Microsoft announced a new feature called Xbox Play Anywhere this year during its E3 press conference.
Xbox Play Anywhere Launching on September 13
The new feature would allow players of Windows 10 and Xbox One to make the purchase for anyone the of device and the game will be playable on both the devices with shared game progress and achievements. The company later revealed that the gamers can play the game on Windows 10 without any charges.
According to the new report by Polygon, this feature would be launched on September 13 with the first game ReCore, along with Windows 10 Anniversary update and ‘related’ Xbox update. The report is based representative of Microsoft, who announced the launch date. It further mentions;
“Then, beginning with the launch of ReCore this fall and continuing with Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2 and others, when you digitally purchase a game that supports Xbox Play Anywhere, you have access to the game on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs for one price and your progress, game saves and achievements are shared seamlessly across both platforms.”
Windows 10 Anniversary Update is set for release on August 2, and this update will enable support for Xbox Play Anywhere on the PCs. The company also revealed the list of first twelve games which will be supported with the Xbox Play Anywhere feature. There are mentioned as below;
- Gears of War 4 – Available for Pre-order
- Forza Horizon 3 – Available for Pre-order
- ReCore – Available for Pre-order
- Sea of Thieves – Sometime in 2017
- Halo Wars 2 – Available for Pre-order
- Scalebound – Available for Pre-order
- Killer Instinct Season 3 – Available Now
- State of Decay 2 – Sometime in 2017
- Ark: Survival Evolved – Available Now on Xbox Game Preview
- Cuphead – Sometime in 2016
- We Happy Few – Sometime in 2016
- Crackdown 3 – Sometime in 2017
Stay tuned for more!