The German site Gamestar interviewed two members of the CD Projekt RED team, who claimed that the size of the map of second and final expansion of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, titled Blood and Wine, would be as large as all the islands of Skellige combined.
Below you can see the Skellige map for a reference:
They also disclose the important details about The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine:
- The size of the map of the region will be as large as all the islands of Skellige combined, which is quite impressive
- There will be a new deck of Gwen Skellige (confirmed during PAX East)
- There is no confirmed release date, but it will be released before the start of E3.
- They have not seen any teaser or trailer
- The graphics have improved in Blood and Wine and they have also discussed some elements such as grass have been significantly improved, the ability to apply it to the rest of the game map.
They also confirmed that there will be remastered versions or Witcher and Witcher 2, or launch a new package with the trilogy of Geralt of Riva. However, it is very likely that in the future one of Witcher 3 GOTY version with all DLCs and expansions will be released.
Previously, Marcin Momot CD Projekt RED had said the following regarding Blood and Wine:
“I can say that Blood and Wine is a fascinating story, with each unexpected twists to expect from our writers. Toussaint, the new kingdom where the expansion takes place, is unlike anything they have seen Wild Hunt. Very quiet and colorful, but your intuition never fails to tell you that really dark things are hidden behind all that.