Introducing the powerhouses: M2 Ultra vs Ryzen 9 7945HX. As we examine the extraordinary face-off between the M2 Ultra and Ryzen 9 7945HX CPUs, prepare to see a conflict of rulers. This comparison reveals their different designs, fundamental capabilities, cache dynamics, and release schedules, giving you the knowledge you need to make an intelligent decision that is suited to your computing needs.
- The M2 Ultra shows its strength by taking the lead and outperforming competitors in the area of multi-core performance. The Ryzen 9 7945HX, on the other hand, assertively seizes the lead in the area of single-core capabilities, demonstrating outstanding accomplishments that set it apart from its rivals.
- The Ryzen 9 7945HX resonates with the melodies of DDR5-5200 memory, while the M2 Ultra embraces the combination of LPDDR5-6400, revealing enhanced computational engagements that raise the user experience to unmatched heights.
- The Ryzen 9 7945HX performs efficiently at 55 Watts while the M2 Ultra maintains equilibrium at 60 Watts, achieving a precise balance between thermal efficacy and energy use.
M2 Ultra Vs Ryzen 9 7945HX: Comparison Table
|Processor||M2 Ultra||Ryzen 9 7945HX|
|Architecture||Apple M2 Ultra||Ryzen 9 (Zen 4(Dragon Range)|
|Codename||Apple M2||Dragon Range|
|Frequency||3.5 GHz||2.5 GHz|
|Turbo Clock||–||up to 5.4 GHz|
|Max. Operating Temperature||–||100°C|
|L1 Cache||192K (per core)||64K (per core)|
|L2 Cache||64MB (shared)||1MB (per core)|
|L3 Cache||–||64MB (shared)|
|Release Date||May 2023||Jan 2023|
|Integrated Graphics||Apple M2 Max GPU||Radeon 610M|
- Process Size: The Ryzen 9 7945HX and M2 Ultra CPUs, feats of technological brilliance carved into the cutting-edge 5nm manufacturing technology, continue to redefine the boundaries of innovation and technological advancement.
- Clock Speeds: In this section, we delve deep into the inner workings of these CPUs to reveal how their clock speeds function as the essential catalyst for their core performance. The Ryzen 9 7945HX exhibits its power in overcoming obstacles by skillfully rising from a base frequency of 2.5 GHz to an astounding crescendo of 5.4 GHz.
- Resource-intensive activities do not deter the M2 Ultra from moving forward by having a base clock of 3.5 GHz and firmly establishing its position against its rival.
- Cores And Threads: Another crucial dimension arises through the complicated topic of cores and threads. The M2 Ultra demands attention with its impressive ensemble of 24 cores and 24 threads, introducing users into a world of boundless multitasking capability.
- With 16 cores and 32 threads, the Ryzen 9 7945HX creates an array of smooth multitasking agility in contrast.
- Memory Support: The Ryzen 9 7945HX resonates with the melodies of DDR5-5200 memory, while the M2 Ultra embraces the combination of LPDDR5-6400, revealing enhanced computational engagements that raise the user experience to unmatched heights.
- TDP: The Ryzen 9 7945HX performs efficiently at 55 Watts while the M2 Ultra maintains equilibrium at 60 Watts, achieving a precise balance between thermal efficacy and energy use.
Ryzen 9 7945HX Vs M2 Ultra: Productivity Benchmark Test
It’s time to reveal these processors’ performance in real-world situations after carefully examining the distinctive qualities they feature, advancing our investigation.
As we enter the arena of competition between the Ryzen 9 7945HX and the M2 Ultra, be ready for an exciting spectacle. Expect a fascinating investigation into how these chips improve productivity in regular, daily circumstances.
Geekbench Single-Core Score
- The M2 Ultra stunned everyone with a remarkable display of power, scoring a commendable total of over 1,986 points.
- The Ryzen 9 7945HX demonstrated its strength by outperforming its prior achievements, scoring an astounding 2,115 points in single-core execution and displaying an amazing increase of 6.2% in operational effectiveness.
Also Check: Apple M2 Max Vs Apple M1 Max
Geekbench Multi-Core Score
- Be amazed by the outstanding achievement of the Ryzen 9 7945HX, which displays an exceptional cumulative multi-core performance score of 19,650 points.
- Get ready for the M2 Ultra’s impressive control as it reigns supreme with a stumbling Geekbench 5 rating of 28,085, displaying an impressive increase of 35.3% in total computing power.
Also Read: Apple M2 Ultra Vs Apple M2 Max
Cinebench R23 Single-Core Score
- Review how the Ryzen 9 7945HX achieves an astounding score of 1,957 on the benchmark examination, while the M2 Ultra competes in an enthusiastic competition and earns a respectable result of 1,688.
- The Ryzen 9 7945HX triumphs with a commanding advantage of 14.7% over the M2 Ultra, adamantly claiming victory.
Learn More: Apple M2 Max Vs Apple M1 Ultra
Cinebench R23 Multi Core Score
- Watch how the Ryzen 9 7945HX astounds the audience with its computing expertise, scoring an astounding 34,665 points in the category of multi-core performance. The M2 Ultra, a fierce competitor, shows off its might and earns a good 27,472 points in the interim.
- The Ryzen 9 7945HX boldly displays its extraordinary multi-core performance capabilities, outperforming the M2 Ultra by an astounding 23.1%. Its remarkable ability to handle complex procedures is evidence of its capacity to handle the most challenging computing jobs.
Also Check: Ryzen 9 7945HX Vs Core i9 13980HX
Which One Should You Go For?
A detailed evaluation of your unique computing needs and preferences is necessary when deciding between the M2 Ultra and the Ryzen 9 7945HX CPUs.
- The M2 Ultra is a tempting choice if you’re looking for a flexible processor that thrives at multiplexing and parallel processing.
- Professionals working on jobs like video editing, 3D rendering, and scientific computations will find it to be a great pick due to its 24 cores and threads, which provide enough capacity to handle demanding workloads.
- For content creators and casual gamers, the integrated Apple M2 Max GPU adds value by removing the need for a separate graphics card for fewer-demanding graphical applications.
- Additionally, the M2 Ultra’s recent release date guarantees that you’re getting the newest improvements in CPU technology, potentially giving future software and apps an increased lifespan.
Pros And Cons
|Ryzen 9 7945HX||
- The Ryzen 9 7945HX shines, though, if most of your work involves activities required for outstanding single-threaded performance.
- This processor excels in situations when raw speed is essential, such as gaming, software development, and some design programs, due to its outstanding turbo clock speed of up to 5.4 GHz.
- The Ryzen 9 7945HX can easily handle intensive multitasking scenarios due to its increased thread count of 32 and generous 64MB shared L3 cache.
- It serves as a good option for gamers and professionals working on graphically demanding projects like video editing and 3D modelling due to its dedicated Radeon 610M graphics.
- In conclusion, the M2 Ultra is appealing to professionals and content producers who want a versatile CPU with powerful multitasking capability and integrated graphics.
- The Ryzen 9 7945HX, on the other hand, is designed with single-threaded performance, turbo clock rates, and dedicated graphics for gaming and graphics-intensive workloads in mind.
- Your choice should be in line with your particular workflow so that you may make an investment in a processor that fully satisfies your computing requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
With 24 cores and threads, the M2 Ultra excels at multitasking, making it a great option for customers who routinely run multiple programs at once.
Yes, budgetary concerns are crucial. Due to its integration and architecture, the M2 Ultra could be more expensive, but those who place a higher value on particular performance elements might find the Ryzen 9 7945HX to be a more affordable alternative.
Due to its more recent introduction, the M2 Ultra may have a longer prospective lifetime in terms of compatibility with upcoming software and applications.
Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔