Finally, we have leaked pictures of PlayStation 4 Slim, the ultra – thin and energy efficient version of the original PlayStation 4, like Microsoft’s Xbox One S, the company reuses the same AMD APU used in the original console (processor and graphics), but a lithograph of 20 nanometers.
PlayStation 4 Slim Smiles For The Camera
The images show us a PlayStation 4 Slim which is even smaller than the Xbox One S, and all this also including the power supply inside the case. We are facing a model with a hard disk of 500 GB capacity. It is expected that on September 7 Sony will officially announce Playstation Slim along with PlayStation 4 Neo, which also uses an AMD APU @ 16nm keeping the 8 – core Jaguar, but at a frequency of 2.10 GHz (Vs 1.60 GHz). Playstaion 4 Neo will use AMD graphics under Polaris 10 architecture that will give a great potential to graphics of the console, enough to run games at 1080p @ 60 FPS and even 4K.
Original PS4 Specifications:
- CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores @ 1.6GHz
- GPU: AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800MHz (equivalent to Radeon HD 7850)
- Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s
PS4 NEO Specifications:
- CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores @ 2.1GHz
- GPU: Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911MHz (possibly built on Polaris10)
- Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s