While some RGB keyboards have separate software to control their color effects and animations, Havit relies on certain key combinations to change keyboard color. For instance, pairing keys with the Function (Fn) key lets you control various aspects of the keyboard, like Havit Keyboard’s color-changing process.
- Toggle between Havit Keyboard color modes with Fn+Backlit/Fn+F9 keys depending upon the model.
- To switch color in a specific mode, press Backlit or Fn+Up/Down.
- Light up your desired keys on the keyboard in the recording mode and save the settings.
How To Change Havit Keyboard Color?
For most models, like HV-KB366L Magic Eagle Mechanical Keyboard, turn on the backlighting by pressing the Fn+Backlit buttons. The Backlit key has a sun-like symbol on it.
Also Read: How To Change Color On Razer Keyboard?
Moreover, to switch colors in a particular mode, press the Backlit key once and keep pushing until you find your desired color, like Blue, White, or any other from the seven colors offered.
For other models, such as Havit KB432L and Havit KB235L, press the Fn+F9 keys altogether to switch between RGB backlighting modes.
Similarly, you can juggle between specific colors in a single color mode with Fn+Up/Down keys. With these keys, you can move to and forth between the color options.
You will also notice that when you have viewed the last color of a preset lighting effect, the Caps Lock, Windows, and Scroll Lock keys will display white blinking, indicating the end of the color effects. Additionally, you can also check out our extensive guides on changing color on Corsair Keyboard and MageGee Keyboard.
Furthermore, with Fn+PgUp/PgDn keys, you can increase or decrease the brightness of the backlighting color effect. You can also use these keys to turn off the backlighting completely.
On the other hand, the keyboard lets you pick the direction of animation effects. For example, choose between Left to Right or Right to Left using the Fn+Left/Right keys.
Also Read: How To Change The Color Of Corsair RAM? [Detailed Guide]
Enabling Color Presets For Standard Keys
Many Havit Keyboards offer five key presets you can toggle between for effortless gaming. Each preset lights up a standard set of keys I will describe below.
- Fn+1 lights up the arrow keys and the gaming controls (WASD).
- Fn+2 colors a few keys on the left-hand side of the keyboard, including Caps Lock, Windows, F1, F2, and more, along with some keys like PgUp, PgDn, and others.
- Fn+3 only highlights a bunch of keys on the left.
- Fn+4 will light a few alphabet keys and the number keys above them.
- Fn+5 enables the backlight for W, A, S, D, E, Caps Lock, WAlt, and Alt keys, plus the arrow keys.
Customizing Individual Key Colors
One of the best parts about Havit Keyboards is that it has a recording mode to let you pick the keys you want to highlight on the keyboard. Tap the Fn+1 keys, followed by Fn+Esc, to start recording the key taps.
Now, hit the keys you want to light up. Besides, pressing each key more than once allows you to toggle between different colors. Therefore, you can set up custom colors in individual keys in this mode. Once done, save the customization with the Fn+Esc keys. Furthermore, read the steps to changing the color on Alienware Keyboard.
Different Lighting Modes On Havit Keyboards
You can experience several immersive color modes on a Havit keyboard, each designed to add a certain vibe to your gaming room. Before moving on, read how to change the color on Cyberpower PC Keyboard.
- Solid Rainbow Mode: The keyboard is divided into sections, each displaying a different color from the rainbow spectrum. However, the colors remain constant in this mode.
- Marquee Mode: It is similar to the above mode, but the colors flow from one direction to another on the keyboard.
- Single Color Mode: The color stays the same across the keyboard. Plus, select one of the seven colors from the rainbow spectrum using the specific key combination for your keyboard model.
- Breathing Mode (Single Color): The backlighting comes on and fades away slowly, producing a breathing-like effect. However, in this specific mode, it only displays one color.
- Breathing Mode (Rainbow): The keyboard gives a different backlighting color each time it comes on. Furthermore, Havit Keyboard lets you control the speed of the breathing effect with the Fn+Up/Down keys.
- On-Click Zone Mode: It only lights up the zone surrounding the individual key you press on the keyboard.
- Scatter Mode: Colors scatter across the keyboard.
- Highlight Mode: Only the individual key you tap will light up.
- Shooting Light Mode: The light shoots across the entire row of the key you press.
- Zigzag Mode: The light spreads out in a zigzag pattern.
Also Read: How To Change Color On Redragon Keyboard
How To Fix Backlight Not Changing Color?
Use these quick troubleshooting methods if the backlighting is not powering on or if it is not changing color. On the other hand, learn how to shut down a PC with a keyboard.
- Reconnect the Havit Keyboard to your PC.
- Restart the PC.
- Clear out any dust accumulated in the USB slot you use to connect the keyboard.
- Read the keyboard’s manual to check if you are missing out on any step while setting up the keyboard.
- Contact Havit Support.
These are all the methods for changing color on a Havit Keyboard. Make sure to verify your keyboard’s model before use. This way, you can select the right key combination for color control.
Frequently Asked Questions
Two common ways to change color on Havit Keyboards are through “Fn+Backlit” keys or “Fn+F9 Keys.”
Yes, enable the “Recording Mode” with “Fn+Esc” to choose custom keys for the backlighting.
In the recording mode, press the desired key more than once to juggle between different color options.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔