Fans Vote Against Buying Concord In Latest Poll

Expert Verified By

Concord May End Up Dead On Arrival!

Story Highlight
  • A poll on NeoGAF reveals that most gamers aren’t interested in buying Concord on launch.
  • Only 3.6% of the voters intend to get the game’s Digital Deluxe Edition.
  • The game’s lack of uniqueness and similarity to other popular shooters have contributed to its low appeal.

A recent poll on the popular gaming forum NeoGAF reveals that most gamers intend to skip Concord when it releases on August 20, 2024. Instead, many voters prefer the highly anticipated game Black Myth: Wukong.

Why it matters: With the release date approaching, Concord needs to quickly win over potential players.

Fans Vote Against Buying Concord
Fans express disinterest in buying Concord | Image via NeoGAF

The poll asked which game people planned to buy on August 20, 2024. The results showed strong disinterest in Concord, with just 3.6% choosing the Digital Deluxe Edition.

Only 1.0% said they’d buy both games, and only 0.3% planned to get Black Myth: Wukong first before considering Concord. A whopping 55% of respondents said they would buy neither game, while nearly 40% voted for Black Myth: Wukong only.

This result shows a rapidly increasing disinterest in Concord. Marketed as a futuristic team shooter similar to Overwatch and Valorant, it has been criticized for its generic look and gameplay.

Some NeoGAF users are going so far as to predict the game might be “dead on arrival.” The low interest in Concord is partly due to the excitement for Black Myth: Wukong. This action RPG has impressed players with its beautiful take on the classic Chinese story Journey to the West.

The difference between the two titles—one being a unique and visually striking single-player experience and the other a typical multiplayer shooter—likely affected the poll results.

Concord
Concord is facing the challenges of breaking into the live service market.

Another reason might be that fans are more excited about other upcoming multiplayer hero shooters. For example, Marvel Rivals, another hero shooter, had 52,000 players at its peak during beta, while Concord only had 2,000.

Sony’s approach with Concord was to include all key content from the start, avoiding extra costs for expansions or battle passes. The first big update, Season 1: The Tempest, is set for October, with more content planned for 2025.

However, this plan hasn’t done much. To add to Concord’s troubles, Black Myth: Wukong has just set a new record for preloads since Cyberpunk 2077’s launch in 2020.

Regardless, this poll is an early warning for Sony. It also indicates that players are becoming more picky, preferring unique and rich experiences over standard multiplayer offerings.

Perhaps the team behind Stellar Blade was right about players now preferring single-player games.

Was our article helpful? 👨‍💻

Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋

How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔

Gear Up For Latest News

Get exclusive gaming & tech news before it drops. Sign up today!

Join Our Community

Still having issues? Join the Tech4Gamers Forum for expert help and community support!

Latest News

Join Our Community

104,000FansLike
32,122FollowersFollow

Trending

Original Uncharted Featured Dynamic Difficulty To Extend Length As Devs Feared Game Was 5 Hours Long

Naughty Dog used behind-the-scenes difficulty tuning in Uncharted to stop skilled players from finishing the game too quickly.

Marvel Tokon: Fighting Souls Shows Major Performance Improvements Without DRM on PC

Marvel Tokon: Fighting Souls stirs more criticism for its PC port, especially after evidence shows its DRM heavily impacts performance.

Former Naughty Dog Dev Says Intergalactic May Need Changes to Avoid Another TLOU 2 Situation

Former series designer at Naughty Dog says Intergalactic needs to make changes to avoid another The Last of Us Part 2 situation at launch.

Fired Rockstar Devs Ask Fans To Refrain From GTA 6 Boycott As They Continue Seeking Justice

Fired Rockstar developers are asking fans to support their legal fight against the studio instead of boycotting GTA 6.

Marvel’s Wolverine Hired The Same Character Artist Who Worked On Live-Service Flop Concord

Insomniac Games hired the same character artist who worked on the live-service flop Concord to develop Marvel's Wolverine.