It may be the case that you accidentally blocked a friend’s profile on your Xbox and do not know how to unblock them. This guide covers everything about how to unblock people on Xbox on different mediums, such as Xbox mobile and PC apps or the Xbox console.
- Unblocking a person on Xbox can be done using the console or the Xbox app installed on your smartphone or computer.
- Once you have blocked a player, you won’t be able to share Xbox features with them, like, multiplayer gaming, voice chats, and party.
- After unblocking a player, you have to send a new friend request to the player to add them to your Xbox friends list.
What Happens If You Block Someone On Xbox?
After you block a player from your Xbox profile, you cannot:
- Play with them in multiplayer mode.
- Invite them to chats or party.
- View their online status or game achievements.
Also Read: How To Update Xbox?
How To Unblock People On Xbox?
While there are two ways to unblock a player on the Xbox console, the process is limited to a single method if you wish to do it via the Xbox app.
You can quickly unblock a fellow Xbox player using the “Friends” section. However, head to the “Profile And System” section if you want to view all the people you have blocked on your profile.
Via The Friends Menu
Search for the gamertag and unblock using the following steps:
- Access the side menu on your console and head to the “Friends” tab in the upper pane.
- Click “Find Someone.”
- Enter the player tag of the person and wait for the search results.
- Select their profile once it shows up.
- Choose the “Unblock” option in this menu.
Also Read: How To Clean Xbox & Controller
Via The Profile And System Menu
Here is the complete method to unblock a player on your Xbox console:
- Press the “Guide” button on your controller while on the “Homescreen.”
- A menu will appear from the left side of the screen. Head to “Profile And System” by selecting the last icon on the top panel.
- Choose your Xbox gamer profile.
- Select “My Profile.”
- Open the “Social” tab from the upper menu bar.
- Highlight “Following” in the left pane.
- Notice a drop-down menu that says “Everything.”
- Click on it and pick the “Blocked” option.
- The screen will now show you a list of blocked people on your profile.
- Navigate to the name of the player you want to unblock and click on their profile.
- Select “More.”
- Proceed with “Unblock.”
Also Read: How To Reset Xbox? [360, One & Series X]
Xbox Mobile App
To avoid the hassle of tuning on your Xbox console and setting up everything, you can remove a person from your blocked list using the Xbox app on your smartphone.
Proceed with this method once you have installed the mobile app to unblock a person:
- Launch the Xbox app.
- Tap the “Search” icon in the bottom menu.
- Type the player’s profile name in the search bar and select the profile once it shows up.
- Press the “Three-Dot” option in their profile.
- Choose “Unblock.”
Xbox PC App
Xbox PC App is another choice to access your profile and play around the settings. Additionally, check out our extensive guide on turning off the Xbox controller on PC.
Carefully follow these instructions:
- Open the Xbox app.
- Pick “Community” in the left menu.
- Again, search for the person using their profile name in the search bar.
- Go to their profile.
- Press the “More” button.
- Go with “Unblock” from the drop-down menu.
Also Read: How To Clear Cache On Xbox?
The person will not receive any notification or alert that you have blocked them.
Go to the “Profile And System” menu and access the “Blocked” player list on your screen. Click on individual profiles to unblock them.
Search for the gamertag and unblock them with a menu on their profile when using the Xbox app.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔