Nvidia is the leading company in the discrete graphics card market share, according to a summary released by JPR (Jon Peddie Research) for Q4-2022. On the other hand, AMD and Intel are falling behind Nvidia and share a similar market share for dedicated graphics cards.
In the Q4 of last year, the global market for graphics cards hit a total of 64.2 million units and declined by -15.4% sequentially and -35% yearly. The decrease in sales in recent years is connected to numerous reasons, including inflation, the rising cost of PC components, and crypto mining almost dead.
The highlights of the Jon Peddie Research are:
- The GPU’s overall (integrated and discrete GPUs, desktops, notebooks, and workstations) to PCs for the quarter was 118%, up 3% from last quarter.
- The overall PC CPU market decreased by -17.4% from quarter to quarter and by 35.3% from year to year.
- Desktop graphics add-in boards (AIBs that use discrete GPUs) increased by 7.8% from the last quarter.
According to the current trajectory in Jon Peddie’s Research, graphics card shipments are expected to increase by 0.19% till 2026. They will include a total of 3.013 Billion units installed, among which the discrete graphics cards segment is expected to acquire around 32% of the market share.
The researcher also noted,
“This quarter’s total graphics processor shipments (integrated/embedded and discrete) decreased an astounding -15.3% from the previous quarter, contributing to a decline in the historical 10-year average rate of 6.8%.
The CPU market share was also affected compared to last year and declined to 54 million units compared to 84 million. Among this stat, the notebook units’ accounted for 63% while the desktop units accounted for 37%.
The PC market is not where it used to be; consumers no longer rush to get the latest tech because of inflation and the high prices of current PC hardware. What are your thoughts on the situation?
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔
Sajjad Hussain is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Tech4Gamers.com. Apart from the Tech and Gaming scene, Sajjad is a Seasonal banker who has delivered multi-million dollar projects as an IT Project Manager and works as a freelancer to provide professional services to corporate giants and emerging startups in the IT space.
- Majored in Computer Science
- 13+ years of Experience as a PC Hardware Reviewer.
- 8+ years of Experience as an IT Project Manager in the Corporate Sector.
- Certified in Google IT Support Specialization.
- Admin of PPG, the largest local Community of gamers with 130k+ members.
Sajjad is a passionate and knowledgeable individual with many skills and experience in the tech industry and the gaming community. He is committed to providing honest, in-depth product reviews and analysis and building and maintaining a strong gaming community.