Navigating the oversupply of ray tracing-capable graphics cards available can be quite a challenge. Having previously explored the RTX 2060 vs 3060 debate, we now find ourselves comparing the RX 6600 XT vs RTX 3060. This firsthand experience aims to shed light on their differences, helping you make an informed choice.
- Based on our comprehensive testing and research, the RX 6600 XT consistently outperforms the RTX 3060, boasting an impressive 12.2% higher average FPS across the tested games.
- In terms of power consumption, the RX 6600 XT is the more power-efficient choice, consuming 23% less power on average than the RTX 3060, which contributes to lower energy costs.
- Our observations also revealed that the RX 6600 XT maintains better thermal management, consistently running 9.6% cooler than the RTX 3060 during gaming sessions.
- From a pricing perspective, the RX 6600 XT presents an attractive and budget-friendly option, with a starting price of approximately $220. This marks a notable 24% difference compared to the starting price of the RTX 3060, which typically hovers around $280.
|Technical Specs||GeForce RTX 3060||Radeon RX 6600 XT|
|GPU Name||GA106||Navi 23|
|Memory Bus Width||192 bit||128 bit|
|Memory Bandwidth||360.0 GB/s||256.0 GB/s|
|Release Date||Jan 12th, 2021||Jul 30th, 2021|
|Approximated Price||280 USD||220 USD|
|Best Variants||Best RTX 3060 Cards||-|
- Process Node: The RTX 3060 is built on an 8nm process node, while the RX 6600 XT utilizes a more advanced 7nm process, highlighting AMD’s manufacturing advantage.
- Clock Speed: The RTX 3060 offers a Base Clock of 1320 MHz and a Boost Clock of 1777 MHz, whereas the RX 6600 XT boasts significantly higher clock speeds with a Base Clock of 1968 MHz and a Boost Clock of 2589 MHz, providing potential for faster performance.
- VRAM: When it comes to VRAM, the RTX 3060 features a generous 12GB of GDDR6, whereas the RX 6600 XT is equipped with 8GB of GDDR6, indicating a disparity in memory capacity that may impact gaming at higher resolutions.
- TDP: The RTX 3060 carries a TDP of 170W, slightly higher than the RX 6600 XT’s 160W TDP, indicating differences in power consumption and thermal management.
- Supported Technologies: While the RTX 3060 incorporates DLSS technology, enhancing gaming performance and visuals, the RX 6600 XT relies on FSR for upscaling, showcasing AMD’s alternative approach to image enhancement.
RTX 3060 Vs RX 6600 XT: Gaming Benchmarks
Having delved into the distinct specifications of these GPUs, it’s time for real-world testing. Benchmarks are the ultimate measure of performance, and to provide an accurate comparison, we are now pitting the RX 6600 XT against the 3060 in a range of games at 1080P resolution.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
- Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify
- RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2 x 16GB, 3600 MHz with CL16-16-16-36
- CPU Cooler: Enermax Liqmax III 360mm
- Graphics Card: MSI RX 6600 XT Gaming X & Zotac RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC
- After putting the RX 6600 XT and RTX 3060 head-to-head in Dirt 5, it was clear to us that the RX 6600 XT had the upper hand, delivering an average of 80 FPS, leaving the RTX 3060 in the dust with a 16.2% lead.
- Marvel’s Avengers was another test where the RX 6600 XT showed us its strength. With a consistent average FPS of 93, it outperformed the RTX 3060 by 7.8%. We can really see RX 6600 XT’s prowess here.
- As we ventured into the world of Cyberpunk 2077, the RX 6600 XT continued to impress us. It maintained an average FPS of 67, giving it a 7.7% advantage over the RTX 3060. This real-world test showcased the RX 6600 XT’s incredible gaming capabilities.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla pushed the GPUs further, and once again, we saw the RX 6600 XT proved its worth. With an average FPS of 86, it outshone the RTX 3060 by a significant 27.8%.
Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Microsoft Flight Simulator demanded top-notch performance, and we witnessed the excellence of RX 6600 XT. With an average FPS of 63 compared to the RTX 3060’s 62, the difference may seem slight at 1.6%, but in the gaming world, every frame counts.
Horizon Zero Dawn
- Our gaming journey took us to Horizon Zero Dawn next, where the RX 6600 XT continued to show us maintaining its lead. With an average FPS of 88, it showcased a 3.4% advantage over the RTX 3060, reinforcing its superior performance.
- Outriders was yet another game where we saw that the RX 6600 XT excelled. A remarkable average FPS of 88 secured an 8.2% lead over the RTX 3060, confirming the real-world advantages of the RX 6600 XT.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2 is known for its demanding graphics, and here, the RX 6600 XT proved us its mettle with an average FPS of 79, leaving the RTX 3060 trailing by 13.5%.
Call Of Duty: Warzone
- We could see that in Call of Duty: Warzone, both cards pushed the limits, but the RX 6600 XT rose to the challenge. With an impressive average of 150 FPS, it outperformed the RTX 3060 by a significant 18.9%.
RTX 3060 Vs RX 6600 XT: Overall Gaming Performance
Now that the individual values are aside, let us shed light on their averages so you know how well each card performs on average.
- Through extensive testing across various games, the RX 6600 XT consistently delivered an average of 88.2 FPS, outperforming the RTX 3060’s average of 78 FPS.
- These results indicate a noteworthy 12.2% difference in FPS performance between the RX 6600 XT and the RTX 3060, highlighting the RX 6600 XT’s superior gaming capabilities.
- Under our thorough observation, the RX 6600 XT exhibited an average power consumption of 132.2W, surpassing the RTX 3060, which averaged 166.6W in power usage across the evaluated games.
- From these obtained results, we underscored a substantial 23% difference in average power consumption performance between the RX 6600 XT and the RTX 3060, emphasizing the RX 6600 XT’s power-efficient design.
- Throughout the entire test, the RX 6600 XT showed us that it maintained an average temperature of 63.5°C, which was notably cooler than the RTX 3060’s average temperature of 70°C across the evaluated games.
- These temperature measurements highlight a substantial difference in average thermal statistics performance between the RX 6600 XT and the RTX 3060, underlining the superior thermal management of the RX 6600 XT.
Pricing And Availability
- Based on our research, we found that the RX 6600 XT is competitively priced, with a starting point of around $220 on platforms like Newegg.
- On the other hand, the RTX 3060 comes in at a slightly higher starting price, with it being available for around $280 on Newegg. This results in a price difference of approximately 24% between the two graphics cards.
RX 6600 XT Vs RTX 3060: Which One Do I Recommend?
- In our research, the RX 6600 XT consistently outperformed the RTX 3060, delivering an impressive 12.2% higher average FPS across the tested games.
- When it comes to power consumption, the RX 6600 XT proved to us that it is more power-efficient, consuming 23% less power on average than the RTX 3060.
- We also observed that the RX 6600 XT maintained a lower average temperature during gaming, running 9.6% cooler than the RTX 3060.
- On the pricing front, the RX 6600 XT offers a more budget-friendly option, starting at approximately $220, which is 24% less than the starting price of the RTX 3060 at around $280.
- So, based on our research and first-hand experience, I would recommend the RX 6600 XT over the RTX 3060. The RX 6600 XT’s greater FPS, better power efficiency, lower temperatures, and more budget-friendly price make it a compelling choice for gamers looking for excellent performance and value for their money.
Pros And Cons
|Radeon RX 6600 XT||
|GeForce RTX 3060||
The RX 6600 XT is notably more power-efficient than the RTX 3060, requiring 23% less power while delivering strong 1080p gaming performance.
While the RTX 3060 supports ray tracing, the RX 6600 XT relies on FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) for ray tracing effects in most titles, as it lacks dedicated ray tracing hardware.
Yes, the RX 6600 XT is generally more budget-friendly compared to the RTX 3060, with a price difference of approximately 24%, making it a compelling option for gamers on a budget.
More From RX 6600 XT
More From RTX 3060
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
Abdemanaf is a skilled creative writer who has been honing his craft since 2011. While initially working in different fields, he found a passion for technology and has been exploring the tech world since early 2015. Over the years, he has developed an in-depth knowledge of the latest tech trends and product offerings by various companies.
Abdemanaf’s writing reflects his analytical mindset and ability to think critically. He has a knack for breaking down complex technical information into easily digestible pieces, making his articles engaging and accessible to readers from all backgrounds. In February 2022, he joined Tech4Gamers as a blog and product comparison writer, where he has been able to hone his skills further.
As a writer, Abdemanaf is dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest technological advancements and trends, enabling him to provide readers with the most relevant and accurate information. He is always eager to learn more and is constantly seeking new challenges to improve his skills.
Get In Touch: [email protected]