Microsoft plans to release the next major update to its Windows 10, the Anniversary Update on August 2nd. It was assumed that the company might roll out the update on July 29th as the same day last year, the company officially released Windows 10.
A new report from the Windows blog listed out the main features, improvements and innovations which will be coming along with the new Anniversary update. Additionally, Microsoft is doing promotional activities such as offering discounts on the purchase of its product from the Microsoft store in the account of the celebration of the first anniversary of Windows 10, which will be running until August 14th.
According to the Microsoft, the new upgrade will bring entirely a number of enhancements, for example, including support for Windows Ink and improvements to Cortana, a quick, efficient Microsoft Edge, new UI experience, new icons, improved Start menu and much more.
- Additional Security Features for the Most Secure Windows
- Windows Ink: Making quick notes with the Pen and setting as a reminder
- More Productive Cortana with notification support, accessible for Android
- Efficient Microsoft Edge with support for Extensions and better Accessibility
- Better Gaming Experience with Xbox Play Anywhere program and Cortana
- New Innovations for the Modern Classrooms with “Set up School PCs” application
Windows 10 is installed in more than 320 million devices throughout the world and the company claims that the numbers are still increasing with higher customer satisfaction rate than ever. Microsoft decided to offer the new Windows 10 for free for the users of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 while the offer will be ending this July 29th, right after one year of its release. After the free upgrade period, the Windows will be offered for $119 from the digital store and retailers.