Concord Dev Defends Itself After Backlash; Says Best Parts Yet To Come

Expert Verified By

"Reveal Trailer Showed A Tiny Slice"

Story Highlight
  • Concord received criticism immediately after its first trailer.
  • The developers have stated that fans only saw a glimpse of everything included in the live service game.
  • Concord is launching in August, with an open beta set to go live next month.

Concord was first announced last year during the PlayStation Showcase. Around one year later, PlayStation debuted a new look at gameplay during the latest State of Play, leading to widespread disappointment across the industry.

Following this reveal, the studio has addressed the recent feedback. According to Firewalk, the team only showed a tiny slice of the game.

Why it matters: Various titles in the gaming industry have shocked audiences. Firewalk hopes Concord can do the same, even if audiences are less enthusiastic about the hero shooter. 

During a recent interview with VGC, director Kim Kreines defended Concord and described why players should give it a solid chance before jumping to conclusions.

She clarified that Firewalk has barely shown all of the game’s content. The team still has a lot of faith in its work, and it seems to be quite confident that opinions will change once everything is revealed.

That moment is such a tiny slice of everything that we’ve been working on for years and years.

-Kim Kreines

Interestingly, media outlets have praised the core gameplay loop after recent previews.

They seem to echo a similar sentiment, describing how the hands-on time showed a more impressive side of this hero shooter. While it’s difficult to predict how players will react to the game, Firewalk is doing its best to try and meet expectations.

Concord
The First Gameplay Trailer Did Not Offer Anything Exciting

The team has also confirmed an August 23 launch on PS5 and PC. Moreover, an open beta is scheduled for July 18. This will be the perfect opportunity for players to try the hero shooter for themselves and clear all doubts.

Concord clearly has an uphill battle to face. Following live-service failures like Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, fans are skeptical about the genre. However, PlayStation has recently found success with Helldivers 2.

The gaming giant will now attempt to keep Helldivers 2’s success going, aiming to keep players engaged in a live-service model.

Was our article helpful? 👨‍💻

Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋

How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔

Gear Up For Latest News

Get exclusive gaming & tech news before it drops. Sign up today!

Join Our Community

Still having issues? Join the Tech4Gamers Forum for expert help and community support!

Latest News

Join Our Community

104,000FansLike
32,122FollowersFollow

Trending

GTA 6 Leaks Are A “Nothing Burger” And Will Only Be Slightly Annoying For Rockstar, Says Ex Company Dev

A former Rockstar dev believes that GTA 6 leaks are just a minor blip for Rockstar and that they are likely only slightly annoyed.

Xbox Series X25 Special Edition Console Launching In November For $900

The special edition Xbox Series X25 console is rumored to launch later this year, starting at a price of a whopping $900.

Modern Warfare 4 Beta Launches to a Wave of Player Complaints Over Bugs and Gameplay Issues

COD: Modern Warfare 4 seems to have had a shaky start, as its beta has launched to a myriad of player complaints and mixed reviews on Steam.

Sony’s PS6 Handheld Staying Under $600 is “Definitely Not Possible,” Says Leaker

Prominent leaker Kepler_L2 says that Sony's upcoming PS6 handheld staying under $600 is impossible due to rising LPDDR prices.

Blood of Dawnwalker New Footage Shows Striking Similarities to The Witcher 3

Rebel Wolves' new look at Blood of Dawnwalker shows elements like inventory, swordplay, and environment borrowed directly from The Witcher 3.