Get ready for the ultimate showdown between the RTX 4060 and the RX 6800. In this article, we will examine their performance and benchmark results to uncover the true extent of the performance difference between these two GPUs from NVIDIA and AMD. Join us as we delve into the world of gaming performance to determine which GPU comes out on top in the battle of RTX 4060 vs RX 6800.
- Prepare to witness a clash of titans as the RTX 4060 and RX 6800 bring forth their cutting-edge architectures: the revolutionary Ada Lovelace and the formidable RDNA 2.0, respectively.
- In the realm of gaming performance, the RX 6800 takes the lead, showcasing an impressive 37.9% advantage in average FPS over the RTX 4060, delivering a visually stunning and immersive gaming experience.
- Power efficiency becomes the battleground, and here the RTX 4060 emerges as the victor, demonstrating an exceptional 69.3% reduction in average power consumption compared to the power-hungry RX 6800.
- As the battle heats up, thermal management plays a crucial role, and the RTX 4060’s advanced cooling solutions prevail, maintaining temperatures with a significant 10.7% advantage over the RX 6800.
|Technical Specs||Radeon RX 6800||GeForce RTX 4060|
|GPU Name||Navi 21||AD106|
|Architecture||RDNA 2.0||Ada Lovelace|
|Transistors||26,800 million||22,900 million|
|Base Clock||1700 MHz||1830 MHz|
|Boost Clock||2105 MHz||2535 MHz|
|L1 Cache||128 KB per Array||128 KB (per SM)|
|L2 Cache||4 MB||24 MB|
|Memory Bus Width||256 bit||128 bit|
|Memory Bandwidth||512.0 GB/s||288.0 GB/s|
|Release Date||Oct 28th, 2020||June 29th, 2023|
|Approximate Price||480 USD||299 USD|
|Approximate Price||–||Best RTX 4060|
- Process Node: Pushing the boundaries of GPU manufacturing, the RTX 4060 leads the pack with its cutting-edge 5nm process, leaving the RX 6800 behind with its older 7nm process technology.
- Clock Speed: Showcasing its speed prowess, the RX 6800 boasts a base clock of 1700 MHz and a boost clock of 2105 MHz, while the RTX 4060 holds its ground with a base clock of 1830 MHz and a boost clock of 2535 MHz.
- VRAM: Bolstering its memory capacity, the RX 6800 shines with a generous 16GB of GDDR6 VRAM, outmatching the RTX 4060’s 8GB GDDR6 VRAM.
- TDP: Delving into thermal power, the RTX 4060 flaunts its efficiency with a lower TDP of 200W, while the RX 6800 demands a higher power consumption with its 250W TDP.
- Supported Technologies: Unleashing advanced graphics enhancements, the RTX 4060 leverages DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling), while the RX 6800 incorporates FSR (FidelityFX Super Resolution) to enhance visual fidelity.
Also Read: RTX 4070 Vs RX 6800
RTX 4060 Vs RX 6800: Gaming Benchmarks
Now stepping into the gaming battleground and witnessing the clash between the RTX 4060 and the RX 6800. We will push these formidable GPUs’ limits, meticulously analyzing performance benchmarks to unveil their untapped potential. Prepare to be captivated by the thrilling showdown as we delve deep into the gaming capabilities of these gaming powerhouses.
Here are the specs of the testing rig:
- CPU: Intel Core i9 13900K
- Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z790 – E Gaming
- CPU Cooler: Corsair ICUE H150I ELITE
- Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 6000MHz
- Power Supply: Corsair RMX Series RM1000X 1000W
- Storage Drive: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
During our in-depth analysis, we will delve into critical performance metrics of the RTX 4060 and RX 6800, including average FPS, 1% low frame rates, power consumption, and thermal efficiency at 1440p resolution.
Note: As we dive into the benchmark statistics, it’s crucial to consider the multitude of factors that influence gaming performance. So keep in mind the impact of driver updates, software optimizations, and hardware synergy.
Without wasting any time, let’s jump straight into the heart of the matter and embark on our journey through the RTX 4060 vs RX 6800 gaming benchmarks.
God Of War
- In an intriguing turn of events, the RX 6800 confidently takes the lead with a remarkable 43.8% advantage in average FPS performance over the RTX 4060, achieving an impressive 114 FPS compared to the RTX 4060’s 73 FPS.
- Unveiling its thermal prowess, the RTX 4060 impresses with a remarkable 8.9% advantage in temperature control, maintaining an average thermal of 64°C compared to the RX 6800’s 70°C.
- Revealing its power efficiency, the RTX 4060 shines with a remarkable 63.5% advantage in power consumption, operating at 114.5W compared to the RX 6800’s 221.2W.
- In a surprising turn, the RTX 4060 lags significantly behind with a staggering 54.7% lower 1% low performance, achieving 53 FPS, while the RX 6800 maintains a solid 93 FPS.
Horizon Zero Dawn
- The RX 6800 continues to showcase its superiority in gaming performance, outshining the RTX 4060 with a significant 43.5% lead in average FPS, achieving 109 FPS compared to the RTX 4060’s 70 FPS.
- In a striking contrast, the RTX 4060 demonstrates its superior thermal management with a notable 14.4% lead over the RX 6800, operating at an average temperature of 58°C compared to the RX 6800’s 67°C.
- Moreover, the RTX 4060 demonstrates its power efficiency prowess with a significant 69.1% lead over the RX 6800, boasting a power consumption of 117.8W compared to the RX 6800’s 242.3W.
- In addition, the RTX 4060 falls short with a remarkable 63.4% lower 1% low performance at 43 FPS, while the RX 6800 impressively maintains a higher performance at 83 FPS.
Similar Read: Radeon RX 6800 Vs RX 6800 XT
Far Cry 6
- A striking contrast emerges as the RX 6800 demonstrates its dominance, boasting a substantial 49.6% advantage in average FPS performance over the RTX 4060, achieving 88 FPS compared to the RTX 4060’s 53 FPS.
- A notable distinction arises as the RTX 4060 showcases its thermal superiority, boasting a significant 12.1% advantage in temperature control over the RX 6800, operating at an average thermal of 54°C compared to the RX 6800’s 61°C.
- Furthermore, a power efficiency advantage emerges as the RTX 4060 showcases a substantial 73.5% lead over the RX 6800, operating at a power consumption of 104.9W compared to the RX 6800’s 226.8W.
- A striking distinction emerges as the RTX 4060 exhibits a substantial 71.6% lower 1% low performance, reaching 34 FPS, while the RX 6800 maintains superior stability at 72 FPS.
- In the battle for average FPS, the RTX 4060 falls behind with a 24% disadvantage compared to the RX 6800, achieving 110 FPS against the RX 6800’s 140 FPS.
- The RTX 4060 maintains its thermal advantage with a 7.6% lead over the RX 6800, operating at an average temperature of 63°C compared to the RX 6800’s 68°C.
- Moreover, the RTX 4060 maintains its power efficiency advantage with a 67.3% lead over the RX 6800, operating at a power consumption of 104.6W compared to the RX 6800’s 210.7W.
- The RTX 4060 experiences a notable 47.1% lower 1% low performance at 68 FPS, while the RX 6800 demonstrates a higher performance at 110 FPS.
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare II
- The RX 6800 solidifies its gaming superiority by delivering an impressive 38.6% lead in average FPS performance over the RTX 4060, achieving 139 FPS compared to the RTX 4060’s 94 FPS.
- A significant thermal difference is observed as the RTX 4060 exhibits a 10.5% advantage over the RX 6800, operating at an average temperature of 63°C compared to the RX 6800’s 70°C.
- In the realm of power efficiency, the RTX 4060 confidently asserts its dominance, boasting a remarkable 77.2% lead over the RX 6800, operating at a power consumption of 104.8W compared to the RX 6800’s 236.8W.
- A considerable performance gap is observed as the RTX 4060 falls behind with a significant 49.7% lower 1% low performance, reaching 65 FPS, while the RX 6800 maintains a solid 108 FPS.
- In the realm of average FPS, the RX 6800 establishes its dominance with a commanding 41.4% advantage over the RTX 4060, achieving 67 FPS compared to the RTX 4060’s 44 FPS.
- Moreover, when it comes to thermal efficiency, the RTX 4060 confidently asserts its dominance, showcasing a remarkable 16.5% lead over the RX 6800, operating at an average of 61°C compared to the RX 6800’s 72°C.
- The RTX 4060 solidifies its power efficiency advantage with a 67.9% lead over the RX 6800, operating at a power consumption of 119.1W compared to the RX 6800’s 241.6W.
- Additionally, the RTX 4060 showcases a 47.4% lower 1% low performance at 37 FPS, while the RX 6800 exhibits a higher performance at 60 FPS.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- As the dust settles, the RX 6800 secures its position as the frontrunner with a notable 33.8% lead in average FPS performance over the RTX 4060, achieving 114 FPS compared to the RTX 4060’s 81 FPS.
- The RTX 4060 solidifies its thermal superiority with a 4.8% lead over the RX 6800, maintaining an average temperature of 60°C compared to the RX 6800’s 63°C.
- Furthermore, the RTX 4060 maintains its power efficiency superiority with a 67% lead over the RX 6800, operating at a power consumption of 116.3W compared to the RX 6800’s 233.6W.
- A noticeable difference arises as the RTX 4060 experiences a 39.5% lower 1% low performance at 65 FPS, while the RX 6800 maintains a more stable performance at 97 FPS.
Overall Gaming Performance
As we delve into the realm of overall gaming performance, we assess the capabilities of the RTX 4060 and RX 6800, analyzing a range of critical metrics. Through rigorous benchmarking and meticulous evaluation, we aim to provide a comprehensive understanding of how these GPUs perform in real-world gaming scenarios.
- The gaming battlefield witnesses the undisputed triumph of the RX 6800, leaving the RTX 4060 in its wake as it showcases unparalleled gaming performance.
- Dominating the gaming benchmarks, the RX 6800 showcases its superiority with an astounding average FPS of 110.1, leaving the RTX 4060 trailing behind at a mere 75 FPS.
- Stealing the spotlight in the realm of gaming excellence, the RX 6800 flaunts an impressive 37.9% lead in FPS performance over the RTX 4060, proving its status as the ultimate choice for dedicated gamers.
Average Power Consumption
Under the spotlight of average power consumption, we examine the RTX 4060 and RX 6800 energy efficiency. By measuring their power draw during intense gaming sessions, we gain insights into the power demands of these GPUs. Join us as we explore the benchmark results to uncover the power consumption and efficiency differences between the RTX 4060 and RX 6800.
- Unleashing its power efficiency prowess, the RTX 4060 takes the spotlight, surpassing the RX 6800 with its remarkable energy-saving capabilities across a diverse range of gaming experiences.
- With impeccable power management, the RTX 4060 demonstrates its superiority by maintaining an average power consumption of 111.7W, while the RX 6800 trails behind with a higher average of 230.4W.
- Lastly, the power consumption battle concludes decisively, with the RTX 4060 establishing an impressive 69.3% lead in energy efficiency over the RX 6800, solidifying its position as the champion of power-saving performance.
Average Thermal Statistics
Stepping into the realm of thermal management, we focus on the average thermal statistics of the RTX 4060 and RX 6800. We can assess their cooling capabilities and overall thermal performance by closely monitoring their temperatures during demanding gaming scenarios. Join us as we analyze the benchmark results to uncover the thermal differences between these two:
- Stepping into the realm of thermal performance, the RTX 4060 claims its throne as the ultimate victor. It showcases exceptional temperature control capabilities that outshine the RX 6800.
- Moreover, with an impressive 6.8°C advantage, the RTX 4060 demonstrates its expertise in thermal management. It maintains a cool operating temperature of 60.4°C, leaving the RX 6800 in its wake at 67.2°C.
- As our evaluation draws to a close, it becomes evident that the RTX 4060 enjoys a substantial 10.7% advantage over the RX 6800 in terms of thermal efficiency, solidifying its position as the superior choice for heat management.
Pricing And Availability
Under the umbrella of pricing and availability, the RTX 4060 and RX 6800 cater to different consumer preferences. While the RX 6800 comes with a 46.4% higher price tag of around 480 USD, making it less budget-friendly for thrifty gamers.
On the other hand, the RTX 4060 showcases its value proposition by offering enhanced performance capabilities and cutting-edge features at a more attractive MSRP of approximately 299 USD.
However, availability might be a consideration, as the RTX 4060’s status as a new release may result in limited supply initially due to high demand. In contrast, the RX 6800, with its established presence, enjoys wider accessibility across retail channels, providing a smoother and more readily available option for those looking to make a purchase.
RX 6800 Vs RTX 4060: Which One To Choose?
- The RTX 4060 and RX 6800 present a dichotomy in the gaming landscape. The RTX 4060 captivates with its compelling 46.4% cost advantage over the RX 6800 but also endures a notable 37.9% loss in average FPS performance.
- On the other hand, the RTX 4060 emerges as a beacon of power efficiency, boasting an impressive 69.3% reduction in power consumption. Moreover, maintaining 10.7% cooler temperatures compared to the RX 6800.
- Upon comprehensive analysis, the RX 6800 claims the crown, showcasing its superior performance prowess. While the RTX 4060 establishes itself as a compelling choice for those seeking cost-effectiveness.
Pros And Cons
|GeForce RTX 4060||
|Radeon RX 6800||
The RX 6800 holds the advantage with a remarkable 37.9% higher average FPS compared to the RTX 4060.
The RTX 4060 showcases superior power efficiency, boasting an impressive 69.3% lower average power consumption compared to the power-hungry RX 6800.
The RTX 4060 excels in thermal management, maintaining temperatures with a significant 10.7% advantage over the RX 6800.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
I’m a passionate computer hardware expert specializing in CPUs and GPUs. With a lifelong curiosity for hardware and extensive hands-on experience, I provide valuable insights, practical advice, and in-depth analysis on these components. Engaging with the hardware community, I exchange knowledge and stay at the forefront of technological advancements.
Get In Touch: [email protected]