Prior to the official debut of Intel 8th Gen Coffee Lake, one of the Canadian retailers released the estimated prices of Coffee Lake family processors. It should be noted that their technical characteristics have been leaked for a long time, but no information on their value has been received so far.
In total there are total six processors listed on PC Canada store: Core i7-8700K, Core i7-8700, Core i5-8600K, Core i5-8400, Core i3-8350K and Core i3-8300. The prices quoted by the Canadian portal in many ways coincide with the current cost of similar solutions from the Kaby Lake family. The estimated cost and brief characteristics of the Coffee Lake chips are given below:
- Intel Core i7-8700K: 6 cores / 12 streams, 3.7 / 4.7 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, $ 380;
- Intel Core i7-8700: 6 cores / 12 streams, 3.2 / 4.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, $ 320;
- Intel Core i5-8600K: 6 cores / 6 streams, 3.6 / 4.3 GHz, 9 MB L3 cache, $ 265;
- Intel Core i5-8400: 6 cores / 6 streams, 2.8 / 4 GHz, 9 MB L3 cache, $ 190;
- Intel Core i3-8350K: 4 cores / 4 streams, 4 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, $ 180;
- Intel Core i3-8100: 4 cores / 4 streams, 3.6 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, $ 120.
In addition, the Canadian retailer also “lit up” the date of the start of sales of the first desktop Intel 8th Gen Coffee Lake processors – September 16. In other words, tomorrow there will be a “paper announcement” for new CPUs, and before they appear on the shelves of shops will take a few more weeks. In this case, the reviews of the Coffee Lake processors in the near future is not expected. As reported by our colleagues from VideoCardz, Intel has not yet begun sending out press-samples of new CPUs to reviewers.