A couple of weeks ago, Microsoft announced that the Windows 10 Anniversary update will be released for Desktops and Xbox One on August 2nd but on Friday, the software giant decided some changes in the plan and released the major update for Xbox One a little bit early.
Microsoft decided to release the update for Xbox One on July 29th which brought quite a number of features and updates such as Cortana, background music for the console. Cortana is currently available for the Xbox One gamers in the United States and the United Kingdom.
According to the news update, the virtual intelligent personal assistant app can be launched by saying “Hey Cortana” or “Hey Cortana, what can I say?”while connected to the headset or using Kinect.
- Talk to Cortana on your Xbox One with your headset or Kinect. To start, just say “Hey Cortana” or launch the Cortana app. If you’re not sure what to say, try “Hey Cortana, what can I say?”
- If you’re using Kinect, turn on your console by saying, “Hey Cortana, Xbox on.”
While another amazing feature included in the update was the function of Background Music, which allows users to play the music in the background while playing games or switching between applications.
- Music apps will now be able to play music in the background. In an app that supports background music, just start some music. You’ll be able to switch to other apps and games while the music plays.
- After starting your music: To play, pause, skip, and adjust music volume from anywhere, double-tap the Xbox button to open the guide, choose Multitasking, then select your music controls.
- The app must support background music. An updated Pandora app in the U.S. is the first app to support background music—and more are coming soon.
The update also added some changes in My games & apps and its sorting options. The Queue section highlights the recently installed apps and games while Ready to Install feature has also been added to help the users.
- Your stuff is closer. From Home, move right and select My games & apps.
- In My games & apps, there are new sorting options.
- “Ready to Install” has its own area, so you can quickly find the games and apps you’ve purchased but haven’t installed.
- Game and app updates will show up in their own area, when available.
- The queue area now tells you what’s been recently installed in addition to what’s in your queue.
Furthermore, changes related to the language and location settings for the users for selecting languages according their location. Along with that, top PC games have been added to the hub on Xbox Live. Players will be able check on their friends, start conversations even while playing games. It will also help users to find more Facebook friends by linking the Xbox Live and Facebook account as well as they can share the game progress, achievements and other content on their activity feed.
Complete details regarding the new update can be checked from the news update from Xbox website. Stay tuned for more!