Henrik Rydgård has released new version (PPSSPP 1.0) of excellent PSP emulator for PC, tablets and Android that lets you run a lot of titles (well, at least the few which are available on PSP) and can play them with graphical implementations as filters additional textures, shader post processing effects and other improvements, either Direct3D or OpenGL.
PPSSPP is considered the best emulator for Playstation Portable and lets you enjoy the best classic PSP games at high resolutions and controls upgrades. It is a good opportunity to play games at 1080p resolution like God of War: Chains of Olympus , Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars , Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Tekken: Dark Resurrection , Wipeout Pure or Ultimate Ghosts ‘n Goblins.
Here is the list of corrections of new version improvements:
- Many, many bug fixes in JIT and elsewhere, Improving compatibility
- Proper fix for Zenfone and related devices
- Direct3D 9 supported as a rendering backend on Windows, Helps on old GPUs and can be faster than OpenGL in many cases
- You can now create specific configs per game
- FPU rounding modes supported much better, fixes the Peace Walker That was undefeatable boss.NOTE: This breaks saves in Gods Eater – you must turn off the better rounding, load your save game, turn it on and save.
- The JIT now use SSE on x86, Improving speed reduced considerably. This does not affect ARM devices, that’s for the next version or two.
- Improved audio output code on Both Windows and Android, reducing latency audio on Windows and on some Android systems
- FFMPEG upgraded, fixed some music hangs (“GHA phase shifts”)
- Some Ad Hoc Improvements, coldbird.net is now default adhoc server. Ad Hoc still unfinished and hard to use.
- Graphics fixes: Bezier / spline drawing fixes, fixes the vertex position, DanganRonpa on Adreno fixed, fixed flat shading, vertex cache improved, some blockiness PowerVR issues fixed, screen scaling filter added, Google Cardboard support
- Simulate UMD better speed, fixing hangs in several games
- More Atrac3 fixes, fixing hangs
- Somewhat better handling disk full
- Fixes to dynamic unloading of code, fixing problems in GEB and TRM 2/3
- Updated to SDL2 Where applicable (Linux, Mac)
- Some new features, like analog / dpad-swap hotkey, graphics hack for Phantasy Star, show last bit of debug log in dev tools, etc
- No more need for MSVCRT DLLs on Windows
Finally, we are leaving you with some Screenshots of testes games (1080p Resolution) on PPSSPP 1.0.