can use the same method to revert.
We sincerely hope that this guide provided you with all the information you required. The same procedures can be employed periodically to alter the color of your keyboard. So go ahead and enjoy this mesmerizing experience.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔