As promised by the developers, new patch for The Witcher 3 was set for release this week which will solve remaining issues faced by the gamers. The catalog of the new patch 1.07 was published previously on CD Projekt RED’s official forum which is quite lengthy while some of it can be seen below:
- Introduces an alternative movement style for Geralt. To enable, go to the Gameplay\Movement Response submenu.
- Fixes a rare issue where the player’s horse would not fall to the ground properly.
- Fixes a rare issue where the player could be locked into the aiming animation if hit while throwing a bomb on horseback.
- Fixes a rare issue with an infinite loading screen in the Ladies of the Wood quest.
- Includes a variety of collision fixes.
- Fixes an issue where Wild Hunt warriors would remain present even after the player completed the main storyline.
- Fixes an issue where players could repeatedly buy foreign currency from a loan shark and sell it at the Vivaldi Bank.
But the framerate drop issue couldn’t be seen from the catalog after which questions were being raised regarding this issue. Anyhow, the Community Manager, Marcin Momo cleared concerns over this issue on Twitter while replying one of the followers.
— Marcin Momot (@Marcin360) July 11, 2015
The patch will be available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Moreover, another feature Game Plus Mode is included in this new patch, allowing access to extra playthroughs. The North American Community Manager said on their forums,
“Absolutely. I am not saying there is NO possibility you will ever see New Game +. The dev team is aware it has been requested and they like to keep fans happy when possible. However, as you can see by patch 1.07, there are other things being worked on as well. There are still 2 free DLCs (after this week’s Ciri alt costume), there are patches still being worked on and there is the Expansion Pass material being developed. It may happen, it may not happen, but there is definitely no word on it happening currently.
There was a lot of speculation that you would see NG+ in patch 1.07 and it didn’t happen. Some were disappointed by this. I recommend you politely keep asking for it, but don’t expect it. Then, if it should ever happen, you’ll be happy. But if it doesn’t happen for a while, you won’t keep being disappointed.”
The exact date for this much awaited patch is not known yet but it could be out soon. Stay tuned for more!