There has been a massive demand from the gamers community to integrate the Discord app with PlayStation 4. While there is still no full-feature PS4-based Discord application, there are some workarounds that can help you use Discord on PS4 without PC.
- You can use Discord on PS4 without a PC by installing Discord on your phone and connecting it to your PSN account which will only allow you to display your gaming activity.
- You can use the chat feature of Discord by using it via the PS4 Internet Browser on the console.
- You can make audio calls over Discord by installing it on your phone and connecting it to the PS4 console via PS Remote Play using a dummy PSN ID.
Connecting Your Discord Account To PS4
According to Discord, Sony and Discord have decided to roll out the ability to use Discord on PS4, but its features are minimal at this stage. The early version is only available for selected regions and provides basic features like linking your Discord account to your PS4 and showing your gaming activity, such as the current game you are playing. You might also be interested in reading about how to lower CPU temperature.
The current version doesn’t allow users to chat with each other or to stream your games. However, if you want to connect your Discord to your PS4, here’s how you do it.
- Download the Discord app on your phone and install it.
- Open the Discord app and go to User Settings
- In the settings menu, scroll down to Connections and tap it.
- Once you tap connections, you will see a list of icons including a PS icon.
- On tapping the PS icon, it will automatically take you to the PS login window.
- Enter your credentials to log in to your PSN account.
- Your Discord account is now connected to your PSN account.
- You will now see two options, “Display on Profile” and “Display PlayStation Network as your status.”
- Once you turn on both of these options, your game activity will be visible on your profile as well as to your friends and community.
- Ensure that “PSN Online Status” and “Now Playing” visibility is set to “Anyone” in PSN Privacy Settings for this to work.
Note: Your Discord has been connected to your PSN account however you can not chat with anyone. Only your game progress will be visible to your friends and community.
How To Use Discord On PS4 Without a PC
Users have found ways to use the chat feature on Discord on PS4 but most of the methods involve a PC and some extra hardware like MixAmp. These methods offer a workaround to chat with your friends on Discord by splitting your audio between your PC and PS4 hence managing both the gaming audio and the Discord chat.
Also Read: How To Connect Power Button To Motherboard
In the following paragraphs, we will focus on methods that don’t involve a PC to use the chat feature of Discord on PS4.
Use A Dummy Account
For this, you would need a dummy PSN account and a mobile phone.
- First, you need to create a dummy account on your PS4 by selecting New User on the user select screen of your PS4
- Select Create a User and Accept the user agreement to continue with the process.
- In the next window, enter the required credentials to create a new user account.
- Now you need to set this account as your Primary Account.
- Go to Settings on your PS4 and select Account Management.
- Select Activate as Your Primary PS4 and select Activate to set this account as your primary.
- Once this is done, you now need to download and install PS remote Play on your phone.
- Once the remote play app has been installed on your phone, open it and sign in to the dummy account you just created.
- This will allow you to play your games on your main account on the console while speaking to your discord friends.
- Now open the remote play app on your phone, go to Settings (top right corner) and select Video Quality for Remote Play.
- In the newly opened window, set the video parameters to the lowest settings to lower the used bandwidth and avoid audio latency.
- Now connect your hands-free/headset to your phone.
- Open the Discord app on your phone and join the call or voice channel that you want to participate in.
- You also need to turn on the Remote Play from the console, so go to Settings and select Remote Play Connection Settings.
- In the window that opens next, turn on the option of Enable Remote Play.
- Return to the remote play app and tap the button to connect to your PS4 console.
- You will be able to hear the game audio directly on your headset once the Remote Play has been connected.
- Now you can play games using your main account while talking to your friends over discord simultaneously.
Also Check: How To Uninstall Microsoft Edge
Use The PS4 Web Browser
Another way of using Discord on PS4 without a PC is by utilizing the web browser utility of PS4. To do that:
- On your console’s home screen, scroll to the extreme right and open up the Library.
- Once inside the Library, go to Applications, select it and find the option of Internet Browser.
- Alternatively, you can go to the Search bar in the applications menu and search for the Internet Browser.
- Now in the URL bar, type in “Discord.com” and press R2 to go to the website.
- The Discord homepage will open and you need to sign in to your Discord account here.
- Press R3 to zoom in on the screen.
- Here you can read the news and messages sent by other members. You can also send messages by typing in the given field and then selecting the Enter button on the PS4 onscreen keyboard.
(Note: By using this method, you can only read and send text messages and not make audio calls.)
This was everything you needed to know about how to use Discord on PS4 without PC. There is no official Discord app that allows you to use the chat or call feature on PS4 as of yet. These methods do not offer the optimum experience. However, this is all we have at the moment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can work your way around to use Discord on your PS4 by using it via the PS4 Internet Browser or by making a dummy PSN ID.
You can make audio calls on Discord by routing your audio via a mobile phone that has Discord installed in it and is connected to your PS4 console by Remote Play.
You might be facing latency in audio if your internet connection is slow or the bandwidth is limited. Lowering the video quality parameters in PS Remote Play settings can solve this issue.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔