- Discord may stop working on Xbox due to glitches/bugs in the system or app’s files, server outages, or unstable internet.
- Power cycle the router, reconnect your Xbox and Discord profiles, or reinstall the Discord app to resolve the trouble.
- Ensure you remember your Discord account’s password before unlinking the two accounts.
Why Is Discord Not Working On Xbox?
There are several causes behind Discord’s failure to work on Xbox consoles, like;
- Xbox/Discord server issues.
- Temporary glitches or bugs in the system or Discord data.
- Network issues or weak connectivity.
- Using older versions of Discord or Xbox OS.
- Parental restrictions.
- Xbox profile issues.
Also Read: How To Turn Off Xbox Controller On PC?
How To Fix Xbox Discord Not Working?
Try our go-to fixes if Discord on Xbox is not working before trying other methods:
- Power cycle the internet router.
- Power cycle your Xbox.
- Restart Discord.
- Check Xbox and Discord server statuses.
If they fail to fix the issue, move on to the advanced methods.
- Erase Xbox Cache
- Change DNS Servers
- Look For Discord Updates
- Reconnect Discord And Xbox Accounts
- Turn Off Parental Controls
- Update Xbox OS
- Reinstall Discord
- Log In With A Different Profile
- Reset Xbox
- Contact Xbox Support
Erase Xbox Cache
The accumulated cache may develop glitches and temporary bugs, or the data may corrupt over time, leading to system errors and in-app issues. Therefore, clear the cache to delete faulty data.Important: Erasing the cache will not remove any important files from the system.
Change DNS Servers
Since Discord requires stable network connectivity, it might not work if problems occur on the network’s end. When this happens, you can modify the DNS server address in Xbox “Network” settings to reliable public servers, for example, Google Public DNS.
Look For Discord Updates
We noticed that the Discord app began behaving unusually when we did not install the latest app updates on our Xbox. It is ideal to keep the games and apps on your console up-to-date to avoid malfunctions. Go to the “Microsoft Store” on your Xbox and search “Discord.” If an “Update” option is available, install them.
Reconnect Discord And Xbox Accounts
Discord may also not function properly on Xbox if the connection between two accounts is disrupted for some reason. Hence, re-linking both accounts resumed the app’s usual performance on our console.
Here are the steps to reconnect your Discord profile to Xbox:
- Launch the Xbox “Settings” page.
- Select “Account” from the left menu and pick “Linked Social Accounts.”
- Click on the “Unlink” button for “Discord.”
- Once unpaired, click the “Link” option.
- You can install the Xbox app on your phone, log in with the same credentials, and scan the displayed QR Code with the app to link accounts.
- If you do not want to use the above method, hit “Continue On Console.”
- It will open the “Microsoft Edge” screen where you can enter the Discord credentials and “Log In.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your two accounts.
Turn Off Parental Controls
Check if parental restrictions are enabled on your console and turn them off to enjoy a seamless Discord experience on Xbox.
Below are the steps to disable Parental Controls on your Xbox:
- Go to the “Account” tab on the “Settings” menu.
- Choose “Family Settings.”
- Select the first option, “My Sign In, Security, And Pass Key.”
- Pick “Change My Sign In And Security Preferences.”
- Proceed with “No Barriers.”
Update Xbox OS
Like app updates, you must keep your Xbox in line with recent software updates. Newer OS updates offer better performances, improved security, and more functionality to prevent system errors and in-app failures. Therefore, run an Xbox update if available.Important: Make sure to regularly check for new Xbox updates to keep things running smoothly.
Another solution that worked for our team was reinstalling the app. Discord or other app files may become a victim of glitches, bugs, or corrupt data. Therefore, reinstalling Discord from scratch will clear all the previous data to install a fresh batch.
Use this method to reinstall Discord on your Xbox:
- Access the “Homescreen” and choose the tile that reads “My Games And Apps.”
- Highlight “Apps” on the left pane and find “Discord” in this section.
- Select “Discord” by pressing the “A” button on the Xbox controller.
- A pop-up menu should appear on your screen. Hit “Uninstall.”
- Go with “Uninstall All” to confirm the deletion of the Discord app.
- Once deleted, wait for about 2 minutes.
- Now, head to the “Microsoft Store” and reinstall the app.
Log In With A Different Profile
Xbox profile glitches are a common reason some apps or games may not work on your console. If you have an alternate profile, sign in with that or create a new Xbox account to see if Discord is running fine on those.
There are two ways to reset an Xbox console; a soft reset that lets you keep your games and data and a hard reset that wipes everything from the console and returns it to factory settings. We suggest you try the soft reset first and then the hard reset if the error stays unresolved.
Frequently Asked Questions
The app may fail to work due to corrupt files, outdated app/OS versions, or poor internet connectivity.
Reinstall the app, power cycle your console and router, and sign in from a different user profile to use Discord.
No, reinstalling does not affect your Discord profile’s data in any way.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
[How To Guides Specialist]
Dayan Shahid is a skilled mechanical engineer passionate about technology. With certifications in various programming languages and subjects ranging from microcontrollers to aerial robotics, Dayan can effortlessly present complex technical topics in an engaging way. His ability to bridge the gap between theory and practical applications sets him apart as he continues to inspire others through their insightful content.