Alienware is a brand name that many gamers are accustomed to because of its high-end gaming accessories. With their vast lineup of gaming keyboards, you’ll find many with the option to change their lighting color. But as it can get confusing, it is important for you to learn about methods that can help you change your Alienware keyboard color.
- Alienware keyboards that support RGB allow you to change the colors.
- The primary way to change the lighting color on an Alienware keyboard is by using the Alienware Command Center.
- You can enable Backlighting on your Alienware keyboard using the Fn + F1 shortcut.
How To Enable RGB On Alienware Keyboard?
To enable RGB on Alienware Keyboard, you can follow these steps below:
- Open the Alienware Command Center on your computer.
- Go to the FX tab.
- Click on the Lighting tab.
- Click All Zones and then choose from the effects drop-down menu.
- Now, click Save Theme and restart your PC.
Also Read: How To Unlock Keyboard On HP Laptop
How To Change Color on Alienware Keyboard?
Alienware Keyboard color can be changed by following these methods.
Using Alienware Command Center
Alienware Command Center is the leading software that allows you to customize the lighting theme on your keyboard. To do so, you first need to install it on your PC. You can do that by following these two methods.
Also Read: How To Change Corsair Keyboard Color
Installing Alienware Command Center From Windows Update
- Plug your Alienware peripheral into your PC through the USB port to download the Alienware Command Center application.
- Alienware Command Center application installs within 10 minutes on your computer.
- Go to the program folder to check if the Alienware Command Center installation is complete.
- Then, follow these steps to download the additional software components.
Click Windows Update in the Settings window. Next, head to Check for updates to check the Alienware driver update progress. If the driver update is not working on your computer, you can install AWCC from the Dell Support website.
Installing AWCC From Dell Support Website
- Download the latest version of the following applications at www.dell.com/support/drivers.
Alienware Command Center
Alienware Gaming Peripheral driver
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the setup files.
- Double-click the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the application.
Now that you have the Alienware Command Center installed on your PC, you must enable AlienFX.
AlienFX allows you to assign different color themes to games on your PC. So, the keyboard automatically changes the RGB lighting whenever you open another match, depending on your hook.
Also Read: How To Change Color On Razer Keyboard?
It also allows you to choose many customization options, such as changing color, lighting modes, tempo, etc.
To enable AlienFX, you can proceed by following these steps:
- Right-click on the AlienFX icon present in the Windows notification area.
- Choose ‘Enable Alienware AlienFX.’
- Restart your computer.
To change colors and themes on your keyboard using Alienware Command Center, follow these steps.
- Search for Alienware Command Center in the Start menu and open it.
- Click on the FX tab. Under the Themes section, click on Create a new theme.
- Now you change and edit the colors, lighting modes, speed, etc.
- Once you’re done customizing, click on Apply and save the theme.
Now whenever you want to change your keyboard color, you set that theme to active. If you want to change the color, you can edit the theme into the color you want or create a new theme from scratch.
How To Enable Backlighting On Alienware Keyboard?
Backlighting on a gaming keyboard can significantly improve its overall aesthetic appeal. To enable Backlighting on your Alienware keyboard, you can use several shortcuts. All of these shortcuts use the Function key or Fn key in combination with other function keys from F1-F12.
Here’s a list of shortcuts you can use to enable and change backlighting on your Alienware keyboard:
- Fn + F1: Enables/Disables Backlighting.
- Fn + F6 / Fn + F7: Increases/Decreases backlight brightness.
- Fn + F2: Changes lighting mode of the backlight.
This article covered different methods to change the Alienware keyboard color. Even with a massive lineup of gaming keyboards offered by Alienware, most use the Alienware Control Center to change lighting colors, lighting effects, speeds, and more, so it doesn’t get too complicated. Before leaving, make sure to read
Frequently Asked Questions
Alienware lets you choose many default lighting themes for your gaming keyboard. You can also download and install a theme for your Alienware keyboard on different community forums.
You can change Alienware lighting using Alienware Command Center.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔