The Xbox Error Code 0x80830003 signifies that your console is experiencing low storage space. When users attempt to save their game progress, they are confronted with a screen displaying the following message:
- This error code indicates that your Xbox is facing a shortage of available storage space.
- The problem originates from difficulties synchronizing cloud saves, insufficient storage capacity, and corrupted saved data files.
- Effective solutions include removing stored local game data, performing a power cycle on your Xbox, executing a soft reset, or considering a factory reset.
Also Read: How To Clean Xbox & Controller
What Causes Xbox Error Code 0x80830003?
The crux of the issue emerges due to the following:
- Cloud-Based Backup Complexities.
- Lack Of Sufficient Available Storage Space.
- Corrupted Saved Data Files (Either Local or Cloud)
Those who get the error will see the following error message:
How Can I Fix Xbox Error Code 0x80830003?
Before attempting any alternative solutions, it is recommended first to try to reset your internet router.
Restart Your Console
First, I recommend initiating a restart of your Xbox console. This can often address any transient issues that might be causing the problem.
Here is how to restart it:
- Press and hold the Xbox button.
- Once the options menu appears, opt for “Restart Console.”
- Confirm your choice by selecting “Restart,” and patiently wait for the console to complete the reboot process.
- After the restart, check to see if you can save your game data on the console successfully.
Power Cycle Your Console
Here is how to power cycle it:
- Hold the Xbox button on the console for about 10 seconds to turn it off.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the console.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the console.
- Press the Xbox button on the console or controller to turn the console on.
Remove Saved Local Games Data
Here is how to remove saved local games data:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to access the guide.
- Navigate to Profile & System> Settings > System > Storage.
- Choose the option “Clear local saved games.”
- Afterward, attempt to launch your game using the newly cleared savegame cache.
Check Out: How To Clear Cache On Xbox?
Soft Reset Your Console
Here’s how to do it:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
- Select Reset console.
- On the “Reset your console? screen”, select “Reset and keep my games & apps.”
Perform A Factory Reset
If the soft reset didn’t yield the desired results, there’s a strong possibility of an issue with the game copy itself. To address this, you might consider initiating a factory reset on your Xbox, essentially starting anew.
Get In Touch With Xbox Support
Furthermore, you can visit the official Xbox Support website and solicit their assistance regarding this issue. Be sure to communicate the solutions you’ve already attempted.
Frequently Asked Questions
The error code indicates that your console is encountering a shortage of available storage space.
To resolve the error, perform a power cycle on your Xbox, create more available storage, clear the system cache, or perform a soft reset on your console.
No, performing a cache clear will not affect the data stored on the hard disk.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔