Assassin’s Creed Hexe Team Cut By 50 Developers One Year Before Launch

Expert Verified By

Ubisoft Seemingly Trying To Cut Costs On AC Hexe!

Story Highlight
  • Assassin’s Creed Hexe has suffered the loss of 50 developers from its team, including the game director.
  • The 50 developers have been told to find new projects at Ubisoft within three months if they hope to avoid being laid off.
  • Ubisoft is still aiming for a 2027 release with the title, though the studio hopes to launch it in late 2027.

Ubisoft has seen a lot of positivity lately following the gameplay reveal of Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced. Arriving July 9, this remake promises a huge revamp for the pirate-themed Assassin’s Creed entry, and Ubisoft is taking feedback into account for further improvements.

However, at the same time, the next Assassin’s Creed title seems to be in trouble. Following the departure of its director, Assassin’s Creed Hexe has reportedly lost a total of 50 developers.

Why it matters: Assassin’s Creed Hexe seems to be more ambitious than most recent entries in the series, so these departures could hurt the game a lot.

Assassin's Creed Hexe Fan Art
Assassin’s Creed Hexe will be the first title in the franchise that takes a darker, supernatural path

As reported by Insider Gaming, Ubisoft has recently removed 50 developers from the Assassin’s Creed Hexe development team.

This change comes as part of a broader shift in the game’s direction. Previously, the title was said to be aiming for a 2027 launch, and this report reaffirms that this release target is still in place.

Moreover, it is said that while Ubisoft has not laid off the 50 developers who are no longer working on Assassin’s Creed Hexe, these developers could eventually lose their jobs if they don’t find suitable work within the studio in the next three months.

Ubisoft AI
Ubisoft’s Management Continues To Be Troublesome For Its Developers

The report also states that Ubisoft’s motive behind this move is to potentially push the game back to late 2027.

Currently, Assassin’s Creed Hexe seems to be aiming for a mid-2027 launch. However, the French gaming giant hopes to cut down on the project’s budget and delay its release window.

What do you make of this report about Assassin’s Creed Hexe? Follow this link to the Tech4Gamers Forums to share your thoughts.

Was our article helpful? 👨‍💻

Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋

How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔

Gear Up For Latest News

Get exclusive gaming & tech news before it drops. Sign up today!

Join Our Community

Still having issues? Join the Tech4Gamers Forum for expert help and community support!

Latest News

Join Our Community

104,000FansLike
32,122FollowersFollow

Trending

PlayStation Used Its New AI Animation Tool To Remaster Horizon Zero Dawn

SIE CEO has revealed that PlayStation used its AI animation tool to remaster Horizon Zero Dawn, with more studios adopting it as well.

Guerilla Co-Founder Is Making A New Game Engine With AI-Integration To Rival Unreal Engine

Former Epic dev Arjan Brussee has revealed that he is building a new game engine that can rival Unreal Engine thanks to native AI agents.

New Resident Evil Requiem DLC Faces Mixed Reception From Players

The new Leon Must Die Forever mode has seen mixed reception by players online, with many fans left wishing for the classic Mercenaries mode.

Despite Laying Off 1,000 Devs, Epic Says AI Isn’t Killing Jobs And Is Making Them More Efficient

An Epic Games dev has stated that even though the company recently fired 1,000 employees, it isn't using AI to make jobs redundant.

Sony Now Actively Inviting PS4 Players To Upgrade To PS5 For GTA 6 Release

Sony has started a new marketing campaign in an attempt to convince PS4 users to finally switch over to PS5 to prepare for GTA 6 release.