Welcome to our comprehensive comparison between two powerhouses of the AMD Ryzen series: the AMD Ryzen 7 7840U vs Ryzen 5 7640U. In this article, we will delve into the intricate details of their specifications and performance benchmarks, helping you make an informed decision on which processor best suits your computing needs.
- Both Ryzen 5 7640U and Ryzen 7 7840U boast cutting-edge 4nm fabrication, promising optimized performance and efficiency.
- With comparable base and boost clocks, the Ryzen 7 7840U edges ahead slightly, offering a 3.3 GHz base clock and an impressive 5.1 GHz boost clock, ensuring a seamless computing experience.
- Both processors support up to 256GB of DDR5-5600 and LPDDR5x-7500 memory, catering to data-intensive applications and memory-hungry tasks.
- Leveraging technological advancements, the Ryzen 7 7840U showcases better performance than the Ryzen 5 7640U, achieving higher scores in both single and multi-core benchmarks by 3.1% and 16% on average, respectively.
|Key Specifications||Ryzen 5 7640U||Ryzen 7 7840U|
|Release Date||May 3, 2023||May 3, 2023|
|Integrated GPU||Radeon 760M||Radeon 780M|
|Base Clock||3.5 GHz||3.3 GHz|
|Boost Clock||4.9 GHz||5.1 GHz|
|L1 Cache||64K (per core)||64K (per core)|
|L2 Cache||1MB (per core)||1MB (per core)|
|Transistors||25 billion||25 billion|
|Fabrication Process||4nm||4 nm|
|TDP (PL1)||15-30W (configurable)||15-30 W (configurable)|
|GPU Base Clock||1500 MHz||1500 MHz|
|GPU Boost Clock||2600 MHz||2700 MHz|
|Memory Support||– DDR5-5600
Ryzen 7 7840U Vs Ryzen 5 7640U: Architectural Differences
As we delve into the architectural differences between the AMD Ryzen 7 7840U and Ryzen 5 7640U, we uncover the unique engineering choices and optimizations that shape their performances. These distinctions lay the foundation for a comprehensive comparison, allowing us to understand better how each processor excels in specific computing tasks.
- Process Node: Utilizing cutting-edge technology, the Ryzen 5 7640U and Ryzen 7 7840U are both built on a 4nm fabrication process, reflecting their dedication to innovation and performance excellence.
- Clock Speed: In terms of speed, the Ryzen 5 7640U and Ryzen 7 7840U showcase similar capabilities with a base clock of 3.5 GHz and boost clock of 4.9 GHz, and a base clock of 3.3 GHz and boost clock of 5.1 GHz, respectively, offering competitive performance.
- Memory Support Variation: Furthermore, both the Ryzen 5 7640U and Ryzen 7 7840U support up to 256GB of DDR5-5600 and LPDDR5x-7500 memory, ensuring efficient data access and ample storage for demanding tasks.
- TDP: Demonstrating efficiency, the Ryzen 5 7640U and Ryzen 7 7840U share a 15-30W (configurable) TDP, providing a balance between performance and power consumption for various computing needs.
- Supported Technologies: With a focus on enhancing capabilities, both the Ryzen 5 7640U and Ryzen 7 7840U support ECC Memory, allowing for advanced error correction for critical computing tasks.
After exploring the architectural differences between the AMD Ryzen 7 7840U and Ryzen 5 7640U, it’s time to witness their true capabilities in action through rigorous performance benchmarks. These benchmarks will provide valuable insights into how these processors fare in real-world scenarios, showcasing their prowess in handling various tasks and applications.
Cinebench R23 (Single-Core)
- Starting off strong, the Ryzen 7 7840U shows a slight 3% lead with a score of 1830, while the Ryzen 5 7640U scores 1781, making the former marginally faster in single-core tasks.
Cinebench R23 (Multi-Core)
- In multi-core performance, the Ryzen 7 7840U takes a significant 18% lead with a score of 14936, outperforming the Ryzen 5 7640U’s score of 12648, showcasing its superior multitasking capabilities.
Geekbench 5 (Single-Core)
- When it comes to single-core tasks, the Ryzen 7 7840U demonstrates a 4% lead with a score of 1937, while the Ryzen 5 7640U scores 1869, indicating its slightly better single-core processing.
Geekbench 5 (Multi-Core)
- In multitasking scenarios, the Ryzen 7 7840U maintains a 16% advantage with a score of 10391, while the Ryzen 5 7640U scores 8921, reinforcing its stronger performance in handling parallel tasks.
Ryzen 5 7640U Vs Ryzen 7 7840U: Which Chip Should You Get For Your Computing Needs?
- Firstly, both processors harness cutting-edge 4nm fabrication, emphasizing their technological prowess and potential for optimized performance.
- Furthermore, with comparable clock speeds, the Ryzen 5 7640U and Ryzen 7 7840U offer a swift base clock of 3.5 GHz and 3.3 GHz, and impressive boost clocks of 4.9 GHz and 5.1 GHz, respectively, ensuring a seamless computing experience.
- In addition, equipped to handle memory-intensive tasks, the Ryzen 5 7640U and Ryzen 7 7840U support up to 256GB of DDR5-5600 and LPDDR5x-7500 memory, catering to data-intensive applications.
- Finally using, although quite similar but due to some differences in technological advancement, the Ryzen 7 7840U provides better performance than the Ryzen 5 7640U, beating it in both single and multi-core scores.
The main difference lies in their performance and capabilities. The Ryzen 7 7840U offers better overall performance compared to the Ryzen 5 7640U, especially in single and multi-core tasks.
Both processors have a similar TDP range of 15-30W, ensuring power efficiency. However, Ryzen 7 7840U’s advanced architecture may offer slightly better power optimization in certain scenarios.
Both processors are equipped to handle multitasking and memory-intensive tasks with support for up to 256GB of DDR5-5600 and LPDDR5x-7500 memory.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔