Ubisoft released the new update 1.13 for the action, adventure title Watch Dogs 2 that added a number of bug fixes, improvements and new content for the players. The new update also addressed some of the known PC issues that were reported previously.
Starting with the new stuff, Ubisoft added a new PvP online mode called as ‘Showd0wn‘, which is a 2 vs 2 online mode, requiring the players to accomplish three main objectives of stealing the HDD, Doom-load (KotH style) and the last one, erasing or protecting the servers across 15 locations. Ubisoft defines the new mode as endgame challenge.
It also brought some new online races for the Drones, Motocross and eKart which will be having their specific leaderboards so that the players can use it to for their rewards. Another is ‘Loot Truck Event‘ which can be available on random spots and the players can hack it and use it for their defense against the police. According to the studio, “These will not be easy to rob, but the cash and followers payout is fat.”
Other new content includes Paintball gun against the enemies. The screen of the opponent will be printed with paintball splashes when you attack them during multiplayer. Lastly, there are 13 new clothing items available in the different stores across the city.
While the bug fixes and improvements included in the new update are as follows;
- Explosive damage – We’ve improved the effectiveness of explosives for online play. With this update, damage to the opponent is determined by their proximity to the explosion. Standing on top of the IED will end in immediate and embarrassing death, but you’ll suffer less damage if you’re further out when the blast goes off. Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves.
- Leaderboards – Multiple minor improvements to the leaderboard system
- “Bio Hacking” blocker – Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from completing this mission.
- Duplicate operations – Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing duplicate operation entries in the DedSec App.
- Key Data – We’ve updated some Key Data units with proper definitions and descriptions on the map.
- Lots of other minor bug fixes and improvements we don’t want to bore you with.
Watch Dogs is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Stay tuned for more updates!