It’s confirmed! Ubisoft’s famous upcoming action, shooter, The Division is all set to get the open beta by next week of this month.
The Division Open Beta Coming Next Week
According to the Ubisoft, the open beta will be starting from February 19th till February 21st, 2016 on top three platforms, PC, PlayStation and Xbox One. But the Xbox One users will be getting “exclusive 24 hour early access”, which means that the beta will be starting from 18th Feb for the Xbox One owners.
For those gamers who have the previous closed beta installed on their hardware, they will need to download an update which is sized around 1.6 GB to access the open beta. According to the team, PC cheating vunerabilities discovered during the recent closed beta are resolved will be eliminated by the time when the game will be launching.
Some changes made in the update includes;
- New Ubisoft Club Action available for participating in the Open Beta unlocking an exclusive reward in-game
- New and improved Tutorial Video
- Tutorial video is now available to view from the Character Select Screen
- Fixed two bugs that allowed players to become invisible to other players
- Fixed an exploit with Ballistic Shield Skill that allowed players to become invincible
- Cheat Detection and Prevention additions and updates
- Fixed mismatch of stats that occurred occasionally between Vendor Inventory and Player Inventory when item purchased
- Adjusted player movement speed while running with a grenade in hand
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused other player’s name and health bar to not be visible in the Dark Zone
- Fixed some Weapon Mods that resulted in incorrect stat values when equipped
- Fixed some weapons that didn’t appear as Contaminated when obtained in the Dark Zone
- Fixed a bug with the Reward Claims Vendor that caused stacks of consumables to be decreased under specific circumstances
- Fixed a bug with stats display not updating when browsing Vendor Inventories
- Fixed a bug that caused continuous vibration under very specific conditions
- Fixed a very rare bug that prevented players from being able to fire or switch their weapons
- Added mission Dialogue lines in Missing Persons: Heather Lau Side Mission
- Several environment fixes to prevent falling through world issues in specific places
- Multiple stability fixes (23 unique crashes fixed)
- Server optimizations and improvements (players will receive less connection errors now)
- Multiple localization fixes and improvements
- Additional polish & bug fixes too numerous to mention
The game is scheduled for launch on March 8th, 2016 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Stay tuned for more updates!