You can take a screenshot on an HP computer using keyboard shortcuts, third-party applications, and built-in tools. However, each method has its varying steps and some limitations you will learn about in this guide.
- Press the “PrtSc” key to capture the whole screen on HP Computer.
- To capture a specific part of the screen, press the “Win+Shift+S” keys and the “Snipping Tool,” or use third-party apps.
- Generate and automatically save the screenshot with the “Alt+PrtSc” Keys.
How To Take A Screenshot On HP Computer?
You can always resort to alternative ways to take a screenshot on an HP computer if one does not work. We have quite a few methods that we will talk about in this section. On the other hand, check out this guide on shutting down a laptop from the keyboard.
With Print Screen Key
The Print Screen key is labelled differently on different keyboards. You may find it as “PrtSc,” “PrntSc,” or “PrntScrn.” Besides, it is mainly located on the topmost row of the keyboard.
Here is how you can click a screenshot with the Print Screen button:
- Open the screen you want to capture.
- Press the “PrtSc” key on your keyboard.
- Now, go to the location where you want to send the image, for example, WhatsApp or Messenger, and click on the chat box.
- Press the “Ctrl+V” buttons to paste the image and send it. Additionally, you can paste it into editing programs, like Paint or MS Word.
Windows and PrtSc
Altogether, push the “Windows+PrtSc” keys on the keyboard to instantly take a screenshot of your current screen. Plus, the image will save to the “Pictures” folder itself.
Also Read: How To Clear Browser’s Cache? [PC And Phone]
Alt And PrtSc
Hit the “Alt+PrtSc” keys together to capture an image. Choose the location to save the screenshot and “Save” it. Furthermore, we have a detailed article on waking the computer up from sleep in case the HP computer won’t turn on.
Windows, Shift, And S Keys
This key combination allows you to screenshot specific areas on your HP screen, for example, a particular dialog box or anything else.
Use these instructions to learn the process:
- Simultaneously, press the “Windows+Shift+S” buttons.
- Your cursor will transform into a “+” sign. Select the area you want to capture and hit “Enter.”
- Save the picture at your desired location.
- Alternatively, you can cancel the selection with the “Esc” key.
Use Third-Party Tools
Several tools on the internet let you capture and record your laptop screen. Some of the reliable ones are ShareX and AwesomeScreenshot. Download the files for this software from their respective websites and complete the installation on your computer.
Windows has a built-in Snipping Tool that lets you snip any part of the screen and turn it into an image. Amazingly, it offers three different ways to capture a screenshot, which we will mention below.
Follow the steps below to use the Snipping Tool the correct way:
- Click on the “Search Bar” located in the Windows Taskbar.
- Type “Snipping Tool” and open the app.
- Select “New” from the top bar.
NOTE: You can choose from “Free-Form,” “Rectangular Snip,” or “Window Snip” in the “Mode” option.
- The screen will appear hazy, and the cursor will change to a placemark.
- Cut out the area you want to capture.
- Now, press the “Save Snip” button once you see the preview of your screenshot. The button looks like a Floppy Disk.
- Name the image, decide the file type, like PNG, JPEG, and more, then hit the “Save” button.
Windows And G Keys
You can use this method to capture gaming screenshots. Additionally, the menu has the option to Screen Record as well; therefore pretty useful for gamers to capture their gaming action.
Use Windows+G in the way described below:
- Together, press the “Win+G” buttons on the keyboard.
- It will open a vertical pop-up in the centre of your screen.
- Click on the “Camera” symbol to quickly grab a screenshot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use the built-in “Snipping Tool,” download third-party apps or simultaneously press the “Win+Shift+S” keys.
Resort to the “Snipping Tool,” third-party apps, or the “Win+Shift+S” keys to turn specific areas of the screen into an image.
Press the “PrtSc” button to copy and paste the image into a chat or software.
- Ram Buying Guide: Factors To Consider 
- How to Build a Gaming PC In 2023: The Definitive Guide
- What To Consider When Buying A PC Case?
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
[How To’s & Guides Editor]
Haddi has been in the Gaming and tech Space for over 10 Years Now; he has worked on notable websites like eXputer, Gamepur, Gear Siege, Gearnuke, and plenty more. He is an expert at Games & PC Hardware; you can expect him to solve any problem. People often joke, that if there is any problem anyone can solve, Haddi can solve it faster. Currently, Haddi writes and manages a Team of Experts at Tech4Gamers.
Contact: [email protected]