Friday The 13th Game Officially Confirmed To Be Getting A Sequel

Expert Verified By

Sequel Is Currently A Top Priority At Horror Inc.

Story Highlight
  • Horror Inc. recently announced a sequel to 2017’s Friday the 13th game.
  • The sequel is a top priority at the company. 
  • For the second entry, fans want a single-player approach.

Following a rough legal battle regarding the ownership of the Friday the 13th Franchise, it is finally set to move forward, allowing Jason to make his way into new projects and appearances.

2025’s Comic Con had a whole separate panel dedicated to the Jason Universe, where the company finally announced a new movie based on the IP after 15 years alongside a sequel to 2017’s Friday the 13th: The Game.

Why it matters: Friday the 13th has a lot of potential in the gaming world, but was previously held down due to legal issues surrounding the IP. Hopefully, the sequel will iron out whatever issues there were with the first game.

friday the 13th sequel
Horror Inc. VP Announcing Friday The 13th Sequel At The San Diego Comic Con 2025 || Instagram

There aren’t many details on the sequel aside from the fact that it is under development. However, as Horror Inc.’s VP says, the game is a priority at the company, so we’ll hopefully learn more about the project soon enough.

I can tell you that a new sequel movie and new sequel game are at the top of our list. It’s where most of our energy is going right now. And I can tell you finally we’re in a position to deliver on that

2017’s Friday the 13th: The Game started via a Kickstarter campaign that evolved into a complete multiplayer project. However, due to the lawsuit surrounding the IP, updates on the title were paused in 2018. Later, the game’s servers were completely shut down in 2020.

friday the 13th
Developer Ilffonic Was Brutally Hit With Layoffs Last Year

However, for the sequel, fans have been demanding that developer Illfonic should converge towards a single-player title with a higher budget. They’re well aware of the demand, so creating a narrative-focused bloody experience shouldn’t be that much of a problem.

What are your expectations from the sequel? Let us know in the comments below, or at the official Tech4Gamers Forums.

Was our article helpful? 👨‍💻

Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋

How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔

Gear Up For Latest News

Get exclusive gaming & tech news before it drops. Sign up today!

Join Our Community

Still having issues? Join the Tech4Gamers Forum for expert help and community support!

Latest News

Join Our Community

104,000FansLike
32,122FollowersFollow

Trending

FromSoftware “Very Happy” With Nintendo Switch 2 Hardware Upgrade

The Duskbloods had a much tougher path on the original Switch before the Nintendo Switch 2 improved things drastically.

PC User Finds Steal Deal With RTX 5060 Ti For Less Than $250

A PC user somehow managed to find an RTX 5060 Ti for well below its MSRP, obtaining the GPU for just $242.

Dishonored Was Developed As A Last-Ditch Effort But Ended Up Saving Arkane

Arkane’s breakout immersive sim, Dishonored, was reportedly born out of financial pressure and efforts to save the studio.

Malware Disguised As Leaked GTA 6 Builds Has Flooded The Internet

Fake GTA 6 downloads are spreading online, and they contain malware instead of a playable version of Rockstar’s next blockbuster.

Ori 3 From Xbox Is Reportedly In The Works

Another Ori game is said to be in development, but it may not necessarily show up at Gamescom on August 25.