“Origin: We’ve Noticed Your Computer Is Currently Offline” error message mainly occurs due to an unstable internet connection. Restart the internet or follow through with other methods discussed in this guide to resolve this error.
- You may encounter the Origin offline error on your computer while launching or installing an EA Game.
- It can occur due to poor internet connectivity, active proxy settings on your computer, and corrupt data in the app’s files.
- The Origin offline error is solvable by power cycling your internet, restarting the computer, disabling antivirus software, and more.
Why Is Origin Offline On Your Computer?
The Origin may go offline for several reasons, including poor internet connectivity. Apart from this, if the proxy settings or the firewall are enabled on your computer, it can also disrupt the Origin services.
Furthermore, outdated or corrupted Origin files are another reason you may see offline error messages on your screen. Additionally, the issue can arise if you use older versions of the Operating System (OS) on your computer.
How To Fix Origin: We’ve Noticed Your Computer Is Currently Offline Error?
There are many ways to get out of Origin offline mode, for example, by updating your Operating System and clearing the DNS cache. Besides, read What Is A CPU? Everything You Need To Know and What Is TDP, Factors, Overclocking & Guide if you want to learn about important computer-related terms.
Inspect Origin Server Status
You cannot use Origin services if its servers are down. The downloading and gameplay will be halted until the technical team at Origin fixes the servers.
- Open the Default Browser on your PC.
- Search Origin Server Status.
- Go to the first link, which says Origin Down? Current Outages And Problems.
- See what the screen reads. If it says, User Reports Indicate No Current Problems At Origin; then the Origin servers are up and running.
Power Cycle Your Internet Router
A power cycle, also known as a hard restart, cleans the connection of temporary glitches and bugs that may affect your internet connection’s overall strength and speed.
- Head to your Internet Router.
- Locate the Power button, usually placed at the back of the device.
- Press the Power button to Turn Off your router.
- Disconnect the Power Cord and the Ethernet Cable from the backside.
- Turn Off The Respective Switch on the electric board.
- Wait for about 5 Minutes.
- Reconnect the Power Cord and the Ethernet Cable.
- Resume the Power Supply to your router by Turning On The Switch.
- Again, press the Power button to Turn On the router.
- Let the lights come on and Restore The Internet Connection on your PC.
A glitch or bug in your system can hinder Origin’s smooth operation on the device. Consequently, restart your laptop or PC and relaunch Origin. You can read our extensive guide on How To Power Cycle A PC? to master this basic troubleshooting step.
Use An Alternative Connection
Firstly, launch any streaming app on your smartphone, for example, YouTube, and see if you can play content smoothly. The smartphone must be connected to the same internet network as your PC. If the internet fails to function on your smartphone, you may need to use a different network to fix the error.
In the case of the Origin app on smartphones or tablets, close it completely and remove it from the recently opened tabs. Relaunch the app after a minute or two. However, if you use the Desktop version of Origin, close the website’s tab and re-access it on your browser.
Reinstall The Game
If all other games except one work fine on Origin, the trouble likely resides within that particular game. Reinstall the affected game and see if it works fine.
Turn Off Proxy
A proxy can cause the internet to slow down on your computer. Moreover, a misconfigured proxy can also temper the network connectivity and disrupt your access to some websites. Therefore, disable the proxy to use Origin on your device.
- Go to Control Panel from the Desktop.
- Open Network And Internet.
- Select Internet Options from the next window.
- Click on Connections from the top bar.
- Choose LAN Settings.
- Navigate to the Proxy Server heading and ensure the box beside Use A Proxy Server For Your LAN is unchecked.
- Hit OK.
- Click on the Apple menu at the upper left edge.
- Open System Preferences.
- Go to Network.
- Highlight WiFi from the left panel and click on Advanced.
- Open the Proxies section.
- Make sure all the boxes are Unmarked.
Allow Origin Through Windows Firewall
Unblocking the Origin app lets it send information to and from your PC through the Windows Firewall. Consequently, you can prevent connection troubles or poor performance by letting Origin communicate over your network.
- Access the Settings page.
- Head to Network And Internet.
- Scroll down and click on Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow An App Through Firewall.
- Press the Change Settings button.
- Then, click Allow Another App.
- Hit Browse.
- Pick Origin.exe from the dialog box and press Open.
- Click on Add.
Clear DNS Cache
Clearing the DNS cache is handy when you are having problems connecting to a website. The DNS cache may become corrupted or outdated, leading to different issues on your system.
- Press the Windows+R keys altogether on your keyboard.
- Type cmd and press Enter.
- Execute the command ipconfig/flushdns.
- Press the Search icon on the top menu.
- Type and Search Terminal.
- Execute the code, sudo dscacheutil -flushcache; sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder.
- Enter your Password and hit Enter.
Set The Correct Date/Time On Your Device
Several online websites and apps use security certificates that are only valid till a certain date to protect the user’s privacy. If the date and time settings on your computer are incorrect, it might confuse the validity of the certificates.
In addition, if the clock is out of sync with the Network Time Protocol (NTP), it can give rise to connectivity issues when using online services, including the “Origin: We’ve Noticed Your Computer Is Currently Offline” error.
- From the Control Panel, go to Clock And Region.
- Click on Set The Time And Date under the Date And Time heading.
- Press Change Time Zone.
- Set the correct Time Zone to adjust the date and time accordingly and click on OK.
- Access the Apple menu and go to System Preferences.
- Select Date & Time.
- Click the Lock icon at the bottom left.
- Enter your Password and press the Unlock button to change the system settings.
- Unmark the box, Set Time And Date Automatically.
- Now, set the accurate time and date and Save the changes.
Update The Operating System
OS updates come with enhanced security measures and other features which improve the system’s overall functioning and speed. Using outdated OS versions can cause frequent errors, sudden crashes, and connectivity issues on your computer. You will find step-by-step instructions for updating different Windows versions in our guide, How To Update Windows [11, 10, 8, And 7].
- Click on the Settings icon from the Start menu.
- Choose Update And Security from the wide list of options.
- Stay on the Windows Update section while the system automatically scans for available updates.
- On the other hand, press the Check For Updates button if the scanning does not start automatically.
- Download And Install the detected updates.
- Click on the System Settings icon on the bottom bar.
- Choose General and then go to the Software Update section
- The Mac device will initiate Checking For Updates.
- Download the update if it is required on your device.
Disable Antivirus Softwares
Third-party antivirus software can cause Origin to malfunction on your computer. Therefore, disable any relevant apps before accessing the app or website.
Clean Origin Cache
Clearing Origin’s cache will remove inaccurate data and bugs within the app’s files on your system to enable its hassle-free performance.
Origin Desktop App (Windows)
- Launch the Run box with Windows+R keys.
- Type %ProgramData%/Origin and choose OK.
- Press Ctrl+A on your keyboard to select all the files on this window.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the LocalContent folder to de-select it. Let go of the Ctrl key.
- Right-Click on any selected files and hit Delete from the drop-down. Be careful not to click anywhere else till you delete the files; otherwise, you will lose the file selection.
- Once deleted, open the Run box and enter %AppData%.
- It will take you to the Roaming sub-folder.
- Navigate to Origin in this window and Delete it.
- Go to the Navigation Panel and click on App Data.
- Choose Local.
- Delete the Origin folder in this section.
- Restart the computer.
- Select Go from the top menu.
- Open Go To Folder.
- Write /Library/ and hit Go.
- Find and select Application Support from the window.
- Pick Origin.
- Right-Click on DownloadCache and select Move To Trash from the mini-menu.
- Next, Empty the Trash on your Mac computer to clean the cache.
Reset Windows Socket
The Windows Socket (Winsock) Catalog can become corrupted or damaged, which leads to slow internet speed, and problems launching certain websites or connecting to the internet. Consequently, resetting Winsock can fix issues with the network connection on your computer, including the “Origin: We’ve Noticed Your Computer Is Currently Offline” error.
- Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Restart your computer to see the changes.
Reset Internet Settings
Resetting these settings can solve internet issues with Origin. Moreover, a user on the EA Answers HQ resumed their gaming on Origin using this fix.
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Write netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie and hit Enter.
Run Origin In Compatability Mode
The fix is applicable if you have the Origin app installed on your computer. Enabling this feature, Windows simulates an older operating system to run certain apps designed for older versions of Windows. Try this if you have recently updated Windows on your computer to a newer version.
- Right-Click on the Origin app.
- Select Properties from the drop-down.
- Go to Compatability.
- Mark the box beside Run This Program In Compatibility Mode For and select the Latest Version of Windows the drop-down box has.
- Press Apply, followed by OK.
Clean Boot Your Computer
Performing a clean boot reduces conflicts within the system and helps identify potential issues by starting it with only the necessary software and drivers. It can also help resolve internet connectivity on your computer by disabling problematic apps.
- Type msconfig in the Run box and press Enter.
- It will take you to the System Configuration window.
- Head to the Services section.
- Hide All Microsoft Services by marking the box beside it.
- Click the Disable All button.
- Next, open the Startup tab.
- Click Open Task Manager.
- Disable each of these programs on the list by Right-Clicking on them.
- Now, head back to the System Configuration window.
- Press OK and restart your computer.
What Should You Do If None Of These Fixes Resolve The Error?
Also, read our guides on The Computer Did Not Resync, No Data Was Available, and Computer Restarts When Trying To Print.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may see the error message if the Origin app does not have administrator permissions on your system, the files have an erroneous cache, or there is an issue with your WiFi router.
You can relaunch Origin, update Windows, and clear the DNS cache on the computer to get Origin back online.
A clean boot will not erase any data or personal files on your computer. It only starts the system with the necessary programs and drivers to detect errors.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
[Errors Troubleshooting Expert]
Arsalan Shakil (aka GuyThatDoesEverything on YouTube) is a PC Tech Enthusiast and Electronic Geek. With over 10+ years of experience in Electronics, he then decided to explore Software Engineering to design embedded products and automate existing hardware solutions.
When he started tearing down old cameras to understand how they worked, he was shocked (literally, when he got zapped by a flash discharge capacitor), giving him the power (debatable) to fall in love with videography/photography. He also started making some fun videos that later became YouTube tech reviews.
- 10+ years of experience in Electronics design, embedded solutions, and prototyping
- Majored in Software Engineering
- Research paper publication in IEEE for Embedded Military Uniform & LoRa WAN wireless technology
- Specialized in IoT Solutions
- PC Enthusiast & PC Modder
In his local region, he’s known to expose cheap PSU brands, often claiming fake certification or false claims on the box. He’s a true nerd and needed some friends in his life. Then he met some guys who work at Tech4Gamers, and they also came out to be equal nerds who suggested he join Tech4Gamers as a Hardware Expert.