Previously, German magazine Gamestar had reported that Witcher 3 will be playable with 60fps@1080p -in almost all areas- with a Core i7 and GTX 980. After playing for two days without limitations of gameplay, now they have reached to level 7 with Geralt and tells us their experience after 12 hours of unforgettable gaming experience, which defined as follows:
“My two days with Geralt were one of the most beautiful, most exciting and overwhelming experiences I have experienced in my 33 years gaming life”.
Gameplay Details of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:
- There are four levels of difficulty (easy, medium, hard and dark) that differ in the ability of the monsters you face, life points remain the same.
- You can after completing a one monster dribble through a mini-game
- The side quests are very well made, with good dialogues and ramifications.
- Potions are needed at higher difficulty levels. You just have to prepare potions once, and then can be filled if we have enough alcohol. Potions can be updated to enhance its effect. Heavy Potions further increase toxicity.
- Novigrad and No Man’s Land are a single map, much bigger than Skyrim. The islands form the other Skellige much of the world. In addition, there are 5-6 separate areas, including Kaer Morhen.
- No respawn of enemies, or at least not as often.
- The best items in the game must be forged / created
- The journalist was impressed with the ramifications of the story and how they impact that appear to be obvious, but they are not. Wanting to “correct” decisions already taken by reloading saved games will be very difficult, if not impossible.
- Unlike Bioware games, dialogue options are not good or bad, we have to discover or elucidate ourselves.
- The game seems to be entertaining Gwent cards with good gameplay design.
- There are two large cities: Novigrad and Oxenfurt, both very busy.
- The No Man’s Land area has 25 smaller towns, some of them the same size as Flotsam of Witcher 2.
- Geralt can rob people, but the system seems too easy and undeveloped.
- Having reached level 7, the journalist was killed in a coup by a Wyvern (Level 24), which implies no scaling levels.
- Ciri sequences will be of total 5-10 hours and feel more like an action / adventure rather than an RPG.
- You can expand the size of the inventory creating pockets in the saddle horse.
- Many small details such as when Roach is to eat apples in a basket
- All items equipped by Geralt are visible
- They turned their fights with fists, this time without Quick-Time Events
- The world at any time feels empty
- The reporter did not find the typical quests Messenger
Technical details of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:
- The interface is completely customizable. The icons and marker quests can also be disabled. The visual clues (eg, people were screaming for help) will be present if so desired.
- We found no NPCs duplicates.
- The gamepad feels better than playing it with keyboard and mouse (meh, peasant journalist detected).
- Annoying -extremadamente- Witcher 2 doors are gone. Now open automatically without having to press any buttons. No load times to enter homes either.
- There will be a patch on launch day
- The resolution of Xbox One will remain 900p
- A Geralt beard will grow as time passes
- Switch between keyboard / mouse and gamepad (for menus) is easy and fluid
- The most impressive dynamic weather system that -the reporter has seen in a game.
- He found a few bugs. There were no crashes or crashes.
- Details Ultra seems to have a major impact on the quality of the vegetation and character models
- No slider for LOD (Level of Detail)
- Details of blood are more prominent than in Witcher 2
A Core i7 4790 (which boost reaches 4.0GHz), 16GB of RAM and a GTX 980, not exactly a cheap mix, but seems to be the optimal setting to enjoy one of the games of the year candidate smoothly. Still, if everything goes full 60fps are likely to be better optimized than many thought.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release on May 19, 2015 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. We will bring you any new information on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as soon as it becomes available.