Recently, a new PC Patch, build 1.0.610.1 for the new action-adventure game, Rise of the Tomb Raider was released by Square Enix. This new Patch reportedly fixed many bugs and issues, such as game startup issues and also improved the HBAO+ quality.
Rise of the Tomb Raider New PC Patch Released
As per the patch notes,
This patch will be applied by Steam or Windows automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client or manually look for updates in the Windows Store.
Check out the fixes and updates in the patch below;
Startup issues (Steam Only):
- Fixed C++ runtime error showing up on startup preventing some users from running the game.
- Provided work-around for issue where the VC++ redist would not properly get installed, stopping the game from starting at all.
- Solved problem where the game would crash on startup when tools like Bins Taskbar organizer or Spacedesk are installed.Updated options screen with among other things:
- Independent mouse sensitivity control for aim and regular navigation.
- Mouse and Gamepad X axis inversion
- Option to disable keyboard button prompts.
- Option to disable mouse smoothing (very light mouse smoothing is present otherwise)
Other fixes included in this patch:
A variety of fixes and improvements to UI including map, basecamps, and Remnant Resistance mode.
New graphics option ‘Specular Reflection Quality’ to enhance resolution and reduce aliasing of specular reflections, at some performance cost.
New graphics option to disable film-grain independently from ‘Screen Effects’.
Improved HBAO+ quality, including better occlusion for distant objects.
Improved NVIDIA SLI performance.
(Steam only)Fixed SLI glitches during water/snow effects.
(Steam only) Resolution Modifier option that allows you to use a lower rendering resolution independent from window size when running in windowed mode.
Performance optimization for situations where Razer Chroma features are enabled.
(Steam Only) Improvements to Razer Chroma effects.
(Steam Only) Fixed an issue that could rarely lead to an error on machines with 16 hardware threads or more.
Fixed mouse cursor not always being hidden when using gamepad.
Fixed major stuttering in Endurance mode.
Fixes for Endurance leaderboards.
Fixed Remnant Resistance missions occasionally not starting.
Fixed rendering glitches on some objects on NVIDIA 6×0 and 7×0 hardware.
Some issue do still happen and we are working with NVIDIA to resolve those in future patches or drivers.
Warning messages for users turning textures to Very High or enabling SSAA to indicate high-end hardware is required
A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
Rise of the Tomb Raider was released on January 28th, 2016 for PC while on November 10th, 2015 for Xbox One and Xbox 360. The game is yet to be released on PlayStation 4. Stay tuned for more updates!