Activision Clarifies Modern Warfare 3 Is Premium Entry And Costs $70

Expert Verified By

No Discount or Price Reduction, Despite Speculation!

Much like previous years, Activision is returning with a new Call of Duty in 2023. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is confirmed for a November release, concluding the new Modern Warfare trilogy with an anticipated entry.

With over seven studios involved in the project, hopes have been high for the game, but recent discoveries hint that Modern Warfare 3 is not much more than a glorified expansion of the last game.

However, Activision believes that it is not a DLC. The game is marketed as a premium release and costs $70.

Why it matters: Previously, it was speculated that Activision could be looking to offer a discount on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

In a statement sent to CharlieIntel, Activision confirmed that the game is a premium release. The statement says:

“It will be priced accordingly at $70.”

As stated earlier, a user recently claimed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 could potentially launch at a lower price.

The user saw a price of around $40 on Steam, leading to speculation about Activision lowering the price due to the game’s former development as an expansion. Further tweets from the user also claimed that a discount could be limited to recent Call of Duty buyers.

However, this rumor has been debunked by Activision. This means that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 buyers and newcomers alike will be required to pay full price for the game.

Furthermore, recent information confirms that Activision is continuing its exclusivity deal with PlayStation, bringing the beta first to PS4 and PS5 consoles.

This may be disappointing for some, but it should not be surprising. Activision has never offered a discount on a new entry in the franchise, and even older games are quite expensive to this day.

Nonetheless, the game is on track for its full reveal on August 17. The event will be held in Warzone, and players can expect to learn more about the title in just a few days.

Was our article helpful? 👨‍💻

Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋

How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔

Gear Up For Latest News

Get exclusive gaming & tech news before it drops. Sign up today!

Join Our Community

Still having issues? Join the Tech4Gamers Forum for expert help and community support!

Latest News

Join Our Community

104,000FansLike
32,122FollowersFollow

Trending

Capcom Forecasts Stronger Launch Sales For Resident Evil Requiem Than Resident Evil Village

Capcom has announced that it expects Resident Evil Requiem to outperform the release of Resident Evil Village.

Capcom Assures Fans Resident Evil Requiem Won’t Suffer From Technical Issues

Capcom has attempted to reassure fans by stating that Resident Evil Requiem won't face the same technical problems as Monster Hunter Wilds.

Dispatch On Track To Meet Its 3-Year Sales Target In Just 3 Months

AdHoc has revealed that Dispatch has been such a major hit that it is on course to meet its 3-year sales target in merely 3 months.

Critics Crown MindsEye As 2025’s Lowest-Rated Game On Metacritic

MindsEye has the lowest Metascore out of any other game launched this year, as per a new list released by the review aggregator.

Ubisoft Halted Trading Because It Could Reportedly Be Acquired By Someone

A notable insider reveals that a Ubisoft employee told him that the company has halted trading because it could be acquired soon.