If you’re having problems with how to adjust screen size on your Xbox One console, we’ll teach you how to do it with these simple methods.
- Achieving the right screen size on your Xbox One is essential for an immersive gaming experience. Optimizing the screen size ensures that you don’t miss out on any important details.
- There are several methods to adjust screen size, catering to your preferences from using Xbox settings to fine-tuning TV settings and enabling HDMI scaling.
- Beyond adjusting settings on the console and TV, you can also try changing in-game settings and booting in safe mode. These options allow you to tailor screen size within specific games and troubleshoot potential issues that might impact your visuals.
How To Adjust Screen Size On Xbox One?
In this section, we’ll go over simple methods that you can use to adjust the screen size on your Xbox One console.Important: These methods also work if you own an Xbox Series X or S.
Also Read: How To Clear Cache On Xbox?
Using Xbox Settings
Calibrating your display using the Xbox settings is the easiest way to adjust your screen size.
In order to adjust screen size through Xbox settings, follow these steps:
- Start by powering on your Xbox One and confirming its connection to your TV or monitor.
- Upon turning on your Xbox, press the Xbox button on your controller. Scroll down to the “Profile & system” tab in the guide, and then select “Settings.”
- Within the Settings menu, locate and click on the “TV & display options” section under Display & sound.
- Within the TV & display options, find and choose “Calibrate TV.” Follow the step-by-step instructions displayed on the screen. You’ll be guided to adjust the screen’s borders until the Xbox logo fits within them.
- Once satisfied with the adjustments, make sure to save your newly calibrated settings.
Using TV Settings
Another method that you can use to change the screen size on your Xbox One is using the TV settings. Change the display settings from the settings menu of your TV and it should adjust your Xbox screen size too.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Utilize your TV remote to access the menu of your television.
- Within the TV menu, search for the “Picture,” “Display,” or equivalent section related to visual settings.
- Look for specific options such as “Screen Size,” “Overscan,” or “Aspect Ratio.” Once found, select the option and adjust the settings until the Xbox screen fits optimally within your TV’s display.
Using Monitor Settings
If using a PC monitor, an easy method of adjusting the screen size on your Xbox console is to use the HDMI Scaling option. Additionally, check out our extensive guide on how to unblock people on Xbox.
In order to do that, follow these steps:
- Access your monitor’s on-screen display settings.
- Look for options related to display size, scaling, or aspect ratio.
- Modify these settings until the Xbox One screen content fits perfectly on your monitor.
Changing In-Game Settings
On some Xbox games, the video or screen settings aren’t automatically matched to your preference. In that case, you’ll have to manually adjust the in-game settings to adjust your screen size.
To change in-game settings, follow these steps:
- While in a game, pause and navigate to the in-game settings menu.
- Look for options related to screen size, display area, or safe zones.
- Modify these settings until the game’s visuals fit your screen perfectly.
Also Read: How To Reset Xbox? [360, One & Series X]
Booting In Safe Mode
The last method that you can use if all the previous methods fail, is to boot the Xbox in Safe Mode. This allows you to reset your Xbox settings back to default if you weren’t able to access your settings before.
Here’s how to adjust your screen settings using Safe Mode:
- Turn off your Xbox One completely.
- Hold down the power button on the console for around 10 seconds until you hear a second chime. This boots your Xbox into safe mode.
- In safe mode, select the “Reset this Xbox” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
Also Read: How To Update Xbox?
Frequently Asked Questions
To alter the screen size on Xbox One, go to Settings > TV & display options > Calibrate TV.
No, screen size adjustment on Xbox One requires a TV or another display device.
Xbox might seem zoomed in due to incorrect display settings. It can be fixed by following the methods mentioned above in this guide.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔