It is essential to know how to change DNS on Xbox via the “Network Settings” section in Xbox settings. The process comes in handy when you are facing problems with online features and overall network performance on your Xbox.
- Changing the DNS server on Xbox may become necessary when you are having trouble using the internet on your Xbox.
- It is ideal to connect your console to the internet via an Ethernet cable to avoid network errors.
- Modifying the DNS address improves the downloading speeds and network performance on your Xbox.
Common DNS Server Addresses
Here is a list of a few DNS servers that we use in our Xbox consoles:
- Google Public DNS
- Cloudflare DNS
How To Change DNS On Xbox?
When experiencing network errors on the Xbox console, modifying the DNS server address is a common troubleshooting practice. We have detailed steps to alter the DNS address to another server on Xbox One and other models.Important: Make sure to enter the right DNS address, as it won’t work otherwise.
This is the method we followed to modify the DNS server address on Xbox 360, which also worked for many users on Microsoft Community.
Here are the steps:
- Head to Xbox 360 “Settings” and select the “System” tile.
- Choose “Network Settings.”
- Click on the connected network and hit “Configure Network.”
- Select the “DNS Settings” section at the bottom of the “Basic Settings” menu.
- Hit “Manual.”
- Enter the desired DNS Server address in the “Primary DNS Server” and “Secondary DNS Server” tabs.
- Press “Done.”
Also Read: How To Reset Xbox? [360, One & Series X]
Xbox One/Xbox Series X/Xbox Series S
User Ava Farrugia on Quora suggested this method. We gave it a go, and it worked for us as well.
Here’s how to do it:
- Access the Xbox “Homescreen” and press your controller’s “Guide” button.
- You should see a side menu on the left of your screen.
- Scroll to the “Profile And System” tab on the upper pane and select “Settings.”
- Highlight “General” on the left panel and choose “Network Settings.”
- Navigate to the last option in the second column, “Advanced Settings,” and choose it.
- Choose “DNS Settings.”
- Go with “Manual.”
- Type the “Primary DNS Server” and “Secondary DNS Server” addresses.
What Are The Benefits Of Changing IP Address On Your Xbox?
Many advantages may come along when you choose to change the DNS on Xbox, such as;
- Improves response time and reduces lag and glitches.
- Eliminate connectivity errors and poor network performance on the console.
- Decrease downloading times.
- Betters the overall security of your console.
Also Read: How To Clear Cache On Xbox? [All Methods]
Which Is The Best DNS For Your Xbox?
The performance of a certain DNS server depends on a few factors, such as the proximity of the server to your console and its ping. Closer proximity and lower pings account for a good overall performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Change the DNS servers when you face trouble connecting to the internet or the internet performance slows down.
Using alternate DNS servers can boost the online gaming experience, offering a better multiplayer experience and reduced lags.
Yes, restart your console after modifying the DNS settings to implement the new server address on your Xbox.
- How To Refund A Game On Xbox [All Methods]
- How To Accept Friend Request In Roblox On Xbox One
- How To Connect A Bluetooth Speaker To Xbox Series X?
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
[How To Guides Specialist]
Dayan Shahid is a skilled mechanical engineer passionate about technology. With certifications in various programming languages and subjects ranging from microcontrollers to aerial robotics, Dayan can effortlessly present complex technical topics in an engaging way. His ability to bridge the gap between theory and practical applications sets him apart as he continues to inspire others through their insightful content.