Mindseye CEO Blames Saboteurs For The Games Failure, Says It Will Be Relaunched

Expert Verified By

Game Continues To Attract Negative Reviews!

Story Highlight
  • The CEO of the Mindseye developer has blamed saboteurs for the game’s failure. 
  • He yet again fails to admit that the launch was a disaster and continues to blame others. 
  • However, he has revealed that the game will be relaunched, but hasn’t given an estimate for when.

Mindseye, a game that was literally being hailed as the GTA killer, was released earlier this month and flopped. The game was so poorly received that it only attracted 3.3k concurrent players on Steam, with most reviews being negative. 

The game also received negative reviews from critics and continued to receive negative remarks from gamers worldwide. It was clearly not in a state of being launched, as even PlayStation offered refunds to those who had bought it.

Now, the CEO yet again fails to admit that the game was in poor condition and blames the saboteurs for its failure. He also said that the title will be relaunched

Why it matters: Cyberpunk 2077 was a mess on launch, but it had a lot of hype. Many people bought the game, which is why it managed to make a comeback, whereas Mindseye’s re-release may be as successful. 

MindsEye
Over 60% Reviews of the “GTA Killer” Are Negative on Steam

In a recent statement by IGN, it has been revealed that the former Rockstar North president, now the CEO of the studio behind the release of Mindseye, blamed saboteurs for the failure and stated that the title will be relaunched. 

BARB sources told IGN that Benzies finally addressed staff following the release of MindsEye in a brief video call yesterday, July 2. Benzies insisted BARB would bounce back and relaunch MindsEye, blaming the studio and the game’s struggles on internal and external saboteurs, among other things.

The Co-CEO also seemed to still be in denial, as he had previously stated that people were paid to review the game negatively. The game was arguably launched in a deplorable state, and its lead performer agrees. He said that games should never be launched in such an unfinished state

Recently, a new report has also revealed that the Co-CEO said that the game’s team is lazy and incompetent, and that 100 employees may be laid off soon. That said, the developer is now aiming for a relaunch, meaning Mindseye is likely to be marketed again and have a massive overhaul.

What do you think about the CEO’s new statement? Do you think the game can bounce back after an insanely negative feedback? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below or join the official Tech4Gamers forums for discussion

Was our article helpful? 👨‍💻

Thank you! Please share your positive feedback. 🔋

How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 😔

Gear Up For Latest News

Get exclusive gaming & tech news before it drops. Sign up today!

Join Our Community

Still having issues? Join the Tech4Gamers Forum for expert help and community support!

Latest News

Join Our Community

104,000FansLike
32,122FollowersFollow

Trending

Epic Games Accuses Valve of “Illegal” Methods Over Steam Microtransactions and Fees

Epic Game's CEO accuess Valve, stating that the company still employs excessive commissions and pricing structures that he claims are illegal.

Bethesda Veteran Says Starfield Would’ve Been A Hit If It Was Developed By Some Other Studio

Skyrim lead says if a new, smaller studio developed Starfield, it would've been a hit, because the expectations from Bethesda were too high.

Modders Unlock Multi-Frame Generation Alongside FSR 4, Results Shown On The RX 7900

Modders have now managed to enable FSR 4 and Multi Frame Gen on the 4-year-old RX 7900 and showcased it by running Cyberpunk 2077.

Ex-Rockstar Dev Praises Crimson Desert: “I’m Impressed With The Game”

A former Rockstar developer has reacted to Crimson Desert's latest gameplay, sharing nothing but positive words for the RPG.

Resident Evil Requiem Will Be Less Scary Than RE7, But Still An Improvement Over Village

Resident Evil Requiem director Koshi Nakanishi says that Capcom has toned down the horror in the game since players found RE7 too scary.