Watch Dogs 2 was released last month for current-gen consoles first and later, for the PC. The studio needed some extra time to polish the game on PC, that indeed resulted in better performance at launch for most of the players.
However, the game faced some issues on PC such as crashes, freezing, low fps for some players that were reported on the Steam forums, who demanded for an update and the workarounds to enjoy the game. Last week, the update 1.06 was released for PS4 and Xbox One that fixed the issues with online performance, game crashing, activity frequency, and much more and it was announced that the update will be released for PC after a couple of days.
The day is here as the Watch Dogs 2 update 1.06.135.3 was released for PC two days ago that fixes the stability issues with AMD CrossFire systems and the glitch of donut NPCs that started appearing on the streets. While the remaining improvements are the same that were released for the PS4 and Xbox One. Check out the changelog of the update below;
• Improved stability on AMD Crossfire systems – This patch fixes instability on Crossfire systems (AMD dual GPU systems).
• Fixed Donut NPCs Glitch – After downloading this patch, PC players will no longer see hilarious hordes of Donut people roaming the streets. Only a regular number of Donut people should now be seen on the streets.
• [Performance] Game Crashing – This patch will have various crash fixes for a smoother gameplay experience.
• [Online & Multiplayer] Seamless Online – Players should now experience improved reliability of seamless online and matchmaking through the Multiplayer App.
• [Multiplayer] Activity Frequency – This patch fixes the issue of the cooldown resetting after a player dies while being the target of a hack during Online Invasions. Players should now experience regular cooldown times and a normal frequency of getting hacked during their gameplay.
• [Online Invasions] Target Detecting Hackers through walls using NetHack – Some players reported being able to detect Hackers through walls using NetHack during Online Invasions. This bug is fixed in this patch.
While there are other issues as well, such as the game redirects to detection DotLocal Dll while launching. According to the reports, the issue is caused by EasyAntiCheat tool as the game uses Denuvo. All of these issues need to be addressed by the developers so the the players can enjoy one of the most hyped game of this year.
Watch Dogs 2 is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Stay tuned for more updates!