According to latest NPD date, PlayStation 4 outsells rivalry Xbox One in the United States again in month of May 2015. As per previous NPD record, Xbox One dominated sales chart during month of April, 2015.
One of the Sony’s spokesperson during recent briefing to Gamesbeat stated that, “As we head into E3, we would like to thank gamers for making PS4 the top-selling console and the leader in software sales in the U.S. in May. We are truly humbled by this success and we look forward to sharing what’s next for PS4 at our E3 press conference on 15th June.“
Usually, Sony maintained to capture the top slot of console selling chart in the U.S. and other parts of the world. Sony remained on top throughout 2015 except April, when it was revealed through surveys that Microsoft’s Xbox One outsold PlayStation 4. Sony’s spokesperson said, “PS4 continues to be the cumulative sales leader in the US and globally with more than 20 million consoles already in the market”
Other than console sales, top selling games on May 2015 were also revealed where The Witcher III remained best selling game of May 2015 while Mortal Kombat X and Grand Theft Auto V secured 2nd and 3rd position respectively. Following are the Top Ten Best selling games of May 2015:
- The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC)
- Minecraft (PS3, PS4 Xbox One, Xbox 360)
- Splatoon (Wii U)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC)
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC)
- FIFA 15 (PC, PS4, PS3 Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii , 3DS, Vita)
- MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U)
There is a lot more to be announced as E3 is very close. Stay tuned for further updates!