Everyone fell in love with God of War (2018) when it was launched, and because of the game’s incredible gameplay and gripping cliffhanger, fans clamored for an immediate sequel.

God of War Ragnarok, the title of the game’s sequel, was revealed and immediately took the internet by storm, and the game was finally launched on November 9, 2022, almost 4 years after God Of War (2018).

And since its release, the game has already been reaching huge milestones, topping the UK Boxed Charts, surpassing Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and becoming the second-biggest boxed game launch of the year the UK.

The sales split between the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 has also been disclosed, with the PlayStation 5 accounting for 82% of overall sales and the PlayStation 4 accounting for the remaining 18%, as recorded by gamesindustry.biz.

God of War Ragnarok

Although it is evident that the PlayStation 5 is more powerful and has more features than the PlayStation 4 version of the game, that number is still surprising because we anticipated them to be closer.

And this is all because of the extra features that the PlayStation 5 offers over the PlayStation 4. As a result, PlayStation 5 sales increased because fans wanted to play God Of War Ragnarok on the PlayStation 5 to its true potential. However, nevertheless, the game still plays out amazingly on the PlayStation 4.

God Of War Ragnarok has also been nominated for the Game Of The Year Award and is in tough competition with Elden Ring. Do you think God Of War Ragnarok has what it takes to be the Game Of The Year? Let us know in the comments section.

Read Next: Elden Ring Has Sold Over 17.5 Million Copies Worldwide

Was our article helpful? 👨‍💻

Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋

How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔

Avinash Jaisrani
[News Reporter] Avinash is currently pursuing a Business degree in Australia. For more than three years, he has been working as a gaming journalist, utilizing his writing skills and love for gaming to report on the latest updates in the industry. Avinash loves to play action games like Devil May Cry and has also been mentioned on highly regarded websites, such as IGN, GamesRadar, GameRant, Dualshockers, CBR, and Gamespot.